“Don't Stay Here! Better to sleep in your car”

Motel 6 Crawfordsville
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
Los Angeles, California
“Don't Stay Here! Better to sleep in your car”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I know this is a Motel 6 but the condition of this room & the property is unacceptable, somebody from the corporate office needs to come down here and look at this dump. We over-estimated the distance we could cover today & had to cancel our reservation at another hotel and stay here. This is the second to last leg of this trip, no money left or we would find another place.

PROS
Exterior of building has been recently painted and undergone some renovation

CONS
1) See photos of door and door frame - broken

2) See photos of back parking: property backs to within 50 yards of I-74, view of dumpster & broken hotel furniture. VERY noisey

3) See photos of bathtub - disgusting

4) See photos of water-damaged ceiling

4) Major road construction project near entrance to hotel and rear rooms - VERY noisy

5) Motel shares parking lot with a strip club & adult novelty store (if you care, I don't)

6) Lots of people living here, probably on monthly rate. Big group of them partying on back parking lot, hotel furniture taken from their rooms & moved onto the parking lot. These guests have lots of dogs running loose on the property, one pit bull

7) No security cameras or patrol

There are 6 other hotels within sight of this dump, I wish we could move to another hotel. May not stay, may just hit the road.

Don't go to the Cracker Barrel across the street either, it's terrible. I've been eating at Cracker Barrel my entire life and NEVER had a bad meal, not ever! Until tonight. Gross.

Room Tip: AVOID AT ALL COSTS! UNSAFE & DIRTY. I would give this place a zero if I could
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

There a reason it's $39.99 a night (old dirty no coffee pot microwave breakfast of any kind no wi fi)just a cheap bed Shwr that ur not sure u want to be in I know company I work for just looked at price but think ill spend next two nites in my bus stay clear of this one I stay in motels 3 to 4 nites a week and this has to be the worst I've seen in some time holes I walls borders falling from walls did nt see any bugs but wouldn't be surprised

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these Crawfordsville hotels

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The person at the front desk is very friendly.

The room reeks like a smokers haven and the burn stains on the bed prove that as well. The bedding was just disgusting. Looked like someone had a fun night in the bed and the bedding was never changed. No bed bugs spotted but there was some particles of some kind between the comforter and the sheets.

Definitely not worth the money. Two queen beds, nasty bedding, and a smell to go home with for $65.

Go somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Hula2013
Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We checked in late on a Friday night after traveling on our motorcycle all day. I have never stayed at a Motel 6, but thought it was worth a try for a quick night sleep. One positive thing I have to say about this hotel is that the night clerk was very friendly when checking us in.

On the down side...he accidently checked us into a room that was already occupied. Apparently some people don't appreciate strange bikers barging into their hotel room while they sleep. I felt sorry for the occupant of the room...his line of profanity was quite impressive! I feel lucky he didn't shoot us!

That did not set the stage for a relaxing night sleep. When we did get checked into a private room
we found that the hotel is pretty rough. It was mostly clean, but we found a wet/dirty washcloth hanging up on the shower rod in the bathroom. The bed spreads were old and did not match. The room was was really old and outdated.

The hotel is located next to a seedy looking strip club. There are many other hotels in the area to chose from.

I realize this is a budget motel, but I still think there has to be better options in town! It would be worth it to pay a few more dollars for a nicer place!

Room Tip: The best room would be one at another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank couplenindy
Maple Park, Illinois
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I selected this motel for the price. I was only 4 hours from home, but it was already 8 p.m. and I was pretty tired.
I have never stayed in a Motel 6 before, and don't know if this place is "par for the course." All rooms had only exterior entrances, and I had to swipe my key several times before the door unlocked (each time I entered.....I had to make 2 trips with luggage, and then drove into town for dinner....each time, I had to swipe the key several times.) My room had been used hard over the years. The carpet was worn, torn in spots, and coming away from the walls. The TV remote was grimy. There was soap, but no shampoo. The sheets, sink, shower, toilet seat, and bedside table were all clean, which was what I would have expected for the price. One could probably compare this motel to a 1960's Holiday Inn that was top-notch in its day, but has had very little maintenance done over the years.
This motel is just off the interstate, which is convenient for travelers, but the closest business is a building with a big sign that says, "Girls, Girls, Girls." I stayed on a Saturday night, and I did notice a young man and young woman walking across the parking lot towards the Motel 6. Once I'd eaten dinner, I entered my room, locked it, and stayed there. But the property was very quiet all night. I did set the air conditioner to run (and make white noise) all night.
The evening receptionist was friendly. The morning receptionist was semi-friendly.
This motel was adequate for a full night's sleep and a shower. I would not walk on the carpet in bare feet, nor sit on the chair unless I were wearing long pants.

Room Tip: Good room? Stay somewhere else. 8 hours' sleep? This place is adequate.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Crawfordsville is a halfway point to spend the weekend visiting Shades State Park. Maybe in years' past (when it was a Days Inn and not a Motel 6?), it was a nice place.. not sure what happened between the favorable reviews I read here from August to September, but we must've not been staying in the same hotel. And the pictures of the clean room, complimentary shampoo/conditioner and hair dryer? Where'd those come from? I wouldn't take pictures because I would be embarrassed for anyone to see where I stayed!

The location was great (right off two main highways), and the rate was very good - $50 for a king-size bed (no smoking - although the front desk clerk says "I can't guarantee there haven't been people smoking in there"). Well, there was definitely a reason.

When we first walked in we nearly passed out from the stench. It was horrible! The awful thing was that the windows wouldn't open (and the curtains were filthy) so all we could do was turn up our air and leave the door open for as long as possible - until the fly invasion. Our room was right off the parking lot so there wasn't much privacy in doing that anyway.

Getting past the stench, which would rank right up there with a decaying body, when we went to use the bathroom the toilet wouldn't flush. Hmm... Ok, we figured it out. Something that someone paying for a hotel/motel should never have to deal with. After the obvious problems we peeled off the bed spreads and blankets which we mostly always do because they are rarely ever washed, and they were just plain nasty. I got some blankets out of my car, and we went to sleep.

Everything about this place was gross. The remote felt like it had been soaked in grease prior to our arrival. The toilet was cleaner than the shower stall. The tiles were falling off the wall in the bathroom. The faucet basin was nasty. The freezer in the micro fridge was frozen over and appeared to have been for quite some time. Don't expect any complimentary shampoo or conditioner bottles and no hair dryer. We had to go buy our own tissues, shampoo and Oust spray to get the stench out and for a basic sanitization of the place. So much for saving on the cost of the room, huh?

Piece de resistance???? THE MAID SERVICE CALLED US IN THE MORNING TO ASK IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING!!! SERIOUSLY FOLKS!?!? DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Plenty of properties that HAVE to be better in this area. Ugh. One of the worst hotel/motel stays of my life. I'll never "bargain shop" for a hotel/motel room again!

Room Tip: Go to another motel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Mn
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I chose to stay at the Motel 6 because they had their rate posted on the sign visible from the freeway, and I wanted just a basic motel for the night. The receptionist was very nice and friendly. If a person isn't looking for anything more than a place to sleep, take a bath/shower, and watch tv, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo