“Girls Weekend”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was a perfect location we were right next to the Outlet center which we always shop at our first day and then we spend the next day in Brown County and that was only a short distance from the hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hgi E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

You are right! The Edinburgh area is a girls dream. Great shopping at the Outlet mall and then 20 mins away from Little Nashville. Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stay here often. My husband is working in Columbus and this place has been perfect for him when he is alone and great when I travel with him. We usually get a suite when we are together and it gives us lots of room - not tripping over each other and having our own space is wonderful. When he is alone he has a favorite room and they do their best to make sure he gets that room when he is in town.

The staff (all of them) are some of the best we have experienced. Always pleasant, always willing to help out, and go out of their way to make you feel at home. We both love the breakfast - made to order or off of the breakfast bar. We have done both. The wait-staff in the mornings are a joy to be with and to talk to. They always have a smile and some conversation for us.

My only complaint is not about the hotel or the staff. It is about some of the guests, especially the Cummin's employees that are in town. I can not believe how rude these men can be. I hear then barking at the wait-staff, pushing staff out of their way to get to the breakfast bar (wait-staff were trying to fill empty trays). One man was actually talking to another Cummins employee behind me and I had to turn around to ask him to stop yelling (this is NOT your office or meeting room). i know the staff is not permitted to do anything about this. So I am writing this part in the hopes that the Cummin's employees will read it and remember that they are guests at the hotel along with people that are from out of town. This leaves me wondering about the image that Cummins wants outsiders to have of them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hgi E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I first would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I also want to thank you for your compassion and appreciation of our staff. Our staff do work very hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience. As always It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very comforatable hotel room for weary travelers. Receptionist on phone was very friendly and room was waiting for us as we checked in. A cut above the average highway hotel. Close to a Ruby Tuesdays and Cracker Barrel restaurants. Easy on/easy off the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much Bonnie for sharing you experience with other travelers. I am not sure how much "a cut" is but I am thinking it must be pretty substantial. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. Hope you will stop in during your next visit to the area. As always, it was a great pleasure having you.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Upon arrival I asked to upgrade my room and the front desk was helpful in doing so, at the late hour of arrival. We were placed in a second floor room above the pool, The room had a strong odor of chlorine so we asked to be moved and were immediately placed on the 4th floor. From that point on everything was fine. The lobby restaurant is a very nice convenience. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner both days at the facility even though there are near by chain restaurants. The adjustable mattresses are also a nice feature as my spouse and I like a firm mattress.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor rooms above the pool. (chlorine odor) Approx. rooms 202-208.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay on tripadvisor. I have to tell you fall weekends are long gone as I am looking at the snow all around. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to the area and alll of the amenities that the hotel has to offer. I would like to thank you for dining at the Garden Grille and Bar as well. Hilton Garden Inn has put a lot of time and effort over the past year in making our resturant a more enjoyable experience. As always, it was a great pleasure having you and we will hope to see you on your return visit.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We love staying at the Hilton. We like taking short trips and staying in nice hotels. The Hilton is great and we love staying there. Its close to the Mall so we can shop and also take in the Antique Mall.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

You said it! Our hotel is perfect for short trips or just a weekend getaway. Our hotel offers several packages paticular to surrounding attractions. You can check these out by visiting us at www.HGI.com. We hope to see you on your next adventure and be sure to check out those packages to save some money.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hotel is clean, quiet, with all the things you need while traveling. Shopping and several restaurants adjacent to hotel. Hotel is located near interstate. This is the second time we have selected this hotel when staying in this area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hgi E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

I first want to thank you for taking the time to rate your stay on tripadvisor. I also would like to give you my personal thanks for staying with our hotel on your return visit. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time while in the area. We will hope to see you during your next visit and as always it was a great pleasure having you.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I did not stay at this hotel as i usually stay at another one in the area. A friend who lives in the area meets me for dinner when I am in town and we usually dine at one of the sit down chain restaurants. She suggested that we meet at the restaurant in the Hilton Garden Inn for a change of venue. I did not know there was a restaurant at this hotel so I was game. We enjoyed a nice dinner in this upscale atmosphere. It was in the middle of the week so the restaurant was not busy at all. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. We never felt rushed. I enjoyed a wonderful pesto crusted salmon on a bed on linguini, Caesar salad and broccoli. It was excellent! We enjoyed a nice long visit and enjoyed our time here. Add a great dessert and my bill was under $20.00! It was nice to have another dinner option besides the chains. I will certainly return on my next trip....and maybe even stay overnight!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hgi E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Great American Grill on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I agree that it is priced very well and you are able to have non traditional foods that you see with the chain establishments. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we do hope to see you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#5 of 9 in Columbus

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh? Share your experiences!