“MUST HAVE!!!!”

Emery's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Corydon
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Rotating over a 100 flavors of hand dipped ice cream, Emery's Premium Ice Cream has been an American tradition since the 50's. Emery's began during the great depression as a family business, tucked away in a residential neighborhood of New Albany, Indiana. Kevin Paul, owner of Alvin's Enterprises' purchased the memorabilia and equipment from the original Emery's store and ... Has recreated the atmosphere of the old-fashioned ice cream shop. Visiting Emery's today evokes the feeling of traveling back in time to the era in which Emery's originated. And it should; not much has changed aside from its new location in Corydon, Indiana. The bar stools, counter, vintage posters art, and most importantly the ice cream bins and soda fountains are all from Emery's original location. You can enjoy the same favorite Emery's homemade flavors that were enjoyed years ago. Visit Emery's today and discover why it has been a favorite for over 60 years!
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been going there for a while. They are all kind and love to have conversations, they serve you well, and we are friends with them. Try it!

1  Thank RedneckMeteorologist

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter just moved to the area and told me I would love this place. Monday we stopped by for ice cream. The place is adorable I felt like I walked in to 1950. The ice cream was wonderful many great flavors to choose from. I took home some candy as well and it was some of the best chocolate I have ever had. I live an hour away but will be back soon. Love this place and the man working behind the counter could not have been nicer.

1  Thank Ann19632014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Their ice cream is so yummy and delicious We were on our honeymoon and saw this is a destination on trip advisor. We are so glad we stopped. Not only do they have ice cream, malts, and sundaes. They also have old fashion candies too. The man in charge their was so friendly and really made us feel welcome. It reminded of you of something out of movie where he's your best friend. It resembles and old time soda and ice cream shop. My husband and I not only had one thing each, but two. I had the brownie turtle sundae which was so scrumptious and the dreamsicle freeze. My husband had the banana pudding hard ice cream and is now hooked on it. He also had their chocolate malt and absolutely loved it. They are very reasonable priced and you get generous portions too. Since we told him it was our honeymoon he took our photo since hard to do yourself and even gave us a souvenir card. We will definitely be going back when we are in the area.

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I have only lived in Corydon a short time but have traveled here many times due to family...actually my great grandfather lived in the house that this place occupies many years ago. But the service is top notch and I have not tried a bad flavor yet. Great small town charm.

1  Thank Patrick N
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just started going to Emery's Ice Cream parlor this year and I've yet to be disappointed. My first flavor I tried was a pumpkin ice cream with streusel bits in it. Wow!! The next was a Starbucks coffee ice cream and mmmm mmm mmm! The last is a mocha fudge swirl that was rich and decadent. I highly recommend this place for excellent ice cream that doesn't taste like a chain!

2  Thank bscott63