“Very Convenient to Holiday World with best price for a budget” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Dale IN

Motel 6 Dale IN
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
“Very Convenient to Holiday World with best price for a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Prior to booking, I came across all these terrible reviews!! I was reluctant to book a reservation, however we were going to be at Holiday World for 2 days and wanted cheap rates, so we booked here. The reviews kind of stretch the truth. My only complaints are: the water pressure isn't great and the cable isn't great (but after long hours at Holiday World, whose gonna watch TV? We didn't!!) This hotel is literally 8 minutes from the Holiday World, AND you can get there on a back road rather than a busy highway with traffic!! So, take it from me: if you are spending a couple of days at Holiday World, and just need a place to sleep and shower, for a great price in a convenient location, stay here! ;-D

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank rdawnfields08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I called on Sunday and checked prices and was told 90 something and they were running a special for 20 percent off. Which would be around 70$. I than called around and got other rates around holiday world which were way higher than 70$. So I checked reviews on here and they all had about same reviews which was none were so great. So I called back on Monday at noon, and talked to Lee who said I should have got the room yesterday because there specials change at any given time. Ha, one day, and not a mention about tomorrow would be to late when I called Sunday. Needless to say they made up my mind where I wanted to stay which was next to holiday world at Santa lodge. I will let you know how that goes.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank special2me81
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

June 23, 2013. I turned down the sheets for my son and saw dozens of hairs (not ours). I looked at the sheets of the other bed.... BLOOD WAS ON THE SHEETS!!!! I tried calling the front office, but no answer. I went down to complain. Front desk clerk was nice and offered another room on same floor (2nd). I went to the room to inspect sheets.... HAIRS EVERYWHERE!!! I tried to get a room at another hotel near Holliday World, but no vacancies. I was then given another room on the 3rd floor. I requested the manager to come inspect the room with me. On the way to the room, manager informed me that a group of softball players were here the week before and trashed the rooms on the 2nd floor. He said maintenance helped the maids clean the rooms, and obviously did not have the same standards as reg. maids. I asked, "didn't clean the sheets???". Lee Young the manager said, "obviously not". He tells me the 3rd floor is not used as often, and he needs to shut the 2nd floor down to clean. We make it to room. Finally, clean sheets!!!! The manager did show me that to flush the toilet you have to hold handle down bc toilet didn't flush properly. Please save yourself the grief and book your reservations elsewhere!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chrisnkelley
Sesser, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

They had no free breakfast they had cold showers there was a rip in the carpet in one of the rooms there was no ac in the hallways we drove two in a half hours from where we live and when we got there they won't let us have our rooms that we reserved ONLINE saying we did PAY in advance there was no shampoo the beds were terrible the pillows wasn't good at all the lady behind the desk wasn't friendly what so ever they had alot of bugs in the window seal that should have been clean and there was also dirt and dust behind our TVS it looked like they haven't cleaned in about 4 months they have poor information on their website I won't be staying there again if my life depended on it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

2 hours for Internet access is a joke. No breakfast and coffee is only available in the morning at the lobby. The Internet help number I called sent me to a voicemail which only said no one was available to help me at this time. No shampoo in shower, only two small bars of soap. Tv had ten channels on it. Housekeeping gave us NO towels when they cleaned our room. Room was damp and smelled funny. Front desk staff were rude and acted like they were better than us. $90 a night is a joke for what you get. The only reason they charge this rate is because it's in season and close to Holiday World. Most of the good reviews here must have been written by motel 6 staff members or people who stayed here off season and got a better rate. Stay away from this dump whatever you do!

• Stayed June 2013
Grove City, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I came to visit with a few friends to visit Holiday World and found this hotel to be lacking.

1. The biggest Gripe - They give you a code to use the internet which is standard, but then they tell you it only will work for 2 hours and then you're done. That is Terrible, who uses the internet for 2 hours straight and then doesn't need it again the rest of their stay. Give us a break!
2. No lamps in the rooms.
3. No paper / pencil (Bring your own)
4. Just a bar of soap, no shampoo / no conditioner (Bring your own)
5. I think you only get like 13 channels on the TV
6. No breakfast - Coffee is available.
7. Shower is PUNY.... i's not a big person at all and had problems shifting around in that small shower.
8. Room was damp, and air conditioner hardly worked.

The room was clean, and bed was fine to sleep on.. at least that... the rest was lacking.

In Conclusion:
If they are going to give us less they should make us pay less. I don't want to pay the same prices as other hotels and be inconvenienced. If you're planning a trip, stay away, find something better in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dave D
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

At the time of our trip, this was the cheapest hotel within a 20 minute radius of Holiday World. That being said had this hotel been anywhere besides in the vicinity of an amusement park, it would have been overpriced. The hotel itself was very basic and the lobby and room extremely plain. The staff was also just ok, not rude but not friendly. Although the hotel was nothing special, it was a very easy drive from the park. We couldn't find much to eat around the hotel and actually ended up driving back to Santa Claus for pizza. Most important note I can offer is that this hotel is in a different time zone than Holiday World and Splashing Safari so be sure to take that into account of planning your day!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg
Holiday Inn Express Tell City

Been to Motel 6 Dale IN? Share your experiences!