“Clean superior king room , but smokey bathroom vent”

Red Roof Inn - Elkhart
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night for early morning customer visit at Notre Dame. I'm a red roof fan (4-5 nights per month for work) and this place was clean and front desk person was friendly. There was a distinct smoke odor in my non smoking room and it got very strong in the bathroom and seemed to be coming in from the ceiling bathroom vent. I was too tired to complain after checking in at 10pm after driving 6 hours... So I turned on the fan closed bathroom door and slept on the comfortable bed and checked out at 630am to go to work. I reported the odor at checkout. I would not return to this site again due to the room smell. Room 210.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dlacerte
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear dlacerte,
I am very sorry about the Smokey smell in your room, we are a non smoking facility. I hope you will you change you mind and come back and see us again sometime.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've stayed here twice a week for a month now. Very nice staff. Great place to stay. Quiet area. Pet Friendly. I know there lots of places to stay in Elkhart but I've never looked after staying here. Staff greet you upon arrival and can give you directions to anyplace you want to go.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Shannon A,
Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to the next time you are here!

Thanks

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This RedRoof Inn is undergoing renovation, but is still the best value in town! I've stayed in Best Western Hotels that are not this nice. Stay here when ever I am in the area! Except for football season when Notre Dame is in town the price for value is exceptional!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles C

Thanks Charles,

We look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Red Roof in Elkhart just about really is my home away from home. I leave Florida usually around the end of January, when I`m not pulling trailers, I`m at the Red Roof Inn. Stay there till I go home for Christmas. I`ve been doing this for about two and a half yrs. The staff, all of them, are great. I wont fib the building is an older one, BUT ! it has been remodeled inside and out, the only way they will get me to leave here is to run me off with a stick. I never consider another motel in Elkhart. Charlie Kenneday

Room Tip: I like the rear upstairs. Rear parking lot is larger.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles K

Thanks Charlie,
This is your second home and we think of you as family!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stay here often (at least once or twice a month) and Amy at the front desk is really awesome. Love to joke around with her. When we have to stay longer than expected the staff brings towels and etc. to us immediately. They have fantastic service and rooms are always nice and clean. I am disabled and they always have a room for us on the lower level and fortunately we get the same room all the time. Would recommend the place to anyone. Reasonable and very nice place to stay. Only draw back is slow internet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank lynnd1949
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear llynd1949

Thank you very much, Amy does have a great sense of humor and I'm glad she entertains you, We love having you as our guest and can't wait to see you again

Thanks again

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this Red Roof numerous times over the past two years. In every case the staff has been courteous and helpful and the rooms have been clean and comfortable. This is one place where the manager and staff really work at making your stay enjoyable.
We have no problem recommending this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Cmackay03

Dear cmackay03,

What nice things you said... Thanks. We really appreciate your loyalty and hope to have you back with us many many more times for years to come.

Looking forward to seeing you the next time you stay.

Thanks

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I love the Red Roof Elkhart...Shannon is the sweetest, friendliest employee ever. She always makes me feel so welcome and that's a wonderful feeling after being away from home (GA) for a month or longer. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to stay here. Comfortable, clean, updated EVERYTHING, truck parking, close to great restaurants and walmart, laundry facilities....just great. Thank you guys! See you soon!
-Destiny

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DestinyC85
RRI_GM_0018, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Destiny,

Thank You for the great review. I agree Shannon is a rock star! We are very that you are a regular here and look forward to the next time you are in town.

Thanks again