Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
US$133
US$150
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindustrial areanon smokinglake michiganameristar casinolarge bathroomroom keyhotel is greatparking garagefront desk staffup to datenice stayjames bondgamblingslotsvaletdoormancomps
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I really enjoy my stay!!The room was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and professional ..the buffet was out of this world, all kinds of food for everyone . Casino was my favorite , I enjoy gambling and i had access to drinks. Casino was open 24/7 for my convention.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Demetrius M
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Ameristar is a beautiful place! My sisters and I love it here. Whether it's a long night of casino playing or an overnight stay, we really enjoy how nice, helpful and pleasant the staff are. We visits often and we will come again. By far this is the best casino/ hotel ever! Believe me, visiting here you will have a blast!!

Room Tip: Higher floor has an excellent view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank loish39060
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thanks for visiting often and for posting your review! I'm glad you and your sisters have a blast when you're here. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I've. Been staying at ameristar for many years it is truely the best, i will continue to go there as long as they let me.they will not let you down the rooms are perfect the beds are so comfy everyone is friendly some know me by name that's how often i visit there are six different places to eat at you can't. go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank expressaj

To hear you've never had a bad experience is truly rewarding. Thank you so much for being our guest and for sharing your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

we have stayed at this hotel a few times. The hotel is awesome, the lobby is very nice and first impressions are great, the rooms are large and everyone from check in to the room cleaners are super friendly. The restaurants are good from hot dogs and pizza to the Italian. Our one complaint would be at the bars inside the casino they don't let you run a tab or charge your room so if you don't have cash on you, you have to use your credit card every time which seem pointless if you've given them a card for incidentals when you check in.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed staying and dining with us. We really appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to pass it along. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were very impressed with the quality of this hotel from the minute we crossed the threshold. After taking advantage of the free valet parking, we entered a shining modern lobby. Check-in was quick and friendly, and access to the casino and amenities is easy. We had a semi lake-view room, a double-queen with smoking privileges. Surprisingly, for a smoking room, there was no lingering odor. The room was clean, inviting and functional. Free WiFi was a welcome asset. The flat panel TV was a bit strange, with the actual channels received not reflected in the welcoming channel guide on-screen. The bathroom was roomy, with both a stall glass-encased shower and a large tub. Our room had a dorm-sized fridge, and a safe. The furniture and the beds were very comfortable, although they have fallen for those strange square pillows, which I find nearly useless and annoying. Check-out was easy, but not as easy as most hotels these days, with a drop box in the lobby for your keys. How about offering in-room checkout? Just a thought. Over all we will definitely be back to enjoy this little oasis in the land of steel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher up and lake side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank misemici
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

I'm glad you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being our guest and we look forward to your return!