“Good steakhouse”

Dining options: Reservations
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Good steakhouse”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Convenient location right off the Indiana Turnpike in Elkhart, Indiana. Staying at the Baymont Hotel directly across the street from the restaurant made it a convenient place to try.
We were not disappointed. The service was good and our server friendly, personable and prompt with our drinks and food. I enjoyed a filet while my partner had the rib eye. Both were very good and done to our liking. Does get a little noisy but the good food made up for it.
Of course, there are peanuts at every table to enjoy.........what else for a Texas Roadhouse!

• Visited May 2014

goshen ind
“Great place”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We like dinning there, we try to go early ,because the place gets very noisey,they play the music way to loud,Great place to eat ,food is excellant ,but its not a place that you can relax at.

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, OH
“The good, the bad, and . . .”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The good: the service provided by our waitress. The bad: the ribs.

We stopped at the Texas Roadhouse on our way home from Chicago to Cleveland. We first got off the highway at South Bend but could not find a restaurant that looked appealing. We were delighted to find the Texas Roadhouse a little further east near Elkhart. I had never been to a Texas Roadhouse before although one [of the four] of us had been to another Texas Roadhouse and he told us we would have a wonderful dinner.

We were seated promptly. The atmosphere and ambiance was lively with lots of neon beer signs (see photos). Our waitress was fabulous. She provided great service and frequently returned to check to see if we needed anything. When the bartender [probably] mixed up our drinks, she graciously "fixed" the error. From the moment we sat down until we left, she was really on her game.

Within moments, we were served warm Texas Roadhouse rolls and cinnamon butter. So much for the low carb diet: they were gone in seconds. These tasty little treats were SO good, it was hard to resist the second basket which our waitress brought promptly as soon as the first one was gone. I really stopped counting, but it's possible we actually had a third basket!

As one enters, the steaks served are displayed in a refrigerated meat case (see photos), and they looked wonderful. But, we all craved the ribs, and that's what each of us ordered. I must say, I was disappointed. I fully expected them to be moist and tender, as the "fall off the bone" claim suggested. While they did "fall off the bone," there was nothing moist about them. They were dried out and the only thing which imparted moisture to them was the barbecue sauce (which we needed to get more of to balance the dryness of the ribs). The sides were good to very good and the portions were generous. Overall, I was pleased with the Roadhouse, but if we happen to visit another one somewhere, it's likely I'll choose another menu item instead of the ribs.

The prices were reasonable, ultimately, so in summary, I'd probably give it another try. Hopefully there was just something "off" that night and maybe their "usual" ribs really are better than ours were that evening.

• Visited April 2014
Granger, Indiana
“Poor service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Visited recently with my grandson who has celiac disease. A call was made ahead of the visit to make sure that that could bake the fries instead of frying them. They said it would be no problem. Upon arrival the fries were ordered and we were told that they would not bake them because they didn't have time. After a discussion, the baked fries came out half done. Poor service, poor quality and no concern for medical, dietary restrictions.

Elkhart, Indiana, United States
“Standard Texas Roadhouse”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I find the selection a little small. I love meat but this really isn't the place to go for that. I got the fried steak once and it fit the plate but had just a little tiny piece of meat in it.

• Visited November 2013