“Luxury B&B at its welcoming best”
Review of Kelmscott House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eversholt
Kelmscott House
Ranked #1 of 1 Eversholt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Was a pleasure to spend a night and morning in the company of Cheryl and Tom, 2 well traveled and well presented owners of the B&B set in the beautiful town of Evershot. The room was very large with a well presented en suite and bag room, with wonderful living quarters and access to mod cons in the room. Very welcome attitude and very relaxed way of live - check in and check out is never rushed and you are always treated like part of the family. Breakfast was cooked as you waited and was whatever you desired - whilst the conversation was as simple or in depth as you wanted. Absolute joy, well worth paying that little bit extra for supreme quality. Oh, you must love dogs as they have 2 other the most friendly ones going!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the bath!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelmscott_12, Owner at Kelmscott House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

All the best for 2017
Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have never written a review before (this is my wife's account) but I couldn't let my stay at Kelmscott House pass without sharing my thoughts. I stayed here on a business trip and if I was to list all the things I look for in a place to stay this would tick every box. Clean, modern, smart and welcoming with a very personal feel and literally everything you need. The room had a big comfortable bed and as well as the things you would expect to find in a standard room (tea and coffee etc.) they provide a mini fridge with different types of juice, bottled water, fresh milk and cafetiere coffee. At breakfast they supply everything you could possibly need and I find this remarkable for a B+B with only 3 rooms. I was looked after superbly - Tom made me a map to my meeting place as my route was diverted and even left me with some tropical juice for my journey! - and I left feeling like I had made new friends. I was even presented with 3 new golf balls complete with the Welsh flag as a parting gift after a chat with Tom at breakfast. You can't fail to be impressed with the genuine hospitality you receive here and I hope to return in the near future. Thank you both for a lovely stay and for the maps and golf balls! James

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ktlc52

Thanks so much for your kind comments.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Just returned tonight from a business trip in Bedfordshire. l had stayed overnight at Kelmscott House on the night of Thursday 25th April. l was so impressed, so blown away that l had to leave a quick note on Trip Advisor tonight. From Cheryl's warm and genuine smile right at the door as l entered to Tom's charming discourse at breakfast, l have to say Kelmscott is the best B&B l have ever stayed in bar none....and that's coming from a well travelled man.
Decor, size of the room, size of the double bed, cleanliness...all A1. Now add luxurious touches of elegance, dark wood furniture, two beautifully ornate crafted victorian type leather chairs with matching soft cushions, private balcony overlooking beautiful greenery, as free range hens peck away merrily down below......in readiness to supply free range eggs for your breakfast the next morning...you get the picture...
I happen to have forgotten my phone charger in the room when l checked out to attend my business function in the morning. I wasn't even aware l had left it...but because l had mentioned briefly at breakfast that l was attending a business function and where it was.....Tom and Cheryl actually got into their car and drove some 20mins to my function and dropped off the charger that l hadn't even realised l had left in the room. Now...that is what you get with the genuine kindness and unmatched customer care of the Keeleys....no where else compares.....no where else comes close...Thank you Tom....Thank you Cheryl

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank adewale

We really enjoyed your company.
Cheers

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Me and my fiancé stayed here for a trip to Woburn Safari park. We had read the positive reviews beforehand but were still massively impressed by Cheryl and Toms hospitality!

We were welcomed into their gorgeous home and treated to an awesome breakfast! (Complete with fantastic poached eggs fresh from their very own hens!)

The room itself was immaculate, comfortable and beautiful.

We shall definitely be recommending this to friends and will hopefully be paying Tom & Cheryl another visit in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank DSkipper
Kelmscott_12, Owner at Kelmscott House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for the lovely review. Hope the stay made your birthday a bit more special. And I still want to know what the surprises was in the evening!!. Cheryl and Tom.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Dearest Cheryl, Tom

Thank you for sharing you house and home. ....and friends and friendships across the breakfast table!

Your white towels smelt so nice and were toasty warm and soft...They were so nice and pristine... I could not bear to use more than one towel (!! ... old parental rules about staying at friends houses!).

The bedroom was so BIG! and warm and comfortable. As I shared with Tom.. This would be divided into three rooms in the city where I live!

I will share the pictures of your most beautiful dogs and productive hens with my children. They will want to visit!
Thank you for a wonderful welcome and amazing set of aga-cooked breakfasts!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Blk13Holland

Dearest Nigel. It was our pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope when you come back to england you will come and visit us and the mad dogs. Cheryl and Tom.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

If you ever want to know how to run the perfect B&B, just visit Tom and Cheryl and bring a sizable notebook.
The moment we arrived we received a fantastically warm welcome. We were shown to our very sizable, very well equipped, extremely well presented room. We have stayed in so called luxury hotels that hold nothing in comparison to Kelmscott.
A few people have already mentioned that nothing was too much trouble, and yet again we have to say the same.
Tom and Cheryl have mastered the art of hospitality. Their willingness to take the time to chat is a rare delight. This was reiterated when we spent an hour and a half at breakfast just chatting whilst enjoying a breakfast to die for. Cheryl has a gift on the Aga.
Thank you both for a truly wonderful stay, we will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Sorry about the long breakfast. Tom does like to talk!!!! Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you will visit us again. Cheryl and Tom.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Cheryl and Tom are the consummate hosts in their immaculate home in Eversholt. From our enthusiastic greeting from Tom to our farewells, nothing was too much trouble. 'Ask and get' should be carved above their front door. A good night's sleep followed by a truly magificent breakfast cooked by Cheryl on the Aga. We really hope one day to return.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you both very soon. Cheryl and Tom

Been to Kelmscott House? Share your experiences!