“Beautiful grounds”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
KITCHENER
“Beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Flowers magnificent. Constantly, a work in progress.
Friendly, very helpful staff.
Everything you could ask for and more.
Great experience.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room. West side gets sunsets.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 12 September 2011

feels like a Sofitel...rooms are small but very cool...staff was incredibly helpful and nice...clean hardwood floors in rooms. All restaurants and bars were walkable. Columbus In is nice any time of year...especially in the fall

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Our friends were in town for the weekend, so we recommended Hotel Indigo. A big annual Labor Day Weekend concert was happening in the park across the street, when a storm front blew in and brought a hundred people or more flooding into the hotel lobby. The front desk crew handled it with great aplomb. Kat, in particular, was fantastic. She answered our questions, helped with a few special requests that we and our friends had, and when we commented about the "mad house" of having so many unexpected temporary guests in the lobby, she was exceptionally positive about the situation and complimentary to the community as a whole. My friends and I also watched her wipe up spills, sweep up grass & debris that had been tracked in by the concert goers, etc, and she had a smile on her face the entire time. Anyways, I guess it should come as no surprise given the great reputation that Indigo has in Columbus, but Kat in particular, was very deserving of recognition. Great job, Hotel Indigo, and thanks Kat for your caring service to our friends and an army of other guests! :)

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Indy_Jones_500
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I was excited to stay at Hotel Indigo based on what I'd seen and read about it online, and I'm happy to say my visit surpassed all my expectations. The staff was wonderfully accommodating and friendly, and my room was spacious and spotlessly clean. I slept like a baby on the Tempurpedic mattress. The modern decor of this hotel is what makes it really stand out, and it's all perfectly in keeping with the overall sophisticated architectural/design vibe of Columbus. Easy walking distance to all the great restaurants and shops on Washington Street and the Peoples Trail and park green space. And how cute is it that Hotel Indigo has a staff dog to greet guests in the lobby? I LOVED this hotel, only wished I could have stayed another night!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

friendly helpfull staff, thank you melinda for the engaging conversation. I had breakfast every morning and recommend the restaurant located right in the hotel....cheers matt k

• Stayed August 2011
Spiceland , Indiana
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The hotel gave another guest my prepaid handicapped accessible room just before I arrived. They solved the problem by splitting up our party into two seperate rooms, which meant my children had to stay in a room by themselves in a room at the other end of the hallway. The hotel required that I put $50 down as a damage deposit because i had prepaid for my room, and then refused to turn the room phone on because I had only put cash down and had not given them a chargecard! The staff was totally incompetent! But the hotel itself was pleasant enough.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
IHGCare, ihg care at Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

^bj
IHG Care
Temple Terrace, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Our son and his wife found this hotel on a day trip to Columbus and wanted to try it. We spent a wonderful weekend seeing the outstanding architecture in Columbus, playing with Miles, the adorable lobby dog, and relaxing in our very chic rooms. Based on the level of style and comfort, I would have anticipated a much higher rate for the room. It really felt like a bargain. The staff were well trained and helpful; the lovely lady at the front desk knew my name by the first morning, something that always makes me feel at home.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#4 of 10 in Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh

Been to Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!