“Not impressed, is this what Express means?”

Holiday Inn Express Elkhart North - I-80/90 EX. 92
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It had been quite some time (couple years) since I had stayed in a holiday Inn. From online reviews and info this hotel seemed OK. A colleague chose it so I was along for the ride.

Upon arriving the property looked nice, well lit, clean, etc. The lobby looked tired and in need of some care. While it was not dirty it was certainly worn. The breakfast area is quite small compared to any property I have visited in the last decade. While I did not use the pool or fitness area they seemed adequate but minimal.

I will say we were quickly greeted and given the keys to our room by a friendly, helpful desk staff. The room is adequate, somewhat more updated than the common areas. I was impressed with the selection of channels available on the TV. My only real complaint in the room was the HVAC. I set them temp when I arrived and after returning from dinner it felt much colder than I expected so I adjusted it and over the next hour or so the temp swung the other way. I tried to adjust it but the room temp did not seem to correspond to the selected temp.

I did not sleep well and was worn the next day. I think the room temp and bed/pillow combo did me in. Beds are personal things and this one didn't agree with me but others may find it perfect.

Overall, I would not recommend this property. It is situated just off the interstate which is convenient but there are many other choices located all around the HIE.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elkhart North - I-80/90 EX. 92, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Nathatt,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is truly unfortunate the temperature of the room and the bed in the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see high scores for Service and Cleanliness. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Bed was comfortable, noise was quiet, food was just okay. The staff was very nice and friendly, but they insisted on putting Fox News in the breakfast area. An unbiased station would have been preferable, but it was easily ignored as the volume was low. The pancake machine was great. Juice was a bit watery. And the jacuzzi that is supposed to be there, is no longer there. In fact, it's dirty shell is in the back of the hotel in the open grassy area- Added to the not-so-lovely view.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just stayed here for the Notre Dame - Southern Cal weekend, we had 2 rooms from Thursday til Sunday. We stayed at many of the surrounding hotels and this ranked as the top one to date. We were greeted and checked in at a very quick pace, the rooms were spotless and spacious. The entire staff from housekeeping, front desk to the owner mgr were very personal and attentive. Upon arriving back to our rooms each nite, they were as clean and neat as our arrival nite, clean towels, fresh soap, etc. The am breakfast was was well stocked, plenty of fresh coffee each morning and the food was replenished in a timely manner. I would reccommend staying here and look forward to returning myself.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the rear, slept with the window open, was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I come back to South Bend every year for a game. I've stayed at many different hotels. This time, I booked the Holiday Inn Express in Elkhart off on I80/90. What a difference! Keppy (I believe he is the manager) was so accommodating. He kept the breakfast open late for the late-arriving football fans. Everything was spotless!! As soon as someone finished at breakfast, Keppy was right there wiping down the table and making sure everything was just right.
The entire staff appeared to be passionate about customer service and I felt like I was a VIP. This will be my destination hotel from this point forward. Thank you, Keppy and everyone at the exit 92 Holiday Inn Express in Elkhart. See you next season!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This Holiday Inn Express on the north side of Elkhart is a great bargain for those visiting NW Indiana or the Michiana area. Rooms are available for free with 10,000 IHG reward points, or for just $40 with 5,000 IHG reward points. This hotel has an indoor pool, exercise room, free wi-fi, and a pretty good breakfast. Wish they had oatmeal. The rooms have large flat screen tvs, coffee makers, refrigerators and microwaves. There are cookies and coffee available in the lobby at all hours. The rooms with two queen beds were very comfortable with a large bathroom. Clean and quiet - a really great place. Near restaurants and a Martin's grocery store that has a Starbucks inside. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Recommend the rooms with two queen beds.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here as the last stop on our way back east via motorcycle. After sitting in traffic in Chicago for 2 hours, then having to drive after dark, it was a welcome sight. Everything about this place shows that the management cares about their customers. Beds were comfy, decor was nice and room was well appointed. The breakfast area was clean and had plenty to choose from; The coffee was some of the best we'd had in any hotel on our trip. Will definitely recommend to anyone needing a good night's rest in a clean, friendly hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

stayed one night in our way from columbus to chicago. very very clean w very comfy beds. very nice front desk staff that seemed interested in quality. better than expected breakfast. pool area was clean but humble. a good hotel value at $90. would stay again.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elkhart North - I-80/90 EX. 92, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Megan B,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A