“Came back a second time”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have used this Holiday Inn Express for two trips to Turkey Run State Park. The facility is lovely, and the morning breakfast is excellent. Both times I've had the pleasure of interacting with Phyllis in the breakfast area, who keeps everything clean and the food fresh. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NoNameEver
ptp231, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your nice review. We are pleased to see your comments about Phyllis our breakfast bar attendant. We feel Phyllis does an excellent job & we are thrilled to hear you agree. We find many of our guests stay with us since we are just a short drive to Turkey Run State Park. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We're looking forward to your next visit.
Paul Parry, Director of Operations

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great place to stay. Everything was nice and clean. Beds were nice and comfortable. Breakfast was more than I ever expected. The cleaning staff was outstanding, gave me extra towels and shampoo on the spot. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie R

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We truly appreciate your nice comments about our staff and we look forward to sharing your review with our entire team. We're looking forward to your next visit and can't thank you enough for sharing your experience!
Paul Parry, Director of Operations

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to Purdue to bring my son home for Christmas, since we couldn't get a room in West Lafayette. We thought the building was brand new, because it looked so good, but it's been around a few years and they keep it up very nicely.
The decor was beautiful, the rooms were pretty and spacious, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was better than most. We also appreciated the refrigerator in
the room and the big flat screen TV. There was a heated swimming pool, which was nice
for people with children on a cold night. The hotel staff was very friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013
ptp231, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

You have made our day with your wonderful review! We will share your comments with our entire team. We're looking forward to your next visit and we can't thank you enough for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I decided to travel last minute and remembered this hotel. I had not stayed here before since usually I travel farther before stopping.

I will definitely use this hotel with their friendly staff again.

The pool and whirlpool were perfect!!

There was no noise issue here at all. Clean, comfortable and easy access to 74.

Breakfast included those warm cinnamon rolls which I like. The coffee was great.

The stay was relaxing and there is nothing I would change about this hotel stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
ptp231, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience at our hotel! We feel we have an excellent staff and are thrilled to hear you agree. We will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. We're looking forward to your next visit and we couldn't be happier about your review.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. We liked it so much the first time, we decided it would be 'our place to stop' each year we travel back from Ohio. We were thrilled to get the room we requested by the pool yet, as one other traveller's review stated, the walls are paper thin!! We hadn't noticed it the previous time but this time we could hear people in rooms around us and the DOG barking in the room right next to us. We were quite surprised to see n hear the dog and really suggest the hotel have a specific block of pet rooms so those patrons who are allergic to dogs and cats don't have to pay the price and suffer. Or at least find some way to ask or warn the unknowing patrons.
The pool, one of the things we love about this hotel, was dirty. ICK! There were things all over the bottom of the pool and balls of hair(hair bunnies) rolling around with the junk on the bottom. There was a used bandaid lying right next to the pool stairs. It caused us to wonder about the hot tub as well but, it's darker over there so we couldn't see if anything gross was in it. When I mentioned this to the staff at the front desk she nicely stated that she would tell housecleaning in the morning, they had a big group of people staying that weekend. Very nice but, we wanted to swim that night and we wondered why the pool would still be dirty that late in the day -4pm. Couldn't housecleaing have cleaned it after the big group left??? We didn't go to the pool the next morning.
We appreciated the cleanliness of our room, especially the bathroom- that's the place I scrutinize the most, next to the bed. The beds are so very comfortable and we slept better than in any other hotel. (when no people or dog noise)
We love the breakfast area and the very kind woman who manages it all on her own. The area is huge which is great and the selection is wonderful. Although, I would suggest better, real cheese in the eggs/omlets.
The sundry shop is also great, the snacks, drinks and movies!!! We love that!! If I remember correctly that is the manager's touch, Thanks Michelle.
There are so many more positives than negatives, suffice it to say~ we will return next year. We will know to ask about pets and maybe consider a room on the top floor to avoid the noise but WE WILL RETURN. We may even utilize this hotel for family gatherings between states. We would give it 5 stars except for these 3 issues; dirty pool, barking dog and thin walls.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Babs D
ptp231, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that I could have been due to the noise created by a barking dog in the room next to yours and the poor condition of the pool. We appreciate you bringing this important customer service information to our attention. We are truly sorry for the problems. We try to be proactive in anticipating possible noise from rooms by spreading the rooms out among our guests if possible. We would have gladly moved you to a more quiet area of the hotel if it would have been convenient for you. There is no excuse for the poor condition of the pool. We have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff and I can assure you we have put plans in effect to prevent this from occurring in the future. I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the problems you experienced during your stay. We value you as our customer and hope you will give us a chance to offer you an improved level of service in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful; it appears very clean and fairly new or upgraded. The breakfast in the morning was really great. We had a king suite and it was extremely large - no lie. However, the walls in the hotel itself must be paper thin because every word you say carries into the next room.
We came in a little late from out of town and decided to kick back and watch a movie. The room next door had a party going on and a few of the guests had specifically asked us if they were too loud and at 8.30 pm, it was fine. By the time it was 12.30 am, it was a little too much. We called down to the front desk and asked the girl to take care of it. She had assured us she had already done it. We never heard the phone ring or anyone knock on the door so while we like to think the best, we're not even sure she did anything.
We called again at 1.00 am and asked her when this party was going to be broken up and if they were so hard to control, why didn't she alert the police. I offered to go next door and ask them to politely and the front desk clerk said "If I go next door, the only person the police would be coming for is you". At this point, I was angry. I was exhausted from a long day at work and traveling. Yes, I did say a bad word and...needless to say, it didn't go over well because then the clerk insinuated I was the problem now. I hung up the phone.
I did go next door and asked the other guests very politely. Two of them left, they apologized profusely to us but I honestly believe they had NO IDEA how loud they were because the walls are so thin. The remaining guests did quiet down but by 1.30 am the party was back in full swing. My husband called the desk this time and asked where was the manager. The clerk said she was coming in at 2 am and we were welcome to "come downstairs and wait for her to show up".
We did go downstairs. While down there, the front desk clerk decided to keep on with her very unprofessional manner and imply my husband and I were the issue. To say she was unprofessional is me being extremely polite. The desk clerk told her manager I was cussing at her. When Michelle, the general manager, came over to me, I told her exactly what had been said as did my husband. I apologized and then told Michelle I work with customers every day. While not all of them are right, they are to be treated as such and this clerk was treating us as if we were the reason for her poor service.
We returned to bed - the manager finally broke up this party after calling us at 2.25 am to see if it was still going on (it was).

