“Great hotel”

Staybridge Suites Elkhart North
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. This is a great hotel...location right off
of interstate...check-in was great...the staff at the front desk are some of the best
I've ever dealt with. The hotel was to capacity because of the wedding and family
reunion and the staff did everything to make it a great experience. The rooms were
great....'comp' buffet breakfast was very good. Found a 'hidden treasure' about 1/2
of mile down the road called FLIPPIN COW ....this place was great...fun restaurant
'Jimmy Buffett' style.... great food...2 patios looking over the water....service was great.
A 'must do' if you are in the area.....Thanks Elkhart for a very 'memorable' weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank teetso91
SusanDawson_DOS, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience and that you enjoyed the Flippin Cow! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to this area.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Elkhart North

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here with friends for one night while visiting Elkhart for a wedding. In all honesty, we stayed here because the bride had blocked off rooms there, but we were pleasantly surprised. Prior to arriving, we were trying to secure an early check in because one of my friends was actually in the wedding. We called every day for a week, and kept being told to call back the next day. We arrived around 12:30 pm after a flight from Boston and were thrilled they had a room available!

The room was spacious & clean. Only complaint about the room was they gave us one bath towel in a room that is able to sleep six people!

Breakfast was nice, well stocked. Outside the breakfast area was an outdoor space with a putting green & basketball court. Indoor pool & workout area were also in the hotel. Doubt I'll ever be in Elkhart again, but if for some reason I am, you can't beat the price & quality of this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Elkhart while in town on business. I try to always find a Staybridge when travelling for work as I find them comfortable, modern, and the service usually pretty good. I really find in the NorthEast USA where they need to be very updated and modern that they can be super nice. As I've tried more and more across the country, I find others are nice, but sort of a typical extended stay hotel.
The Staybridge in Elkhart is very clean and has a modern lobby feel. I was greeted and checked in right away. My king studio suite was small, but clean and efficient. I'm glad I wasn't there for an extended stay though as the kitchenette was very small and not very inviting. Room annoying thing (which others have commented on) is that there is no luggage rack in the room, which meant i had to unpack on the couch. Very strange!
There is a Steak & Shake next to the hotel which I used for a little milkshake snack before bed, but otherwise not much else is within walking distance.
The bed is very comfortable although the pillows were a little too soft for my taste. The bathroom was small but clean and everything worked well. The free wi-fi was a little on the slow side, and made it hard to download work emails, but seemed to be faster in the morning. The free breakfast was very disappointing for a Staybridge. The section just wasn't very good and the "Fresh" fruit contained way too much canned fruit to every be considered "fresh".
Overall, there is nothing wrong with this hotel and is probably one of the best choices in Elkhart, though I've stayed at nicer Staybridge Suites in other cities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Rusttribe,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel has a good customer service. Excellent breakfast, Close to some restaurants. Clean room and bathroom.
The only downside is that some guests played basketball at 10:30PM and the guest above my room "decided" to wake up at 4:30AM walk around the room, take a shower make some more noise and finally leave at around 5:30AM. Not so pleasant if you are after 13 hours drive and additional 8 in front of you. The manager was kind enough to credit me with some point towards my Priority Club membership.
Thanks

Room Tip: Try to stay in a top floor.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here a couple of times and always find the staff very friendly. Also pet friendly (for a small fee). Free food and alcohol three nights a week so can't be that bad! Suggest you try to get a room away from any exits. As Indiana has fairly strict no smoking policies they have to be at least 8 feet or so from any door. This put them fairly close to our room so would occasionally get smell of cigarettes in the room because of wall mounted AC unit

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times during the last year and every stay has been excellent! The King Suite rooms are always great! Always clean and never an issue. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travel to Elkhart, IN!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend soccer tournament. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The girls loved the movie room and we spent most of our free time in the main lounge our outside in the courtyard. I will say that the beds were not very comfortable and that for the Sunday morning brunch, they ran out of food and we had to wait for more to be brought out. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Elkhart North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Lisa M,

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.