“A Fun Time.”

Horseshoe Southern Indiana Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Elizabeth
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class gaming complex features 140 gaming tables and more than 2,500 slot machines.
louisville
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A Fun Time.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We spent another great Saturday at Horseshoe Casino. Love the variety of slots. The casino employees are always helpful and right there if you have a question. A lot of action going on. We won some and lost some. We will be back.

Visited March 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Never again”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night w/ daughter's team as an event firm booked our team here for proximity to Louisville. Best thing was the hot shower & the brand new smell of the plastic shower curtian. Ok, the movie selections were current & we did enjoy watching a new release on the large flatscreen amid the dank smoke smell our non smoking room. This place reeks, the walls are paper thin. Could hear entire conversation of the family in next room. Did not eat here or visit anything other than our dingy room. Appreciated Valet having car ready so we could exit fast. Not for us & won't be back. Tired, dingy, smokey & old.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank RoverMusings
Tennessee
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Enjoyed the casino as a whole, it is quite spread out however so much so they run an indoor shuttle, rent scooter and have speed walk ways to assist with getting around. Lots of what you would expect from a riverboat casino, they have a really nice poker room 1 or 2 daily tournaments.
A new restaurant called the spread (replaced Paula Deans) their still working the kinks out of that one. But Legends which has fantastic ribs is still making large portioned meals all meals are really big enough for two. My wife and I always share a meal.Most of the staff is friendly, the poker room looks great and the staff is more than adequate. Complementary Valet is always nice. Is about 15 mile from downtown Louisville KY.

Visited January 2014
louisville
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Bad, Bad and Really Bad”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were excited to try the new Spread Buffet based on a very positive experience with the one in Cincinnati. What a disappointment. I can't say anything positive about it. The salad bar if you can call it that(it wasn't much of a bar)had only a few items and what appeared to be iceberg lettuce out of a bag. The food stations while appearing neat and well tended had food that had obviously been on the steam table/burner for a long time . This was especially true for the Mexican and Asian areas. There was no food that would be considered regional like the German food station in Cincinnati. Nothing was good-it didn't have the quality of a Golden Corral or Hometown Buffet which don't rank real high on my list. The Spread made them look top shelf.
Desserts were the worst-everything tasted the same. I saw one of the workers taking a pecan pie out of the box and it was a brand sold in one of the local wholesale stores in the area and it was a very inexpensive brand at that. I will say the employees were friendly and attentive.
We were there on a Tuesday evening when they were offering double reward points and it was not crowded at all-in fact it was pretty empty .
The grand opening isn't until the 21st of January. My suggestion would be to shut it down and start over.

On to the casino. It used to be more fun. There was never big money to win but you could go and spend 50 to 75 dollars and play for several hours just for the entertainment value. Not anything, it seems like you can go thru $75 in 15 minutes even betting 30, 40 or 60 cents, Every spin is a loser.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank SunsetGale
louisville, ky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horseshoe casino, rude and nasty employees”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Hi, I've been going to this place for about 5yrs. It has been getting worse and worse. Well it finally hit me that the craps table bosses are suppose to be respectable to me, period. I don't play the slots here cause they are way to tight. So I play craps. Well, being almost a 7star player, I was shocked that a table boss can be so rude to a gambler spending 1000 or more a week, and when you complain, no one cares. You call, no one calls back. They think they can be rude and get away with it because they are the closest casino to Louisville. I'm done with them. 3 times now they have disrespected me, and 3 times, no apology. This last time I was even told by the table games manager that their people don't apologize...period ! But then asked what would make me happy ? I said I didn't want free play, free food, free hotel, free nothing......I want an apology. He said sorry, can't help ya. And that was it. If I ran my business this way, I would be out of business. So I would stay away...... Go to belterra, nicer employees, nicer hotel, nicer all around.

Visited December 2013