“Nice rooms & friendly staff”

Comfort Inn Corydon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Corydon
Gloucester, Virginia
“Nice rooms & friendly staff”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My sons and I were traveling from Virginia to Missouri and stopped here for the night. While the exterior is in need of a little TLC the interior was clean and comfortable. I like my bed a bit firm so it was spot on. Room and bathroom were both very clean. Even though I thought the price was a little high I would stay here again because of the clean rooms, friendly staff and decent breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was my second visit to this location, as my work travels landed me in the Corydon area again. It's difficult to understand why if a hotel has a seemingly endless number of vacant rooms that they would put me in one so far from the lobby and then put other guests in adjacent rooms. Growing tired of rooms that smell musty and/or smokey when they're supposed to be smoke free. Also growing tired of king beds that sag in the middle, bath towels that are worse than the ones I dry my car with and A/C units that have dirty/musty filters and are so seemingly so inefficient.

I'm also growing tired of how little $90-$100 gets you in a hotel room anymore. Sometimes I wish my expense budget could afford to put me up in hotels from the Marriott chain like some of my friends who travel. I'm big on Choice Hotels, but sometimes my Diamond Elite Status gains me so little.

I'm confidant at this point that my next trip to Corydon will find me in another location.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the front of the hotel, face the sunset. So ask for one so that the sunrise is on th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent Room! Very Clean! The whole staff there is GREAT! The best place to stay in Corydon for the price! Save the Money and go for Steak!! Has a outdoor pool! Breakfast not bad! Overall I will stay there again!! The Rate is good and well worth it!! You will be suprised! From the outside does not look that good but you will be suprised!

Room Tip: You can get a Coupon at the rest area or welcome center and you can save some money!! Also AAA helps...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jimmy H
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a nice clean room, the pillows were a little iffy. Everything worked in the room. The staff was nice and the breakfast was a free breakfast. For under $100, I'd stay there again if I were in town.

1 Thank Mack055
COMFORTINNCORYDON, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corydon, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank You for staying with Comfort Inn Corydon. We look forward to see you when you are back in town.
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed one night in July on the way to Branson, MO. When we walked in our room it had a very musty smell. Thank goodness we had air freshner with us. The bathroom wall paper was held on with thumb tacks. In our second room the AC leaked in the floor. We called the front desk and he brought us a handful of napkins. Breakfast was just ok. Very busy and few seats. Rooms need work and remodling. In the morning when we spoke to hotel workers cleaning rooms but they did not speak english.

3 Thank Lydia F
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We take all the comments and suggestions very seriously. I assure you that the issues you had are taken care of. Also we believe in equal oppourtunity. Its dissapointing to learn that you had hard time conversing with the housekeeping staff.

Travellers are raving about these Corydon hotels

North Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We wanted a place to stay that wasn't far from Holiday World ( about 45 Minutes), but wasn't outrageously priced, and this turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is not far from the interstate, but it was still quiet. The rooms were nice and breakfast tasty and well stocked even though they were very busy. They have a great coffee machine and flavored creamer which is a huge perk for me. Staff members were friendly and helpful.

1 Thank txdorsey
Thank You for your wonderful comments. We really appreciate it and hope to see you agian in future.
McLeansboro, IL
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here recently for two night while attending the NASCAR race nearby. It is a smaller hotel and probably a little older building but ended up being a very nice stay for my family and I. The outdoor pool was tucked away behind the building with a gazebo and chairs placed around and very enjoyable not only for the kids but for us parents relaxing. Rooms were neat and clean, beds comfortable (although a little small for a couple used to a Queen sized bed or larger), bathroom clean, everything was functional. This hotel does accept pets so could definitely be a problem if you had a dog in the room beside you barking all the time. We only heard them as we would walk by the rooms that had them. Was a little surprised that they had people with dogs staying in rooms next to people without. Would think maybe the "dog section" would be separate from others, but wasn't a problem for us on this occasion. Breakfast was so-so. Egg pucks weren't all that edible and maybe a little lower quality on the sausage, waffle mix, etc., but there were things that would keep one from being hungry. Good location. Would return if the opportunity came about.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corydon
Baymont Inn & Suites Corydon
Super 8 Corydon
#5 of 5 in Corydon
Best Western Plus West I-64
Horseshoe Southern Indiana

Been to Comfort Inn Corydon? Share your experiences!