“About what was expected”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dale

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

While the main floor seemed a little run down, our room on the floor was fine on visual inspection. Until a few days later when bed bug bites began to show. I understand that bed bugs do not indicate the cleanliness of an establishment, but I consider it unacceptable for them not to have dealt with the problem, given the previous review by Erran F on this site.

Also, walls are paper thin, and we could hear the people above stomping about at all hours. The side doors to the hotel were meant to be secure, but were never locked - even after we reported the issue.

The swimming pool did not look clean, and we were not tempted to take a dip. Breakfast was not appetizing - after the first morning, we decided to skip the included breakfast - other than a cup of tea or coffee, and the sealed packs of yoghurt.

On the up side - they are dog-friendly, and have lots of parking available.

But based on this experience, if you need to stay in this region of Indiana, I'd try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the side doors - as they close very noisily all through the night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darrel C
Mandy H, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thanks for writing a review. We take bed bugs seriously here at Baymont. We asked pest control to inspect the room upon reading your review. They did not find any bed bugs. The swimming pool's water is tested regularly and all levels are in line with Indiana Department of Environment Management. A copy of the water test will be available upon request. Sorry that you didn't find the breakfast appetizing. We have included sausage gravy, biscuits, scrambled eggs, french toast and waffles in our line up. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to contact me. My information is below. We sincerely apologizes for the experience you had.
Phone number: 812-937-7000
baymontinndale@gmail.com

Reviewed 25 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and I regret it.

I was in room 102 on the main floor, and the whole floor just has a dirty icky feeling to it. My shower had other people's hairs stuck to the wall, and there is just an overall dirty feeling.

Hot water is almost non-existent. In the shower, I had to run the water up to 15 minutes before I needed it. Sometimes the sink did not warm up at all - even after 15 minutes. The water saving shower head makes it unbearable to shower.

And then my favorite of all - BED BUGS. I am not certain what night, but I think on my last night I was stung on both of my arms. This is the worst I've ever been stung in my life - I hope I did not bring these insects home with me.

The staff was polite but not friendly and the included breakfast was edible but not tasty. On one of my first nights I was brave enough to try the pool - it was warm, but again it just felt dirty.

I would not stay here again if it was free. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Erran F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Comfort Inn Ferdinand
#1 of 1 in Rockport
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dale? Share your experiences!