“Perfect stop on X Country Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect stop on X Country Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a great value! Our family with young children stayed here to visit my alma mater, Notre Dame on our way to Glacier National Park. The hotel is spotless, the beds were very comfy, and everyone from the front desk to the breakfast staff were very friendly. Hot (eggs, sausage, waffles) and a selection of cold cereals and fruits pleased everyone-no small task. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Shamrok_gal
ElkhartMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am very pleased that you chose to stay in Elkhart! Thank you for your kind review, and letting us know how satisfying our breakfast was for the entire family. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and will stay with us again should you return to the area, perhaps for another visit to Notre Dame!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Elkhart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The service and room were as expected. The front desk gal was very friendly and personable. I was disappointed that the rate changed from one hour before I arrived to when we checked in. The rate went up $10, because of the occupancy rate for the motel. I felt like that wasn't ethical.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for reviewing. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the change in rate. Unfortunately, the rate changes are done by the owner, and beyond the control of any of us at the front desk. We do our best, though, to try and find discounts for guests who ask for them!
Elkhart
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

So I checked in late and paid for the last room (a suite) on the property--desk clerk was very nice.
Sadly that was the last good thing I will say... The sheets were dirty w stains and hair as well as torn. There was no late check out & the managers statement was:
"Well, we usually check when we fold them (linens)."

Very disappointed--not even an apology.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. When you informed me of the stained sheets, I did apologize and explain that we always try to do our best to catch any stain while folding the laundry, and that if we miss it, housekeeping generally catches our miss. Cleanliness is our number one priority in the hotel, and as you can see from our over 100 "Very Good" and "Excellent" reviews, most guests give our cleanliness 4 or 5 stars, and for a reason.

Unfortunately, you ran out (stating I didn't get here until 3am, it doesn't matter) before I could speak to you more. We don't like our guests to be unhappy, and you never gave me a chance to make things better. It is very uncommon to have issues with cleanliness here, and when you spring that kind of surprise on someone, it would be nice to give them a few seconds to process everything.

As for a late check-out, had you simply mentioned how late you checked in, we could have given you an extension. We are not aware of the status of each guest (such as what time they check in) unless we look at our computer or a guest informs us, and as we are often away from the desk doing other work (such as laundry), we are not even aware of what room is calling us unless we are told.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenienced you experienced with us. I hope that you will give us another chance should you return to the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We pulled in with 2 adults and 3 boys under age 6. The room was spacious, well decorated, quiet, and immaculately clean! The boys loved the window seat in our room and we appreciated the refrigerator as our youngest is still using a bottle. Everyone slept well and enjoyed the wonderful breakfast provided in the morning. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! Our only complaint was that there were no more cribs available when we arrived at 5pm.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the comfort and cleanliness of your room to your liking. The window seats are a very unique feature that each Microtel contains, and they are a great way to use otherwise lost space! I am sorry to hear there were no cribs available. They are very seldom used here, so it is very unusual to not have one available. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again should you return to the Elkhart area!