I know this is a Motel 6 but the condition of this room & the property is unacceptable, somebody from the corporate office needs to come down here and look at this dump. We over-estimated the distance we could cover today & had to cancel our reservation at another hotel and stay here. This is the second to last leg of this trip, no money left or we would find another place.
Exterior of building has been recently painted and undergone some renovation
1) See photos of door and door frame - broken
2) See photos of back parking: property backs to within 50 yards of I-74, view of dumpster & broken hotel furniture. VERY noisey
3) See photos of bathtub - disgusting
4) See photos of water-damaged ceiling
4) Major road construction project near entrance to hotel and rear rooms - VERY noisy
5) Motel shares parking lot with a strip club & adult novelty store (if you care, I don't)
6) Lots of people living here, probably on monthly rate. Big group of them partying on back parking lot, hotel furniture taken from their rooms & moved onto the parking lot. These guests have lots of dogs running loose on the property, one pit bull
7) No security cameras or patrol
There are 6 other hotels within sight of this dump, I wish we could move to another hotel. May not stay, may just hit the road.
Don't go to the Cracker Barrel across the street either, it's terrible. I've been eating at Cracker Barrel my entire life and NEVER had a bad meal, not ever! Until tonight. Gross.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED Motel 6 Crawfordsville hotel on US 231 easy on and off, Interstate 74 exit 34 All rooms renovated December 2013 with 32" LCD TV, new Phoenix furniture package with hardwood floors. Plan your day using our free Wi-Fi Internet access, we offer free truck and RV parking. All non smoking rooms, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult Pay a visit to the General Lew Wallace Study & Museum, where the famous author penned part of Ben-Hur, A Tale of the Christ. Built as a place of refuge, it is an eclectic mix of three different architectural styles and boasts a large skylight. Inside you can view Wallace's collection of books, paintings and sculptures, displays of violins and fishing equipment and other memorabilia. The Vanity Theater, home of the Sugar Creek Players, which stages musicals, dramas and comedies for audiences of all ages, just a five-minute drive from our Crawfordsville, Indiana, hotel. For a unique journey into history, visit a monument to American innovation at the Rotary Jail Museum and Center for the Arts, the first rotary jail built in the U.S. After your trip to the jail, experience the freedom of the open air on the Sugar Creek Trails, more than five miles of natural beauty along Sugar Creek. For a family outing, Feel your heart race along with the engines as daredevils whiz around the track in pursuit of a coveted prize at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the famed Indy 500 and the world's largest spectator sporting facility, just 45 minutes from our Crawfordsville, Indiana, and hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Motel 6 Crawfordsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Crawfordsville
- Crawfordsville Days Inn
- Motel 6 Crawfordsville Indiana