“Non-Smoking Room is a Joke”

Comfort Suites North
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Columbus
“Non-Smoking Room is a Joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

For being a non-smoking room, the room reeked of smoke when we first entered. The staff said they would try to improve the smell, and when we returned later that night it was slightly better.

I was disgusted that a proclaimed non-smoking room would smell that bad. Upon checking in, the desk clerk even bragged that the non-smoking rooms were monitored and anyone caught smoking would be fined. I guess they missed this one.

I have never had a problem with a non-smoking room presented this poorly.

Won't be back.

Room Tip: Inspect the non-smoking room before registering
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Once again, I apologize that you had to experience this at my hotel. We are correcting the problem as I type this.

Hope to see you again,

Ruth-Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Couldn't ask for more for a good value. Located right across the from I-80 entrance. The receptionist was pleasant and check in was quick and easy. The room, a king, was a good size with a comfortable couch and a large screen TV. The bed was comfortable and we got a good sleep. The breakfast was pleasantly set out in an area in the lobby with a nice selection that included waffle, eggs and sausage. cereal, juice and toast. The pool was also nice looking even though we did not use it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and the kind comments that were made regarding your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again when your in the area.

Ruth -Manager
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice hotel for stop over. Receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Room was lager than a room, smaller than a suite. Plenty roomy and comfortable for overnight stay. And at a good price. The bathroom was larger than most and with very large counter space. At the end of the cul de sac, it was quiet. The only negative was a very small breakfast area on the edge of the lobby, unusual for this type of hotel. Breakfast itself was the usual hot and cold.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us, I have shared this with my staff. I know there are alot of hotels in the area to stay, but thank you for staying with us, we greatly appreciate it.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Elkhart.
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed 11/9/13 in a suite with 2 queen beds & a pull out sofa bed for my daughter's 11th birthday party. She had 5 lil friends, her & I in the room and we slept comfortably. I'm staying again with my husband in a jacuzzi suite in 2wks for my birthday. ♥

• Stayed November 2013
Delton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The desk help was friendly, the motel was clean, the breakfast was good. The only complaint we had was on Friday evening a group of families showed up, I believe a hockey team. The kids were noisy in the hall's, running up and down. But by about 9:30 they settled down. Not really an issue but if kids bother you, you might want to ask if there will be a group of them staying. We enjoyed our escape.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Had a great stay at Comfort Suites! The hot breakfast was excellent with meat, scrumptious scrambled eggs with cheese, yogurt, cereals, bagels, oat meal, juices, waffles, coffee and tea, jelly etc. The room was a large suite with 2 queen beds and an additional sofa. Pool and hot tub were amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here a few nights over a 3 week period for work. The room was nice with comfortable beds. The pool and hot tub were very nice as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast which offers some hot items. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business