“Football Weekend”

Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was a great place to stay for a ND football weekend. The rates are always a bit inflated for game weekends and at least by staying a bit down the road it was at least half the price as it would have been in South Bend. The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable and the breakfast was perfect and very good. Would stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that old management of this hotel did not respond to your review. Please know that I started at this property in late 2014 and if I can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very well trained hotel staff and the service at breakfast was great. We went on a game weekend at ND and in spite of being extremely busy they handled all customer issues very well. The rooms are all very well kept and the staff addressed any concerns very quickly

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cindy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the on line survey regarding your most recent visit with us. We are glad to see you had an enjoyable experience. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests are able to have a positive experience. We hope that should your travels bring you back to the Elkhart area, you will chose to stay with Hilton Garden Inn-Elkhart.
Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Beds were very comfortable... bathroom was not cleaned..it still had used shampoo and soap from the last people who stayed in that room and hair in the tub... got charge 2 times for the same room..but had to call reservation office and supposedly they will return 1 day back to me in 3-5 business days, and the room that we were in the maintenance room must have been outside our door soo it was loud all night so my room was not good but that doesn't mean there all like this

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This stay in Elkhart, IN, was our 11th layover stay on our quest to bicycle 13 eastern states. We were weary and ready to get home after 17 days of travel. Staff here were excellent. We were assigned room 101 at check-in. Our request at booking was for a quiet room away from elevators and ice machines. I will now have to add to my request in the future to be away from pools and the front office. We could hear voices echoing down the hall from both the lobby and the pool area late into the evening. The location of the hotel is near a few restaurants but a walk around the area was difficult because of the lack of sidewalks and inclusion of busy traffic. Breakfast for an additional fee. We declined.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

During the ride to Milwaukee for the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary celebration we rolled into Elkhart tired and hungry. We found the HGI around 9pm. As we rolled in to find a room available I went round to the kitchen and asked the Chef if we were to late for something to eat. His reply was, "not at all. You're tired and hungry. Put you bags away, freshen up, and then come down. I'll wait for you and you can order anything on the menu". And the for was delicious! The nice lady hostess and bartender also stated that she would serve us until we were full. We could not have found a better place for a weary traveller.

If your travels bring you to Elkhart and you're deciding on where, make it the HGI. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your most recent visit with us. We are glad to see you had an enjoyable experience. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests are able to have a positive experience. We hope that should your travels bring you back to the Elkhart area, you will chose to stay with Hilton Garden Inn-Elkhart.
Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! My family and I stayed here for a Notre Dame football weekend - it is an easy ride to ND - about 15/20 minutes on the highway. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. There was always complimentary coffee, cookies and ice water in the lobby. When I asked if there was decaf one evening, the staff insisted on making a whole fresh pot. The breakfasts were delicious and reasonably priced. The rooms were very nice, quiet and super clean. There are many nearby restaurants and a comfy living room/tv area in the lobby. My kids enjoyed the computer area and we printed our boarding passes there. Great place!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stay in this area traveling through and for work have stayed a few different hotels, this one is by far the best and I would stay there again. The service was friendly and very helpful. Just walking in to the main lobby you knew you were in for a relaxing stay. the room was clean and did not smell of smoke and mold.