“A typical Hampton experience”

Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stay at Hamptons because you always know what to expect. This property did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I was hoping for biscuits and sausage gravy (yum) but sadly it was not on the menu this time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Allie1203,

Thank you very much for your positive review that you have provided to the TripAdvisor community, myself and I my staff really appreciate it as we know your time is valuable. I am glad to see that we met your expectations and gave you what you have come to expect when you stay at this and other Hampton Inn's. I am terribly sorry however that we did not have the biscuits and gravy that you were looking forward to on this trip. We had a bit of a run on them prior to your arrival, and we generally try to have them at breakfast time. Next time you plan to come to town, please let me know and I will personally make sure that we have this item for you, as they are YUM! as you stated. Once again, thank you very much for your business, and thank you for the nice comments you have made about our property. We are looking more than forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Columbus/Edinburgh area! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help you on your travels, or if there's anything at all we can do to make your stay with us that much better! Have a marvelous week!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was clean, spacious and had a jetted tub though the water pressure was so low it took very long to fill. We disliked the musty, moldy smell in the room, probably from the air conditioner. We complained to a maid who sprayed some air freshener in the room. Not very helpful. Breakfast was only OK. Pool was clean and nice but no spa. Front desk folks very friendly. If not for the smell, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CarolynMichael,

First and foremost, I am very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Generally all of our rooms smell fresh and clean, and nothing is short of excellent on all aspects of a guests stay with us. I really do appreciate you sharing these comments with us though, as guest feedback is invaluable for us to make corrections to where we fall short. I have personally looked into this matter, as well as shared your comments with the staff in order to make sure that this does not happen again in the future. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future, as things are not usually like they were on your stay. If you do plan to return to the area, please let me know and I will take care of you personally and make sure that your stay and accommodations are nothing short of perfect. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future, whether at this property or in other aspects of your travel, please just let us know. Thank you again for your feedback, so we can improve and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Return guest, always clean, comfortable, and the service is quick and pleasurable. Great location, love the mall, and there are plenty of eating estab to keep everyone happy, from fast food to nice dinner

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear 170heidiw,

thank you very much for your feedback and positive review that you have given us, myself and my staff truly appreciate it! More importantly, thank you very very much for your loyalty to our property! You mentioned that you are a repeat guest, and we truly are grateful for that. It's loyal guests such as yourself that give us the continued pleasure of being able to serve and provide excellent experiences time and time again for yourself and for others. I'm glad you enjoy the nearby attractions and eating establishments and if you ever need suggestions on other things to do in the local or nearby areas, please let the staff know as they are very knowledgeable when it comes to things like that. Thank you again for staying with us, and if there is ever anything at all that I can do for you on future travels to Edinburgh, please do not hesitate to contact me! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed for three days while visiting family and friends in Columbus and Indianapolis. The front desk staff and the house keeping staff are all excellent at their jobs - this Hampton Inn displays their combined efforts to please. The breakfast is excellent, the rooms clean, the staff courteous -- all at a reasonable price. We like to walk after a hard day of travel and the outlet mall across the street is a nice place to walk and to shop if you wish. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance. A very convenient place to stay for a restful night. Definitely a place to which we will return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Bob M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, and give some positive feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be helpful and accomodating all the way around. We work very hard to make every guest satisfied and leave feeling that they got their monies worth and more. We look forward to serving you again in the future when you are back in the Columbus/Edinburgh area. If there is ever anything myself or my staff can ever do to help you during your stay, or make it even better, please let us know! Thank you again for your feedback, and thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again, and have a great day!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

with the remodling done they are back up to a nice place to stay front desk staff was new and very nice good place to stay ar a reasonable price out let mall right across street and several resturants in walking distance

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigguy11
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Bigguy11,
Thank you very much for your review that you have provided here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you chose to stay with us again, and that you enjoyed the remodeling that we have done to the facility thus far. In the coming months we will be doing a complete renovation of all the guest rooms and exterior of the building. We will be gutting them completely and providing a brand new look for each and every room, and sprucing up the outside of the building as well. We all here at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Edinburgh hope that you join us once again after the remodel to see our virtually brand new hotel. Until then we hope to see you again soon, so you can continue to enjoy what we have done so far, and if there is anything you ever need here or elsewhere, we would be delighted to help, just ask! Enjoy your travels and we look forward to having you back at the Hampton Inn-Columbus/Edinburgh!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hampton Inn in Edinburgh is always a great place for us to stop on our way south. We have stopped here several times, and each time we are completely pleased. We will stay here again, I'm sure. Restful night at the beginning of our trip.

Dear Ren B.,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback that you have provided to the TripAdvisor community, and an extra special thanks for your loyalty to our property on your journies to Tennessee! It's loyal guests such as yourself that give us the privilege to serve and provide excellent stays. We work very hard to make each stay memorable and great for every guest, and I'm happy that you recognize that, and continue to stay with us! Should you ever need anything at all in your future travels, or if there is anything at all myself or my staff can do for you while you are with us, please do not hesitate to ask, and we would be beyond delighted to take care of you. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on the next trip! Have a great day until then!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff was very accommodating, helpful and courteous. The pool temperature was perfect and pool area very clean. Very large breakfast area with fireplace and TV. The food was amazing; so much variety and never an empty station. I would definitely choose this hotel if in this area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonEdinburgh, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Deborah K,
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us here, and that you found our breakfast and common areas to be more than satisfactory. We strive for excellence with every guest, everytime and I am glad that we seemed to achieve that goal with you during your stay. Feel free to come back anytime and enjoy all the breakfast you'd like, we will always have it hot, ready, and plentiful for you and our other guests to enjoy! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community, I will be sure to share these excellent comments with our staff. If you ever find yourself in need of anything at all in your future stays with us, just say the words and we will be there to help! Thank you again for staying with us, and I wish you the best on your future travels to Edinburgh and elsewhere! Have a marvelous day!

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Residence Inn Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus
#5 of 9 in Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh? Share your experiences!