“Absolute Dump - Stay Away”

Rodeway Inn Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Crawfordsville
New Philadelphia
“Absolute Dump - Stay Away”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We arrived late at 1:00 AM from traveling all day. We got into the room and noticed it had a slight smell. The temperature of the room was okay. We had taken off our shoes and had noticed the carpet was damp. When I got into the shower, I had black footprints come off on the bathtub floor from the dirt off the carpet. Following my shower I had walked about 5 feet into the sleeping area and lifted up my foot and found hair and various dirt particles on the bottom of my foot. I took a white wash cloth and wiped of my foot and the washcloth was black when I was done. We pulled back the sheets on the bed and found out the sheets were damp as well. Our pillows had stains on them that had showed through the pillow cases. I actually had to use my cologne to spray on the bed and throughout the room because the order was pretty strong. The night before I had stayed at another Quality Inn in another city and must say it was not much better. I always thought Quality Inn's were a pretty reputable hotel chain. All an can say is I will never stay at another one again. There is no quality to them at all. When we left the hotel we had noticed in the daylight that the paint from the hotel was peeling and chipping off of the building. I had not slept well that night for what I might be sleeping in or what bugs may be in the room as well. It was an absolute dump and the most disgusting place I have ever stayed at before. Take my advice and stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door. If we would have had the additional monies we would have.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Farmersburg, Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2013

So there are quite a few negative reviews on this place. The room we had was on the inside facing the pool. I was a little nervous about the noise but it wasn't too bad. Nobody was swimming after 9 though. The room was clean and about 75% updated. Most of the things that were not updated were cosmetic (wallpaper & wood furniture). The beds rocked! Great sheets and a plush top that usually isn't the norm in a $70 hotel. Our room was clean and the noise was minimal. There was even a wedding going on across the pool area. I agree the place does need a little face lift but it appears they are in the process of that. The free breakfast had the norm of waffles, cereal, etc, with the perk of sausage and eggs. We would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank crashinsatelite
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 May 2013

choice hotels shoud be embarrased that this hotel has there name on it. the shower was so bad i had to sponge bath in my sink. the toilet was so loose i felt like i was going to fall on the floor the outside of the building was falling apart i thouggt i was staying at a motel 6 they offered a breakfast too bad the restaurant didnt have any food and the wait staff was horrible the best thibg was the hot chocolate i ordered word to the wise stay as far away from this hotel as u can

Travellers are raving about these Crawfordsville hotels

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I meant to stay across the street at the Comfort Inn, but booked here accidentally. Opened the door to the room and it was really hot in there (too hot for comfort). I turned the wall mount t'stat off and went outside for a while. I came back 5 minutes later the the heater was still on. The wall mount stat is there for looks. There is a stat in the heater itself that regulates the heat, but it didn't work well either. Too hot or cold all night. Lots of dirt around the room. Shower head was stuck on pulse. The icing on the cake was when I got up in the morning, I had five welts on my back and hand where something had me for dinner that night. I was so hot I could spit nails. Thankfully I had Benedryl in my bag to stop the itching. The owner cut my bill in half, and they closed down my room and the rooms on each side of mine in their defense, but that was little solace. I definitely won't be back to that place.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not complimentary and all rooms are exterior rooms. Bring ear plugs for the noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This hotel should be dropped from the Quality Inn group, this hotel is at least 40 years old and looks like it has not been updated since it was built. Noisy pipes, damp carpets, exterior entries, and completely nasty rooms. Found old socks, hair pins, and hair in bathroom. DO NOT STAY HERE, COMPLETELY DISGUSTING!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wvtraveler11
Harbor Bluffs, Fl
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I rate this hotel 4 stars. Why? For the price, it is a terrific value. Certainly it is dated as it is the oldest flag appropiate hotel in Crawfordsville and its outlook for success is imperiled by the construction of several new hotels in the immediate area. In need of some basic TLC it still has great beds, clean, and has a restaurant. I will keep coming back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ogadoo
NM
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I don’t recommend this Quality Inn. My husband and I stayed there only one night and we were disappointed. A couple of small things: The motel did not appear to be full, but our reserved room was in the back of the building, which was a little creepy, as we arrived late at night. And the door to the room had wide gaps that allowed light in from the parking lot. The room itself was a little shopworn but clean and functional. Our main complaint is that no continental breakfast was provided as was promised in the literature. This is important to us and particularly on this trip because we did not have a car and were not within walking distance of a place where we might have purchased something small but nutritious (i.e., not from a gas station convenience store). The motel had a full-service restaurant, but we were not interested in a sit-down meal. We looked longingly at the Holiday Inn Express next door, wishing that we had spent a few extra bucks for a room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lapetitevoyageuse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordsville
Ramada Limited Crawfordsville
Best Western Plus Crawfordsville Hotel
Econo Lodge Lebanon
Econo Lodge Lebanon
#1 of 5 in Lebanon

Been to Rodeway Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!