“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
A TripAdvisor Member
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stay in this area traveling through and for work have stayed a few different hotels, this one is by far the best and I would stay there again. The service was friendly and very helpful. Just walking in to the main lobby you knew you were in for a relaxing stay. the room was clean and did not smell of smoke and mold.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this review, 8 March 2016
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that old management of this hotel did not respond to your review. Please know that I started at this property in late 2014 and if I can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Chris Newsome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bethlehem, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We arrived Friday morning and thought the hotel was perfect! It was convenient for our weekend to South Bend. However, Saturday morning, we noticed ants in our room and had to throw out two bags of items due to the ants on the table! It took over an hour for someone to come to the room to take care of the ants! It would've been nice to ask if we wanted to move to another room, but nothing was said to us!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here with 2 kids while in town for ND football opener Labor Day weekend. As other reviewers mention, the big plus is this hotel is CLEAN. I have high standards and the housekeepign staff here really derserve a raise, because cleanliness is the primary reason I would come back. My kids used the small indoor pool and it was clean and safe too. Since I am a rewards member we had breakfast included (it is not standard) and the breakfast service was very rocky. It was very crowded on game day, and the waitresses were very nice and really trying hard, but there is a real lack of systems in place to take orders and convey them to the kitchen. The breakfast bar was pretty sad and they ran out of basic things including eggs and also cutlery and coffee. It really needs a management overhall -- and maybe just don't even try table service and focus on the buffer. The second day we opted to forego our "free" breakfast and eat at the pancake house across the parking lot and I was happy with that decision. Also a few other weird things about this hotel -- the toilet was seriously the loudest flushing toilet I have ever heard. My 3 year old was scared of it and made us flush after he left the bathroom. We laughed, but that could be really annoying if you stayed long in this place. Also, the toilet paper holder is so far from the toilet under the sink my 6 year old couldn't reach it. She said "They really should put a holder on the wall where people can reach it." She is right! Also, something more serious, and maybe not fixable, is the noise level in the rooms. We could really hear the people above us walking and the people next to us talking and coughing. Luckily our neghbors weren't up too late so it was berable but I used ear plugs the second night and would only stay on the top floor if I ever stayed here again.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor if you don't like to hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Two of the staff, Cindy and Corey, were extremely welcoming and stayed late to accommodate us, a group of hungry, tired bikers who stopped overnight on the way to Milwaukee for the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary. We pulled in at 9:50, 10 minutes before closing, and they graciously stayed so we could eat and be taken care of. Great job and great employees!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Cottage Grove, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great place to relax and regroup at the end of the day. You can start the day with a great breakfast and at the end of the day relax in a comfortable room very quiet to the outside world... exercise in a room filled with whatever the average health conscious person is interested in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

northborough, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Absolutely Lovely, the only thing I had a hard time with was the parking lot, it is shared with other hotels, otherwise it was a great experince and the hotel staff was outstanding. Place was extremely clean and very close to Notre Dame University

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

West Winfield, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife & I had to book this room last minute since our travel plans had changed due to car issues the day before. We were able to go online and book 1 of the last 2 rooms that they had for that night. When we got into our room we found out that the room they gave us was a handicap accessible room but that wasn't the room type we had booked online. I inquired at the front desk about another room one with a tub but was told they were all booked up for the weekend.
Once we got settled into our room the folks in the room above us began to walk around like they had concrete blocks on their feet which made trying to get to sleep very difficult. After a few thumps on the ceiling with a ball of rolled up socks they got the hint and walked with much lighter footsteps. We also had the displeasure of the smell of skunk in the hallway which also made sleeping quite the task. I used my old training as a scout and wet a bath towel and put it along the bottom of the door like you would during a fire and holy cow it worked. The room & breakfast were great and the experiences that we had that night were not the hotels fault.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple