“Disappointed”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
davenport
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The swimming pool was closed for "renovations" but the front desk clerk said that the pool had been closed for quite some time with no reopen date available. When I reserved the rooms I had specifically asked about a pool and they never informed me that it was closed. We only had two working lights in one of the rooms. When I called the front desk they informed me that normally these rooms are closed for renovations but they opened them because of the Notre Dame game. They should not be selling rooms that are faulty. We stayed 2 nights. Housekeeping never changed our sheets, vacuumed the floor, or refilled any cups or amenities. My 5 children complained that the breakfast was gross and cold.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jazzyjacobs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elkhart
Reviewed 19 August 2013

What I would expect from a Quality Inn. Breakfast was well put out and nice area to eat. Very convenient and easy to stay passing through. Rooms were relatively clean, just a bit worn, but not bad. All in all, probably would try another hotel, but it was a decent stop. The pool was being renovated :( wanted to use.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300+ nights every year, so price is important to me. The check in was fast and efficient, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The checkout was quick and the breakfast was great. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Towels were supposedly white but grey is the right color and they would match my rag pile at home. Overspray from painting the walls and crumbs all around the floor perimeter were a turn off. The breakfast bar was the usual choice hotel option and tasted fine. The pool is closed too.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Elkhart hotels

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We' ve been staying at the quality for over a month. I agree with the other reviewers, the place is a little dated, but other than that no problems. The rooms are nice and if there's ever a problem with something in the room, the staff is accommodating. The pool is down for maintenance, but as far as the grounds being nasty, I don't agree. I've personally saw the manager out there taking care of the grounds herself. I would recommend this hotel! Thanks for all that you've done for us Connie, Jerry, and Melissa...we appreciate y'all!

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Yes this hotel needs some work but I enjoyed my short stay. The pool is under repair and the manager explained that it was under repair. There were signs everywhere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean a little outdated but Clean. Breakfast was standard fair. The only real complaint was the shower controls. It was very hard to find a comfortable temp . It was either cold or scalding. There was no in between. I can't say enough about the staff. Although there are things that need to be done they are being worked on. I would love to go back in a year and see it. Thank you for a delightful stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Connie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your most recent comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes we have been doing improvements and indeed we still have a ways to go. We have an exceptional staff, and we are a great value! We will keep working on everything and when you return on your next visit we hope you are pleased.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stay in Elkhart each time I drive between NY and Chicago. I price several hotels in town including this Quality Inn. I find this motel along with Sleep Inn, and Microtel Inn are the three nicer motels with decent rates. I've been staying here since its last make-over which was quite a few years ago. I find some other reviewers of this motel to be kind of harsh, its not bad. Yes, there are some areas that can be worked on. Hallways need attention, and some of the exterior doors (access doors to the hallways from parking lot) could use some adjustments or replacing. These areas can leave a poor impression on new visitors. The rooms are fine. Clean and well kept, I have not come across any issues while staying at this motel. Breakfast area is nice, large & clean with tables. Newspapers are available for guests. The motel is located is an area with several other hotels, and restaurants. Its located near the exit / entrance to I-80. What you get vs. price, this motel is a good deal.

Room Tip: No Elevator at this motel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to make your most recent comments. We pride ourselves on being a great value with great hospitality! I am glad you agree. We have just recently had all of our hallway carpets professionally cleaned, and I am in hopes that you will notice a difference upon your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.