“Awesome”
Review of Columbus Hotel

Columbus Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here for my company and I was kinda upset that I did not get a hotel with a indoor pool I mean I wanted to relax after work. I checked in and got to my room and WOW Comfty beds clean rooms and friendly staff and FREE BREAKFAST!!! That helped me with my expenses.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to do an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay! Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Columbus Hotel

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stopped for an over night stay as I was in route to FL. The staff was very friendly, the rooms and facility were clean and the breakfast served in the morning was sufficient. Overall, this was a good value for what I spent.

Room Tip: Convenient location relative to the interstate. Friendly staff and clean rooms (sounds badic but mea...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review about our property. Your feed back is very important to us. We work hard to provide good customer service as well as clean and comfortable rooms so your comments serve as encouragement to all of our staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We ended up staying here 2 nights when I 65 was recently closed due to weather. Even in some trying times, the staff was so very friendly and very efficient. We stayed in 2 Queen room which was more than adequate. I would have given this an "Excellent" but I think it just needs a few tweaks - the toilet needed to be fixed (maintenance came right away), coffee pot ran ever so slowly, a bedside light was burned out, and I found a candy bar on the floor...not ours!
The breakfast are is very large and very nice - and a nice variety of hot and cold foods. It is a pleasant place to sit - good thing, as we did sit for awhile as there was not much else to do.
Outlet mall is one exit north on I 65 or you can get at it via US 31, so very convenient.

Room Tip: We like staying on the third floor, overlooking the breakfast area. It is an easy open stairway down...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I do apologize for the few glitches you experienced during your stay but I am happy that our staff responded quickly and corrected the issues. Thank you so much for your business and we lookd forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had stayed at this hotel before, heading back from the south.It is a larger hotel with an exceptionally nice breakfast area on the second floor - not your usual tight quarters, near the lobby kind. Rooms are updated, comfortable, and clean. We always ask for a higher room as they seem to be quieter. Ours on the third floor was very convenient to breakfast yet still quiet.
Front desk staff were all very friendly and efficient - we dealt with 4 of them as we had to stay an extra day due to weather and I 65 closure. The hotel also has nice little sitting areas on each floor - nice for us so we did not feel so cooped up, waiting for the road to open.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to do an on line review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for recognizing our efforts. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again and hope to see you in the furture!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The atrium is a pleasant place for family breakfast. There's a good variety of hot foods and breakfast breads, and plenty of hot coffee. The front desk was really helpful in sorting out our various reservations, late arrivals, and billing. There are also Culver's, IHOP, Waffle House, and other restaurants within walking distance and a Walmart nearby.

Room Tip: The atrium/breakfast bar is actually on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil B
Jeri R, General Manager at Columbus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to do a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate your positive comments. Our team works hard to provide outstanding customer service and we thank you for recognizing them for their efforts. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stopped here as it was convenient off the interstate and we were in the midst of very bad highway conditions. This is an interesting property being that the room is like an efficiency suite. Had a stove-top, dishes, fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher. For an overnight stay it's not something we are looking for, but if you were planning on staying awhile it may be nice. We didn't find it suited our needs as far as privacy for a couple. The bathroom is in 2 parts (shower/toilet), and outside is the sink, in full view of the bed area. If you are up later, or get up in the night, you surely wake the other person in the room with the lights as the room is quite small. This feature would make us not stay here again. The cleanliness was average, the breakfast area was spacious and well equipped. The layout of the rooms does make them fairly quiet from hall noise. Certainly not a bad property, just not one we will choose in future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stopped in between Indy and Madison. Good accommodation for a great price, plus a good, hot breakfast in the morning. The staff was very helpful and courteous, and the gal in charge of keeping the breakfast area stocked was quick and thorough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#5 of 9 in Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh

Been to Columbus Hotel? Share your experiences!