“Dingy hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dale
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Beds uncomfortable. Breakfast meager. Too expensive, Staff was polite and responsive I saw two people leave when they heard price. I have paid the sane amount at some other hotels but received good quality. bummer this is probably a waste of time

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard K

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Was quoted a rate one day, called back the next and told I wasn't quoted that rate. I go ahead and reserve with higher rate. Get to the room and it was not the room I reserved. I reserved a 2 queen beds with pull out couch. I got a room with 2 queen beds--no couch. When I asked about it, they said those rooms have been taken for 2 weeks. But that is not what I had been told. I called a day or so in advance to our trip, and was told I was reserving a room with 2 queen beds and a couch. They did bring a roll away, but I already felt like they had been dishonest with me. They had been dishonest with the rate and now the type of room I had reserved. The final straw was I left my wall phone charger. Called the day we left and let them know. They said it wasn't there. I know it was there. They said they had a whole box of chargers that had been left and they would send me one. Received it in the mail. The charger they sent works but is very damaged. Someone took my good one and sent me a damaged one. Dishonesty again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bryan C
Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I spend over 150 nights a year in hotels around the world. I have visited over 20 countries and have stayed in all types of hotels, but the Baymont Inn and Suites in Dale Indiana has the worst water pressure I have ever experienced - even worse then California Hotels that are in the middle of a severe drought. The pressure was so weak I could barely wash my hair. The room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable, but the breakfast was very substandard. The floor was sticky in front of the serving area, the cups for juice looked like shot classes, the scrambled eggs were dry and there was no bacon or sausage. And to top it all off, the room was $132 a night!

I also loved the little note that was on the bathroom counter. See enclosed picture!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Holiday World. The rooms were nice and clean. The carpets and walls in the hallway looked like they could stand to be replaced; but personally if I had to choose one or the other, I'd rather have nice rooms than an updated hallway. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but we all found something to eat and fill us up.
Apparently the time zone changes right there so finding restaurants open proved to be a challenge. Fortunately there was a Denny's just up the street.
Next time we visit Holiday World, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Was nervous about stay based on other reviews. Turned out great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A/c worked great in room, but halls and elevator were a little warm. Breakfast wasn't good, in my opinion. But overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dale
Santa's Lodge
#1 of 1 in Rockport
13 mi away
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Jasper
Holiday Inn Express Tell City

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dale? Share your experiences!