“Excellant place to stay”

Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I actually chose this because of trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. The staff and management were the most friendly and helpful I have ever met. They helped us with all our questions about the area.

• Stayed: November 2013
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Kelly C,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the super and generous review you recently posted about your stay at our beautiful and guest service orientated Hotel! We recommend to all our guests and to traveler’s as a WHOLE to use TripAdvisor when traveling to any Hotel! We are very proud of our reputation and take great pride in making all our valued and appreciated guests feel at home! In my humble opinion we have the most dedicated and efficient housekeeping staff in the Hotel industry. Our Front Desk staff is the VERY BEST I have every worked with. I am a proud and grateful General Manager because I have a staff that understands and genuinely cares about our guests! I will pass on to the entire staff your praise and comments! We will continue to offer and extend to every guest that comes through our doors the VERY best of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities and Overall Room and Hotel cleanliness that GOES un-matched anywhere. That is my personal pledge to you & every future guest! Once again on behalf of a Proud, Caring & Guest Service Orientated staff, THANK you. And please do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation. :)

In The True Spirit of Hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We thought we made a reservation for this hotel through the reservation 800 number earlier in the day. After a very long tiring day of driving we arrived to find out the reservation people had a room for us 15 miles away at a Clarion Hotel! I was ready to cry. The two desk clerks were wonderful. They very graciously called and cancelled our reservation at the Clarion (it was way past cancellation time) gave us a room with The Comfort Inn. We were so relieved and we were just in time for the managers welcome reception. There were cocktails, juices, sodas, cheese & crackers, fruit, pretzels and chips & dip. What more could weary travelers ask for? They had very comfortable beds and the most wonderful breakfast. We will most definitely stay there again even if we have to go out of our way. It is worth it to get high quality service!!!

Room Tip: We actually got the last room they had and it was great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Judi B,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the outstanding & gracious review you recently posted about your stay at our Hotel!! To start of with, it gives me great pleasure to hear that my staff (Lindsey & Linda) Guest Service Agent & Bar Attendant were so helpful and accommodating when you arrived at our Hotel! I am so grateful and proud of my ENTIRE STAFF, as everyone of them understands and appreciates our most valued guests! It is more than “just a job” to me and my staff! We strive and hope that all of our guests when coming through our doors feel that higher level of Guest Service! It also pleases us to hear that you got to enjoy the awesome & large Manager’s reception we had for you! Did you notice that there were two different kinds of pillows on your bed? I am so proud & excited to announce that we have up-graded our pillows too… Soft and firm with the brand new Choice Hotels “Truly Yours” look coming very soon to our Hotel! We will continue to offer & extend to every single guest that walks through our doors, the very best of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities & Overall Room & Hotel cleanliness that goes UN-MATCHED any where! That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest! Once again Judi B, on behalf of a Devoted, Proud & Guest Service orientated staff THANK YOU. And please do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation! :)

