“One of the best . .”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“One of the best . .”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is an excellent example of what every HIE should strive to be! Very comfortable, latest furnishings and bedding, very accommodating staff . . . particularly Wanda and the excellent complimentary breakfast choices.
Carole G.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Carole G,

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience here at our new award-winning hotel! I showed this review to Wanda today and wanted to let you know that she remembered your conversation and wishes you well traveling home!

We all have been blessed in the past year and a half to have shared such warm and memorable experiences with our guests, and we look forward to many more.

All The Best,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
indiana
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Wow!
What a hotel! You do not feel like you are staying at a Holiday Inn Express. This place is more like a 5 star downtown Indianapolis hotel.
The decor is beautiful. The dining area is one of the best I have seen in this chain.
The management and staff truely care about their guests.
It is right by a great outlet mall and so convenient for a weekend of shopping!
I will be staying here again and again!

• Stayed November 2013
GeneralManager H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
lafawnduh50,

Thank you for reviewing your experience here with us! We are constantly striving to be the standard-bearing hotel in our brand. We think our modern design and caring staff sets us apart and ensures that our guests consistently get the best Holiday inn Express has ever offered.

Warm Regards,

Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I wanted to stay at this hotel a while back this year but due to travel changes I stayed in Indy. I am gald I got to stay here this time. What a hotel and better yet, the front desk staff was amazing! I did not check in until 9 PM. The young lady that checked me in was so nice and helpful. I was recognized several times as a platinum member. My key and forms were ready upon arrival. I was instructed/informed about internet, wake up calls, etc. I was also upgraded. ( We all like when that happens right? ) But the part that struck me as outstanding service was the youn lady that checked me in was bout to go home for the night, she informed me as well as write it down as to what the person's name was that was taking over once she left! WOW! That has never happened in all my stays at any HIE. You may see this as small but I think it is exceptional customer service. I felt very welcomed.

As for the room, what can I say bad about it. As I stated, I tried to find something. OK, if I have ANYthing to remotely complain about it would be that the water pressure or time to fill up the enormous jacuzzi tub was a bit long and the iron in the room did not meet my spoiled expectations. If anyone from the hotel reads this, in no way should you take this as a complaint. If you have read my reviews, I am rather spoiled. No big deal. As for the water, I watched the enormous TV that was in the suite living room area. All is good.

I felt very comfortable in the room. It was very quiet. I felt like I was the only person on the floor. The bed was very comfortable.

Another big plus for me is that this room ( I can not speak for any other rooms as this is my first stay but I believe they all have these ) has all the amenities that a business person requires. Hookups everywhere. Under the TV were all kinds of hookups including USB. There are outlets on both sides of the bed as well as reading lights. You can tell this hotel did their research.

On this trip I did not use the fitness center nor eat breakfast there but I did check them out. It appears to be very nice.

I will definitely stay here again as well as tell my colleagues.

Room Tip: From what I have seen, all the rooms here are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Woodrow W,

We are pleased to hear that even to your discriminating eye we still exceeded your expectations! Our modern, tech-friendly design and our award winning staff are the secrets to our success, and the reasons we were awarded the IHG Newcomer Award for 2013.

It is one of our goals to create a guest experience that is unlike any other Holiday Inn Express, and we are constantly striving to be the absolute best hotel in the country.

Best Regards,

Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our favorite hotel out of the 4 we stayed at this trip. Rooms were huge and well appointed. The whole hotel was beautiful and clean. Staff was great, breakfast very nice. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Laurie S,

Thank you so much for reviewing our new award-winning Holiday Inn Express. We are so happy that your experience here with us would make you "highly recommend" or hotel! Our hotel was designed with the modern business and leisure traveler in mind, and our top-rated staff has a heart for genuine service. We think that heartfelt service, cleanliness, and our technology-friendly design is why we are one of the highest rated hotels in the country right now.

We look forward to having you here again very soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel was excellent. The rooms were roomy and the beds were very comfortable. The service was excellent and the morning breakfast was well prepared and displayed. Will stay again upon our return to the area. Short walking distance to Max & Ermas and Outlet mall was no more than 100 yards away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManager H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Scoutingreport,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so pleased that your experience with us would make you want to come again. Our staff really has a heart for service, and I am happy that your experience here shows that. We look forward to having you here again.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here to attend a game at IU. it is about 20 minutes or less to the campus. This is a brand new hotel. It is nice and clean and had a hot breakfast including scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. The mattress was not a foam top so it was not great. It had a refrigerator and microwave. Also a TV in the lobby so my husband could watch the game while I slept. An indoor pool and exercise room.

Room Tip: Don't go to the steakhouse next to the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our new property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to the Columbus/Edinburgh area.
T.C., CA
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a nice property- new and clean with modern decor. The rooms are really well appointed with lots of electric outlets every where and a TV that you can navigate without delay. Criticism would be: hard surfaces throughout common areas make for very noisy spaces that sometimes make it difficult to hear the person in front of you speaking; also the coffee at this hotel is not very good. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn just across the street which has EXCELLENT coffee- one of the things I look forward to in the morning is a good cup of coffee and this hotel fell very short on that. I stayed 4 nites so I'm sure the coffee is always the same. The b'fast overall is similar to Hampton Inn. I prefer the cozy ambiance of the Hampton Inn so next time I visit the area if the Hampton is renovated I'll likely stay there.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor right next to the elevator- super quiet - never heard the elevator and seldo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
GeneralManager H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
MoJo82,

Thank you for taking the time to review our new property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. Please be assured that we take every suggestion to heart and use them to constantly improve our guest experience. Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to the Columbus/Edinburgh area.

Warm Regards,

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh? Share your experiences!