“Wow, Amazing, Extreamly comfortable More than home away from home!!!! :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elkhart North

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elkhart North
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
“Wow, Amazing, Extreamly comfortable More than home away from home!!!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

My finance were driving through Elkhart from Chicago on our way home from his baseball game we have stayed at another country inn about a mth ago and had such a great experience that we decided to stay at another country inn chain in Elkhart. When we first walked in the the lobby was very clean and the night time Staff at 2 In the morning was very warm and welcoming our room was on the first floor in the king jacuzzie suite 103 upon entering our room we realized we forgot stuff we asked the front desk staff for directions to a Walmart and he new his surrounding, location, and landmarks and we arrived of finding our places no problem he deff gave excellent directions with a smile on his face the entire time. All available necessities for stores and restaurants are all in a 5 min drive. Upon returning to our room it was very clean and the jacuzzie was huge and twice the size of the other one we stayed at for a smoking room, the perks about our room was they had waiting for us in a treat bag was 2 bottle of water and a bag of Chips and a chewy bar, the tv was a flat screen that had DVD hookup available, the floors were very clean toilet was very clean the shower had a non slip Matt in it lighting was good, bed sheets and pillows and comforter were clean and had no stains, pillows were not flat and the bed was very comfortable, temp was perfect, good size table, clean microwave and fridge, jacuzzie was very relaxing powerful jets and the water temp was perfect!!!! My finance forgot a cork screw luckily the front desk had one and was happy to help us and even had a sm. conversation with us, we didn't use the pool but by the looks of it really clean and the hot tub was spacious and looked good,our room was quiet there was no noise disturbance anywhere, breakfast was very neat and organized and spacious unfortunately we didn't wake up in time for breakfast we were way to comfortable but I have heard very good things about it, upon leaving we were 20 mins late getting out of the room they wwere very friendly and did not charge us a late fee for another night and asked how our stay was and informed us since we missed breakfast there was crackle barrel in walking distance. Over all if you r driving through town or visiting or vacationing I would deff recommend this place for everything we had the pricing was very reasonable clean relaxing and comfortable but all in hotels there is some things that can be changed the only thing that we saw wrong was the shower had little water pressure but the temp was g good and if you DNt like the smell of cleaning products then stay at the days I cause they r disgusting and our reasonable price for this kind of satisfactory was only 103.76 the best deal we have ever encountered and we booked over Expedia unfortunately we forgot to take pics but it's just like everything I describe. If we r ever in Elkhart again we deff will deff be staying there again and this chain along the way. Highly recommended :) thanx so much for the 100% satisfactory A.M

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Beachbunnie810

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Only stayed here because every other hotel in the area was sold out. Stains all over the carpet, old smell, old sheets, old decor. I know it is supposed to be country, but that doesn't mean it can't be clean. Never again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank divehsv
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I drove straight through the night from Teaneck, NJ to Elkhart to attend a birthday celebration for my wife's aunt who just turned 90. When I made reservations, I inquired if we would be able to check in early since we would be driving all night and I would like to get some zzz's before the afternoon party. I was told the check in time was 3 PM, but was also told if I would call when I got close, that they would see if a room was available. We arrived Elkhart around 7:30 AM, had breakfast near the hotel and then went and spoke to the front desk person, Eddie. I had been in contact with Eddie by email, so he was expecting our early arrival. He told us the cleaning crew wasn't in yet, but that he would have a room ready by 10 AM. We went to my wife's cousin's home, visited awhile, then went back to the hotel and caught up on some sleep before the party. Eddie had given us a southern corner room telling us it would be quiet and we would be able to rest up. We found the room extremely clean and very homey! My wife usually complains about the low lighting in hotels/motels, but it was perfect in this room. She was even happy with the lighting in the bathroom. I usually rate rooms by how strong the flow of water from the shower head is. This was also way above our average experiences. The free breakfast was so much better than any others we have tried. They even had a lovely friendly lady offering to prepare a waffle for you. Most other places, you clumsily attempt to butcher your own. There were other warm dishes available, plus toast, rolls, fruit and cereals.

The only negative in our experience was the low water pressure in the toilet. My wife's brother and his wife stayed in another room on a different floor and they had to have their toilet plunged during their stay. Overall, Eddie and his staff get a 5 rating from us. This motel is right off interstate 80, and was 5 minutes from our party. We visit Elkhart often and usually stay with my wife's aunt, but now that she is 90, and we have found the Country Inn & Suites, we will be staying here again and again. Thank you Eddie!

Room Tip: They gave me a south corner room for quietness, and it was super.
1 Thank dlbrownie
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I'm typically a Mariott patron, but have come to appreciate the value of Country Inn & Suites. This hotel, in particular, was exceptionally clean and had a very accomodating and friendly staff. Breakfast is free & offers a variety of cereals, bagels, yogurt and a few hot items. I will stay here again when in the area.

Staunton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Very nice clean and comfortable rooms, very friendly accomodating staff. The breakfast was all you could want and more.

Room Tip: Four girls used a two bedroom/queen room and nearby two bedroom/queen w/living room so everyone had...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel June 14th and 15th. It is very clean. The rooms, the pool, the lobby, the elevator are kept clean. The breakfast hostess is great. I worked for 5 years managing a hotel breakfast and the woman working kept everything stocked, cleaned up, and made the waffles for everyone that came in. She was pleasant to all guests and I enjoyed talking to her. There are good places to eat close by, and it is located right off of I80. The price was reasonable.

chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The room was a little dated in decor and a little worn around the edges but the staff was very nice and the place is clean. I loved the tub enclosure someone else they were nice and new.
The room was clean, bed was comfy, no road noise or outside noise I could hear, lots of parking, and a lot of channels on the TV.
The breakfast was good they make the waffles for you and it is nice so there is no spilled and wasted batter everywhere or someone taking over the machine. They had a decent selection and the Breakfast lady was very nice. I am a eggs and bacon girl I would have preffered the Cracker Barrel in the parking lot but the hotel breakfast is free and very nice for free.
Workout area in basement is nice, the pool feels like an after thought and is really dark but my daughter had a decent time.
The only noise I ever heard was the ice machine once in awhile and it has the old fashion air/heating systems but so do most places like this. I liked this place the sleep quality was great, it is safe and close to I-80. There is a 24 hour place close by called callahans decent to eat at, Martin Grocery up the street with a starbucks, and a wal-mart and shopping are around the corner (ask for directions).
If traveling in this area again I would stay here again.