In the morning, there was a letter of apology under our door. Michelle apologized and wrote other things about her dealing with the staff member. She also credited the room back and gave reward points to my club card.
My intention in reviewing places is never to receive free nights or anything of that sort but to let my fellow travelers know good and bad places. While we were satisfied with not having to pay for that nightmare, we are sad that it happened at all. Customer service, no matter what you do for a living, is paramount. While they can fix the insulation in the walls and other things to muffle sound, if you have an employee who represents you and leaves a bad taste in your customers mouth, well, there is a lot of unnecessary "repairs" that cost the business person at the time and in future return visits. I am not against fun and certainly, the guests next door deserved to enjoy themselves as well. However, there was a solution (having them move to the lobby or perhaps a 'future party room' is a great idea for hotels. Making your guests and customers feel as if they are not as important as the next customer is never the way to do business. Thank you Michelle for righting this for us and I hope in the future, this Holiday Inn Express does something to accommodate all the guests equally so no one is the bad guy in this scenario.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandysisland
ptp231, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been due to the noise created by other guests. We appreciate you bringing this important customer service information to our attention. We are truly sorry for the problems. We try to be proactive and anticipate possible noice from groups staying at our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel for not being able to prevent the noise from disturbing your stay. Also, rude treatment of our guests by any staff member is certainly not acceptable. We have counseled with the front desk clerk involved and I can assure you that all of our guests will be treated with the customer service they deserve. I am glad that our general manager refunded your charges for your stay with an apology to demonstrate our sincere regrets for the problems you encountered. Again, I apoligize for the problems. We value you as our customer and hope you will give us a chance to offer you an improved level of service in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was my first trip to Crawfordsville. I thought the Holiday Inn was very clean. The breakfast was great...one of the best ever, in fact. We were really surprised that they had eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., and the cinnamon rolls were fantastic! There was no iron in the room, but my husband was able to get one in the lobby. The bed was fairly comfortable (I missed my memory foam from home), but it was very clean. Everything looked clean and smelled clean. I would stay here again for sure. I would have given 5 stars, but I felt it was a little pricey.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ptp231, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Crawfordsville
Rodeway Inn Conference Center
Rodeway Inn Conference Center
#8 of 9 in Crawfordsville
Holiday Inn Express Lebanon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville? Share your experiences!