“Great hotel. Excellent value”

Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Hampton Inn in edinburgh was better than I expected. Large room, large bath tub, an A/C unit that didn't irritate me. Helpful staff, good breakfast, plenty of parking. Really nothing negative at all. Wish all hotel stays were this nice. This hotel was a bargain.

1  Thank Dennis W
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Dennis W,
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Edinburgh and that you feel that you received a great value for the money you paid. We strive for excellence with every guest every time, and I'm certainly glad that we met that goal during your stay. I understand that a lot of hotels A/C units can be beyond annoying, and here we pay extra special attention to the units to keep them in good working order and ensure that they do not become annoying. Once again, I'm happy to hear that your unit was satisfactory and in good, working, non-annoying order. We hope to see you again in the future at this property, and if you ever need anything at all when in town or elsewhere, please just let us know! Happy future traveling!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

As Hamptons go, this one shows its age. The carpet in the room was spotty...recently cleaned or dirty??? Desk personnel were terrific. So nice to be welcomed into their 'Home.' We missed the warm, fresh cookies, but were given a couple of chocolate bars complimentary. Thanks for all the thoughtfulness.

Room Tip: Had some satisfaction guaranteed problems. The Internet was not working, except intermittently, for...
1  Thank Kathleen W

Dear Kathleen W.,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I understand that your time is valuable and we appreciate it anytime that we can be made aware of opportunities for improvement. I apologize for your less than perfect stay and the problems you encountered with the internet. I believe my staff and myself personally made every effort we could to get the issues resolved for you, but some devices just can not function with our Wi-Fi for some reason or another. We have credited your stay and contacted you via e-mail and hope that we have resolved these matters to your satisfaction. Once again, I am terribly sorry for the issues during your stay, and I hope that maybe in the future you will give us another chance to WOW you with our Hamptonality. If there is ever anything myself or my staff can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to get in contact with us. I wish you the best in your future travels and happy hoteling!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a typical Hampton Inn, which means that it offers clean rooms, free breakfasts, helpful staff, and a pleasant atmosphere, all at a reasonable price. What is distinctive about this property is its location adjacent to a large outlet mall and a 10-minute drive from the city of Columbus, IN, which is one of the nation's centers of modern architecture. (The gorgeous churches, library, schools and office buildings are best seen using the brochure from the visitors center downtown.) The only drawback is that all of the places to eat located within walking distance of the hotel were pretty ordinary examples of casual dining chain restaurants, so anyone wanting something else would want to drive into Columbus.

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the parking lot so the only difference was that those farthest from the elev...
1  Thank ncmoose99
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear ncmoose99,
I am more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Edinburgh. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel with the rest of the TripAdvisor community. We do provide a great location for everything to do in the Columbus/Edinburgh area, and we are certainly happy that you choose us when you were in the area. We hope to see you again in the future and provide you with a great breakfast, clean room, and excellence in service. If you need sugestions on anything else to do in the area whle you are here, our staff is very knowledgeable and more than willing to inform you about great things to do, places to eat, etc. If you ever need anything at all in the future, please reach out to myself or my staff. Thank you again for staying with us and taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hampton was very clean, the staff accomodating, and the amenities were exactly what my daughter and I were looking for during the trip. We were in town for a soccer tournament and there were other teams at the hotel but all guests signed a noise ordinance so there were no dissruptions. The lobby easily provided congregation space away from the guest rooms. The bonus was being within walking distance of restaurants and shops!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Lainie C,

Thank you very much for taking time out to give our hotel such a splendid review. It's guests like yourself that keep us in business by allowing us to have the pleasure of serving you. We strive for perfection with every guest everytime and I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having all of the teams, and I'm glad you understood the signing of the noise ordinance, it provides a nice place for everyone to be. If you are ever back in town for a soccer tournament or any other reason at all, we hope to have the privliage of serving you again. Should you ever need anything when you are in town, or with future travels else where that you need assistance with, please let myself or my team know, as we are here to serve you! I wish you the absolute best in your future travels, and thank you again for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Taylorsville/Edinburgh!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Definitely worth the price. A great value. The breakfast was really good. They even have to-go bags ready at the lobby desk if you don't have time to sit and eat. They provide two free drink tickets to use at the lobby from Mon-Thurs between 6 and 8pm. Great location. A number of nearby restaurants to choose from. And if you're there for business, they have a little computer area that's really convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Melissa W,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and evening reception. We provide the to-go bags in the morning as we know everyone does not have time to sit and eat, and no one needs to start their day on an empty stomach! Hopefully we will have a chance to serve you again in the future, and thank you from all of the staff here at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Edinburgh for taking the time to write such a nice review! Should you ever need anything at all in the future, please just let us know! Hope you have wonderful future travels here and where ever your travels may take you!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room was super clean and the lobby and dining room beautiful decor--breakfast--great selection and super clean and neat-- pool and pool area very nice--would definitely stay at this site again! Very close to the Premium Outlet Mall-really within walking distance--close to Nashville, Indiana and Brown County with it's quaint gift shops-motel easy to find directly off I-65.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Valerie H,
First and foremost thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. It seems that you had an excellent stay, and that is what we strive for with every guest, everytime. We just recently remodeled the lobby, pool, and pool area prior to your stay, and I'm very glad that you enjoyed the improvements that we have made. Thank you also for choosing our hotel for your overnight accomodations. You have many choices when traveling and I'm very pleased that you decided to stay at our property, and had a great stay. If you are ever in the area again we would absolutely love to have you as our guest again. Thank you again for your time to write such a positive review, and if there is ever anything myself or my staff can do for in the future, please just let us know! Have a wonderful day, and wonderful future travels!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had planned a shopping weekend and chose Eidenburgh. We often stay with Hampton Inn for their comfortable beds. We were disappointed that this location does not have the comfortable mattresses we are accustom to having at a Hampton Inn.

We requested a quiet location, due to being light sleepers, but we were placed right next to the stairway. We did not realize it would be such an issue until we heard stomping up and down the steps all night. The air conditioning fan would not stay on for a constant white noise effect, but went off and on all night. We were not able to get any sleep during our stay.

The carpet was well worn and there was a hole in the sofa arm. On an up note, the complementary hot breakfast was very good, well stocked and there was plenty of seating available.

It is unlikely we will stay at this location again as there are several locations within walking distance to shopping. About 15 minutes away is a nice little town, Nashville, IN. There are many bed & breakfasts, unique shopping & boutiques as well as restaurants. It would be worth the drive to stay in Nashville and drive to Eidenburgh Outlet Mall.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Two-Touring-The-US,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your travels to let the TripAdvisor community know about your stay here at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Edinburgh. First and foremost, I apologize for your less than perfect stay. We work very hard to provide clean, comfortable accomodations for every guest, and I'm very sorry that this did not occur during your time with us. I appreciate you bringing the issues you had to our attention, and I have personally addressed the matters, and shared your feedback with my staff. I would like you to know for future reference though, that we are undergoing a complete renovation of all of our guest rooms in the near future, and some of the wear and tear issues will definitely be corrected. I hope that maybe sometime you will join us again to see all of the marvelous improvements that we have made, and give us another chance to give you a perfect stay. If there is anything you could not think of at the time of this review that you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or my staff at anytime. Also, if there is anything at all I can do to serve your future lodging needs, or anything I can do for you while in Edinburgh or nearby in the future, please just let me know. Thank you again for your time and sharing your feedback, it is very important to us, and I wish you the best in your future travelling!

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
0 mi away
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#5 of 9 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!