“Best Hotel in the area”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Chicago
Highland, Indiana
“Best Hotel in the area”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is not only the best casino hotel in the area but the best hotel in the area. The rooms are always clean and the beds are super comfortable. There is a huge soaking tub to get lost in for hours. The staff is friendly and willing to get whatever you need to make your stay comfortable (within reason, of course). I feel very safe in this hotel and casino even when traveling alone. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dearborn Heights, MI
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is a great place with upgraded room and good food. The staff is usually friendly and always acknowledge and smile. There was a glitch with check in this time, the person was rather rude and actually walked away and let a co worker finish check in without saying a word. The bellman can be rather pushy, otherwise great place and generous comps

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
I'm so sorry to hear this. Your feedback certainly does not match the quality experience we want our guests to have while staying with us. We would like to follow up with you. If you send your contact information and details of your visit to Guest.Services@pnkmail.com, I will forward to the hotel management team for quality assurance training. Thank you for staying with us and we sure do look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I love staying here! I mostly come for the room, but sometimes play in the casino. Every time I come here I feel like I am rich! From the king sized beds to the modern upgrades in the rooms, it is always perfect and the staff always treat you so nice. If you need somewhere to escape, this is the place! They even have great views of Lake Michigan!

• Stayed January 2014
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stay'd here many times and I absolutely LOVE the place. I believe they only have two smoking floors, 11 & 12. And the top floor 15 (high rollers and VIP reserved floor) I think is optional. I NEVER smell smoke when first entering a smoking room. They always smell fresh to me. The rooms are always VERY clean and well appointed. The picture reviews on this page truly do this property justice! Only CONS are the past few visits the wi-fi signal has been very weak and I depend on said for business connections when I am there. The other is that generally one HAS to book early as this place fills up FAST most of the time.

The food at the Buffet is EXCELLENT as far as I'm concerned. Well prepared, very tasty, and Beautifully Presented. They do not try to wow you w/ expensive cuts of meat or Flamboyant Over-the-Top Dishes that though might be "pretty" - never seem to taste right in a buffet setting. Instead they have GOOD, HARDY, TASTY food that makes you want to come back for more! Price? that is very reasonable too!

Casino? --
perhaps it is a little tighter than the other nearby local properties. But I win there enough to keep me playing there! And for the beautiful experience of staying and eating here, I do not mind giving them a little play.

Location? --
A little hard to get to until one learns their way around this heavily industrialized area of Lake Michigan.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thanks for being our guest and for sharing your experiences. We're so glad you enjoy your time at Ameristar and I'll definitely forward your compliments along to our staff. We look forward to your next visit.
NW Indiana
Reviewed 8 January 2014

When winter weather shut down the interstates, travelers sought refuge and overbooked the local hotels. I had never thought of staying at a casino hotel before, but they were one of a few who had vacancies due to guests being unable to travel there. Parking and check-in was quick and without any problems, and my room was large and nicely appointed! The attention to housekeeping was superb, there weren't even any waterspots on the shower! The linens were clean and fresh. Temperature controls were within easy reach and reacted quickly to setting changes. (While I experienced no problems, one of the advantages of a casino hotel is that maintenance staff are available 24/7/365, whereas other hotels would have to wait to call an HVAC repairman.) While I did not gamble during my stay, I did walk around the casino, and noticed how clean it was and that the staff were pleasant and friendly.) I stayed long enough to eat 3 meals at the buffet and agree that it compares to anything I've had in Las Vegas. Wi-Fi connected effortlessly and was fast. Check-out was also effortless. All told, this was one of the best hotels that I've ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Rooms that face to the southeast have a nice view, rooms facing northwest overlook the marina and a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank hoosierhobbies
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest! I’m glad you had a great time and I’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to our housekeeping team. We appreciate you posting your review and hope you can visit again soon!
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this casino hotel. I was very frustrated in that we arrived at 4 p.m. check in time, got all the way to our room only to realize it was non-smoking. Back down to desk only to be told there were no clean smoking rooms that we would have to wait. So we checked our luggage with the bell boy. We returned 45 mins later and got our room, however the bell boy was not around. We had security page him but still took time. This just started our first visit off on the wrong foot. I have to say that our room was top notch and gorgeous. Every person at the front desk was very kind. I just felt like it was unfair to us to not have a room available until 5:30 p.m., we paid good money for this room as it was our first time to the casino.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank peace1126
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Recently, visited the Ameristar Casino invited by a relative who is a regular. I had to write a review on their great buffet. Our party goes regularly, and is always telling us that it is the best in the area. Well, I can say we were very pleased with everything and I would compare it to the better buffets in Las Vegas. Prices are reasonable and everything was clean and tidy. The selections were fresh and a nice variety available. Distance from where we live is a bit far, but if you are near there or passing nearby, check it out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sandra n
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Chicago
Near North Side
The Langham, Chicago
The Langham, Chicago
#2 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago? Share your experiences!