“Uninhabitable!”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
“Uninhabitable!”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The staff is unfriendly and unwelcoming once payment is secured. The laundry facilities are not operational and haven't been repaired for quite some time. The pool is closed and has not been repaired for over a year. The outside door to access the rooms is broken. The entire hotel has not been maintained (e.g. major stains on the carpeting, dirty walls, burned out lights, etc.). There are signs warning you to not park on the side of the building due to vandalism. When I called the front desk to inquire about the laudry facilities the response I received was "Well, what do you expect me to do about it? I can't fix a broken machine and it's been broken for a long time." It took us really throwing a fit for the staff to allow us to check out (after only having been in the room for 30 minutes). We went to a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This profoundly filthy property is rife with bed bugs. I am covered in bites. I feel that I am ethically oblicated to make every effort I can to warn people away from this awful monstrosity. Also, the electrical outlets continually failed and worried me. Did I mention all the bed bugs?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve C

Travellers are raving about these Elkhart hotels

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Falling apart...weeds galore, poor lighting inside and out, smoke filled...already had paid reservation so couldn't cancel by time we arrived after midnight. Very creepy, entered to find torn wall paper coming off the walls, chunks broken off the air units, our door left cracked open, music from alarm playing, no towels in room, door hit stained toilet, lobby was locked, it was like being on a horror film. Couldn't eat the breakfast offered in the morn. Worst hotel experience ever!!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank AlTexCo
Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The hotel looks like it's going through bankruptcy--weeds outside, pool was closed, hall smelled of mildew, and the room wasn't clean, especially the rug. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank whitemountains_12
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stay in Elkhart several times per year on my way to and from Chicago. Being less than 2-hours from Chicago, Elkhart is a good alternative to the pricey Chicago hotels. The area is also much nicer than most suburban Chicago hotels located near an interstate. Each trip, I price about 4-5 motels in Elkhart, best rate gets my business. I know what to expect from this motel, rooms are up-to-date and well cared for, property is in a quiet (but easy to find) area, they provide a free continental breakfast in a peaceful setting, and I have never had any issues during my stay. I find all of their employees to be friendly and courteous. This latest stay was no exception!

Room Tip: No elevator at this 2-Floor motel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Kettering
Reviewed 7 May 2012

As an elite platinum member of the Choice Privileges rewards program, I stay at many of the Hotels that participate in the program. I enjoy accumulating points while on business and use them for family vacations. This was my primary reason for booking at the Quality Inn in Elkhart,In. The Location of the property is convenient to many dining establishments and has easy access to I80-90.The outside of the property is in need of maintenance, trashy parking lot, overgrown weeds, and in need of repaving. The hotel lobby and breakfast area looked very impressive. The hotel pool was closed, this two story hotel has no elevator and the entrances are not conducive to those traveling with lots of luggage. The rooms while dated, are spacious and ours had a micro/fridge complete with a left over beer from the previous guests.While we found the beds to be quite comfortable,the noise from the room above us prevented us from getting much sleep, after repeated calls to the front desk, the noise (which sounded like a herd of elephants)subsided about 2am then resumed at 7am. Apparently a block of rooms had been sold to a youth sports team of some kind, and the room above us was obviously unchaperoned.When we decided to attempt to enjoy the breakfast offerings we were met with a packed room of teenage boys who devoured everything available. Upon our return a half an hour later, we did manage to find some VERY watered down biscuits and gravy to satisfy us just long enough to check out. While checking out, and obtaining a receipt, the clerk took a phone call while I was standing there and handed me my receipt and walked off, never asking how our stay was or anything.With MANY alternatives available at this Elkhart exit, I will most certainly try some other options before I would consider staying at this ":Quality Inn" again.

Room Tip: Ground floor only, unless you want to tote your luggage upstairs, as this hotel has no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank foto_johnyoc
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We went as a family and stayed in a King Suite. We chose the hotel for the pool and large room. Pool was closed (hotel didn,'t let us know when we booked), room was large, but in great need of repair. Tiles we falling off the baseboards in the bathroom. Light fixtures in the ceiling didn't have lights in them. Space between the floor and bottom of the outside door was at least two inches, so you heard (and saw the feet!) everyone coming and going out the exit door just outside the room. Breakfast was fine. Outside needs much fixing up. Seems as if owners mainly cared about the lobby which was nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family