In The True Spirit of Hospitality,

General Manger

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I were there for a short getaway to do a little shopping for a day. We stayed overnight and found this hotel to be close to the outlet center and also places to dine as well. Staff were helpfully and friendly! They also had a guests get together which found to be great! I will stay again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: we had a Whirlpool-In Bath room which I liked very much.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Kennred,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the splendid and awesome 5 star review you recently posted about your stay at our Hotel! Yes I totally agree with you, our staff in my humbled opinion, is the most friendliest and caring in the Hotel Industry! We care about every need and want our most appreciated guests may have when traveling to our beautiful Hotel! Being a short walk to the Edinburgh Premium Outlet Mall is always beneficial to our loyal and valued guests! I will pass along to our Staff your praise, as they enjoy hearing that one of our guests enjoyed and took notice of the superior hospitality that offer and extend to our guests! We have also in my humbled opinion the most dedicated and efficient Housekeeping staff, and they have extremely high standards they work by as well! We will continue to offer and extend to every single guest that walks through our doors the very best of Guests service, Outstanding Amenities, & Overall Room & Hotel cleanliness that goes un-matched any where! That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest! Once again Kennred on behalf of a devoted, loyal and Guest service orientated staff, THANK YOU!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn in Edinburgh, Indiana. I loved every bit of this hotel. The lobby, breakfast area, pool area, and hotel room were smartly designed and the decor is impeccable. Breakfast was really good too! They had a lot of choices for breakfast which meant everyone could have something and be satisfied. The beds were extremely comfortable.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay and will be back to stay whenever I am in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Jenny S,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the phenomenal & excellent 5 star review you recently posted about your stay at our Beautiful and Guest Service Orientated Hotel!! We quite agree that our beautiful and welcoming lobby is always a guest favorite, it also pleases us knowing you appreciate & enjoy the hotels décor, which the staff is very very proud of! I am also glad that you enjoyed the large complimentary breakfast we provided you. And yes we have a large variety of breakfast items that suites and pleases every member of the “family”! To let you and every future guest know, we are up-grading all of our bedding to our all-ready super comfortable beds!! The design and “Comfort” of the new look I am quite sure and optimistic our guests will appreciate and enjoy! We will continue to offer & extend to every guest & future guest the very best of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities & Overall Room & Hotel cleanliness that goes un-matched anywhere. That is my personal pledge to you & every future guest. Once again Jenny S on behalf of a Proud, Devoted & Guest Service Orientated staff, THANK YOU! And please do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation! :)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I just spent last Thursday night at this motel after a day of shopping at the outlet mall. This motel is the closest to the outlet so it's an easy walk to get to the stores. Check was very easy and the lady at the deck was super friendly and told us about the manager's reception, which we didn't get back in time for, breakfast hours and discounts at some of the local places to eat. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfy but the pillows were a little lumpy. Although the motel wasn't full, there was only 1 time when I heard any noise from the other guest. Otherwise we had a nice quiet night. I will say that we had stayed at this motel when it was the Holiday Inn Express and I think the atmosphere is much friendlier with the Comfort Inn. We will definately stay at this motel again on our next outlet mall shopping trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bataylor,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the gracious & appreciated review you recently posted about your stay at our Beautiful and Guest Service orientated Hotel!! We are so pleased that you took notice of the superior guest service we provided you and your husband. The entire staff from the GM down greatly appreciates and values every single guest that walks through our doors, and we strive and hope that when a guest does walk through our doors they feel that higher level of care and guest service! In addition I am excited to here that our Guest Service Agent was welcoming and hospitable, after all you and all of our guests are the very reason we come to work every day! I will pass on to the Housekeeping staff your praise about how clean and maintained our rooms were for you. As they have extremely high standards they work by! Next time I hope you do get to enjoy the Managers Reception, and also we are glad you took advantage of the many discounts we have set up for you & all of our guests! The Hotel is in an ideal location being a short walk from the Edinburgh Premium Outlet Mall! We will continue to offer and extend to our guests the very best of Guest Service, Outstanding Amenities & Overall Hotel &Room Cleanliness that goes un-matched anywhere. That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest! Once again on behalf of a devoted, caring & Guest orientated staff THANK YOU! And please do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation! :)

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for our family's annual trip to the "Exit 76 Antique Mall". People were friendly and the property was very nice. Great value! Located next to the antique mall and the outlet mall (how fun is that!).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AngTnVols
Robert D L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear AngTnVols,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the phenomenal review you gave our Hotel! It is especially rewarding, receiving a 5-star review from a Senior Contributor!! The Hotel is perfectly located being next door to the Edinburgh Premium Outlet Mall and of course the Antique Mall! Our guests appreciate the proximity the hotel is to all that SHOPPING!! The entire staff from the GM down greatly appreciates and values every single guest that walks through our doors! We have the highest standards when it comes to our guests rooms and of course the Hotel. We have in my opinion the most dedicated, hardest working and guest service orientated staff in the Hotel Industry! It is our mission and GOAL to have every guest return back to stay with us many, many times over! We will continue to offer and extend to every guest the VERY BEST of amenities, overall room & hotel cleanliness and guest service that goes un-matched anywhere! That is my personal pledge to you and every future guest! Once again AngTnVols, on behalf of a Proud, Devoted and Hospitable Staff, thank you! And PLEASE do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation!! :)

In the True Spirit of Hospitality

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We selected this town because it was about half way home. This hotel is an easy stop off the I 65 interstate. Because we called late we had to take a more expensive handicapped room.
The desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean, the bathroom large and the bed was comfortable. This hotel did not use duvet covers which I prefer because they at least make you feel that it is cleaner.
The breakfast was fresh and adequate.
The only odd thing is that they charged us an additional $6.00 for they second person...that has never happened to me before.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Katy G

Dear Katy G,

On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn Columbus/Edinburgh staff, I would like to thank you for the awesome review you recently posted about your stay at our Hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed the amenities we provided you! We have in my humbled opinion the MOST efficient, hardworking and dedicated housekeeping and maintenance staff in the Hotel Industry! From the General Manager down we strive to give our guests the very best of Guest Service that goes un-matched any where! Our staff thoroughly understands and appreciates what our guests mean to our Hotel! Please accept my apology about the 2nd person “room charge”. I invite this guest to email or “private message” me so we may go over it thoroughly together! We will continue to offer and extend to every single guest that walks through our doors the VERY best of Guest Service, Amenities and OVERALL Room and Hotel cleanliness that goes un-matched anywhere. That is my pledge to you and every future Guest! Once again Katy G on behalf of a Proud, Devoted and Guest Service Orientated staff, THANK YOU! And PLEASE do not hesitate giving us here at the Hotel a call to make that next reservation!! :)

Robert D Lasley II

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Columbus Hotel
Columbus Hotel
#3 of 9 in Columbus
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside

Been to Comfort Inn Columbus / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!