“AWESOME TIME, GOOD GAMBLING, FOOD, MUSIC AND HOTEL IS FANTASTIC!”

Ameristar Casino East Chicago
Gary, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AWESOME TIME, GOOD GAMBLING, FOOD, MUSIC AND HOTEL IS FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

A MUST STAY, SEE, EAT AND GAMBLE!! ROOMS are out of site, FOOD at every restaurant is AWESOME, GAMBLING is ok!! Use to give more money/wins but not anymore but who knows you MIGHT GET LUCKY!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Uncledave31

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Slot machines are TIGHT”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I played a lot of the slot machines at Ameristar and they are horribly tight. One machine I played I had gotten over 200 free spins. Yes, over 200 and this was on maximum bet. Do you know what those spins paid me? 295 dollars. I'm betting $3.00. I had triggered the 200 free spins at a different casino about 10 months ago and won almost 4,000.00. What does that tell you? I visited Ameristar about 5-6 months before that and the machines just kept sucking up my money. I only decided to go because my mother wanted to try. Even she said, "I won't be back here!" If you want to go to a casino where you may actually win, go down the road because there are other casinos in both directions.

13 Thank Isabella B
East Chicago, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“best buffett”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The buffet always has good food and the service is excellent. The casino and the hotel a both very clean and convenient to each other

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Valda L
Williamsport, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Everything in one place”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Casino is clean and well maintained. I personally have never won but I have seen others near me win so it must be possible. The casino staff is helpful and kind. There is a non smoking floor for those that dont like to puff.

As with most other casinos it seems most problems are created by other players taking up more than one machine, cutting in line or being rude. Nothing I know of that will make that better. While we didnt win, we did have a great time, free pop, tea and coffee and lots of nice people.

Attached to the casino is the HERITAGE BUFFET make sure you are hungry because the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

If you can get a room the stay in the hotel is very nice. Great rooms, beds and pillows that beg you to sleep in, good tv, internet. Our rooms had a microwave and fridge. Ice machines are on every other floor.

James was our Doorman and he is THE BEST. He knows all and tells all!!!

If you are looking to just spend a couple quiet days in one place with great food, great room and something to do Ameristar does it right!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jim G
Schererville, Indiana
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Tight Machines”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The location and scenery are not great. The casino is very clean and the staff is very nice. The poker machines are very tight. It's a nice place to get away for a couple hours.

Visited September 2013