“Best Buffet in a Casino So Far”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My first trip to this casino was February 2014. Stayed there for three nights. Rooms were nice, but the buffet was the best I have experienced in a casino in the last ten years and I have been to many different casinos. The only down side to my stay was the long walk to the casino itself. But I understand why that is so. I do look forward to returning next February. And, the steakhouse is also very good, but pricey!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank James C
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

James C - thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you enjoyed the buffet and look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is nice, clean and lots of fun things to do. This place was like a little resort for the entire family. Casino for the adults, shopping and the pool for the family. The only down fall was the hot tub in the pool area had some gross film on the top of water. Could of been from some nasty people or they needed to change the water.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

brendafromindiana, we're glad that your whole family found some fun stuff to do! We'll keep an eye on the hot tub as well. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed on a Saturday and Sunday. We arrived 1 1/2 hours before check in but our room was ready. The check in was a breeze and everyone was so nice. Whenever we pass an employee they always say hi and how is our stay going. The room was clean like they have always been. Great view . We love eating at Legends. Great food and the prices are very reasonable. Yes, we get comps but we have gone there when we aren't comped and no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

nikib1964, thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the food at Legends!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Continue to read the reviews on this hotel. Be prepared to get ripped off and treated rude. This makes the second time that this stuff has happened. I checked out a day early because I can't stand this place. Starting with making the reservations online, down to trying to honor a $29.00 room rate coupon. They send the coupons, but hate to honor them and front desk likes to argue with you when you ask to use the coupon when you already DID book your reservations online as coupon says too. They claim rooms have a refrigerator, although, it is a warm left over mini bar. Twice they brought me a refrigerator to use (what a joke) . Although, don't forget to leave the LIGHTS ON with the switch on by to door to make the refrigerator to work through your stay and THROUGH THE NIGHT. Nothing but a hassle. Be prepared to be ripped off by the machines also. Example Willie Wonka Machine. Press 40 credits and it takes 80 credits. I won 855 on another penny machine. Although, it did not cash out on my ticket. If I had time and was not so eager to get out of the nightmare casino and hotel, I would have called Gaming Commission. If you want to go, I suggest getting the Gaming Commission number off the wall, be prepared to get ripped off and treated rude. Before they got anymore of my money, I just checked out. Oh my, then the front desk clerk witched about taking the money off my room for the coupon. Then she still didn't take off the correct about. Oh well, just another rip off! I WAS USE TO IT BY THAT TIME!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Darlene B
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Darlene B,

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with the hotel staff and your room. If you could you please forward the date and time of your visit along with a way to contact you to our customer service email: horseshoesifacebook@gmail.com it will be forwarded to the appropriate party and handled promptly.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Good hotel and restaurants but terrible buffet and tight slots-- been there many times.Excellent staff at casino and hotel and good entertainment. Close to Louisville and all the sights and restaurants .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thomas S., we're sorry the buffet didn't live up to expectations. Should you visit again, we hope that you find the quality to be better. If you decide to try one of the other food vendors, we're confident you will find something that matches the quality of service you experienced.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have stayed at the Horseshoe Southern Indiana for over 10+ years off and on but the last tine was the last straw! We made a reservation for a free room offer for my wifes birthday and drove the 2.5 hours down. We get there and no reservation is listed and they refuse to help us at all! Staff was very unprofessional and smug! I definitely recommend checking your reserv if you decide to stay before leaving! We never had issues before but the attitude of the front staff was terrible, we will never go back and thats a sad thing after 10+ years!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Davis025
HorseshoeSI, Manager at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Davis025,

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with the front staff at the hotel. If you could you please forward the date and time of your visit along with a way to contact you to our customer service email: horseshoesifacebook@gmail.com it will be forwarded to the appropriate party and handled promptly.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stay in Caesars' properties all over the country whenever I can. I love them and usually stay for free or very cheap. The beds are usually outrageously comfortable, the amenities first rate. I am sad to say none of this holds for Horseshoe Southern Indiana. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable. The bed sheets were scratchy. I second the review before mine which states a sheet and a bedspread are not adequate for winter sleeping. I searched the room, but there was no extra blanket to be had. That meant cranking up the heat and waking up horribly stuffy. Hoped for a nice hot shower to take the edge off that bad night's sleep. It was not to be had. After running the water on full hot for 5 minutes, it finally went from ice cold straight to hot. Got in. Got shampoo in my hair, and back to cold. The toiletries were on par with a Best Western. The ice machine did not work. I really don't think I'll be rushing back to this property unless significant improvements are made.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carivt
HorseshoeSI, Owner at Horseshoe Southern Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

carivt, thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. We apologize and this is certainly not up to our standards. We do have additional blankets that can be brought up to rooms should you find them lacking during your next visit. In the future, should you ever find your accommodations less than satisfactory, we will be happy to move you to a more suitable room. Your response has been forwarded on to Hotel Management and we'd love a chance to improve your opinion of us should you be in the area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Comfort Inn Louisville
Hampton Inn Corydon
#1 of 5 in Corydon
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#11 of 98 in Louisville

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!