Hampton Inn Elkhart
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$133
US$100
Hotels.com
US$96
US$126
US$103
US$91
Red Roof Inn - Elkhart(Elkhart)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$77
Priceline
US$127
Priceline
All reviewsseveral restaurants within walking distancecomplimentary breakfastno exceptioncomfortable bedseasy accessindiana tollwaythe breakfast areawould recommend this hotel to anyonestaff was friendlypool and hot tubvisit familywould definitely stay here againconvenient locationa great place to staynotre damecracker barrelgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2012

It is a bit below standards for what we would expect from the Hampton brand, however, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was comfortable and breakfast offerings are simply average, but there are nearby restaurants. I would suggest that their cleanliness could be improved upon, but it was still within acceptable standards. I think the carpets need to be swept a little better. It was peaceful and quiet even though so near the turnpike and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed two nights. Was upgraded to the jacuzzi suite. Room was clean and comfortable as usual. Breakfast was good and plentiful and well staffed. Did not use the pool but it looked nice and clean and uncrowded. Pleanty of eateries within walking distance. EZ ON/OFF from turnpike. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for a wonderful response. We truly appreciate your time. It is so nice to hear good things about your hotel and staff. That makes us all feel good about what we do. Thank you. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was able to shower without difficulty. I was able to enter the hotel room with no problem. I was able to sit and relax with a minimum of pain. I have arthritis in my hip and knees and this usually means that hotel rooms are a pain - can't shower or bathe, can't sit in the chairs without difficulties getting out again (hard to find a derrick when you are in a hotel room), sometimes there are door thresholds that are difficult to roll over - none of that tuff here - very well thought out. People went out of their way to help - one even made me my morning waffle (bless her)!
This is definitely going to be my come back again place - good people, good food, very comfortable sleep (and they even werfe able to recommend me a pedicure place - WOW)

Room Tip: My disbled room was on the firsts floor around the coorner from the front desk across from their one meeting room - it was very quiet. I slept like a little baby.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Ms. Donna

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your time. Have a Great Fall and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms seemed to be on the smaller side than what we are used to with a Hampton. No place to put luggage in the room other than the floor. Very limited closet space (a desk with attached closet looks like it was "tacked" into the room because there was no closet originally). Breakfast seemed underwhelmong, but the breakfast area was being renovated so that may have something to do with that. Seems like it is a hotel that was retrofitted into a Hampton since it isn't layed out as other Hamptons we've stayed at. In summary, nice clean room but that's about it.

• Stayed: May 2012
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate your time. We apologize mor not meeting your expectations with your stay. We were renovating our hotel at the time of your stay. We are completely done. Our desk is connected with our closet. That is the layout that we had to go with when we renovated our hotel. We hope to better accommodate your needs next time you stay with us. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The location of the hotel was convenient to South Bend/Notre Dame and less expensive than hotels in that area. Easy access to the Indiana Toll Road is a plus. In an area with other hotels nearby, there are multiple choices. This Hampton was a comfortable average choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business