“Fantastic Stay!!!”

Hampton Inn Elkhart
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We loved our stay here! The rooms were very clean, front desk staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Next time we are in town we will defiantly stay here again and I will recommend this hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for great comments about our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Have a wonderful Holidays and Merry Christmas! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed here Thanksgiving night after visiting with family. The rooms are really beautifully decorated and the mattresses and duvets were fluffy and comfortable. The room temperature was great, water temp, amenities - all great. The kids enjoyed the pool. It was very quiet. Everything was clean. A delicious, elaborate breakfast was included in the price (better than other hotels' free continental breakfasts). I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Just one note:

We were traveling with our two young kids and like to get 2 Queen beds - one for us and one for the kids. I didnt even THINK to make sure that the two beds were Queens, so we were surprised when we got to our room and the beds were so small - Doubles! I called the front desk to see if they had a room with 2 Queens, but they dont. Single kings or 2 doubles only. My husband is 6 ft tall and hardly fits in a double bed himself, let alone with me. Needless to say, we spent an uncomfortable night with elbows in each others' faces and checked into a nearby hotel with 2 Queen beds the next night.

Room Tip: We were right by the elevator (Room 316) and the hotel was very quiet, so no complaints although if...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Kimmers:

Thank you for being our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience with the beds. Unfornately, we do not have queens in this hotel. The way our rooms are set up, it is too late to get two queens into our double rooms. Please accept our apology. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Beds are my number one consideration. These are comfortable, and the linens are good (none of the dreaded short sheeting some chains seem to believe is acceptable). Down comforters could use some regular shaking maintenance, but all is clean and smells fresh. We slept well. My one issue was with internet connection. This morning (after 8 on Sunday AM) it is fine, but last night it was unusably slow and glitchy. It could be that the load is too high for their equipment. Be warned because that was tremendously frustrating to us and though not uncommon in hotels with wireless, it seems worthy of a mention in case management wants to consider upgrades. Regardless, this Hampton is very easy to get to from the highway, has restaurants all around it, has excellent quality appliances (quiet and steady fan etc.) and is reasonably priced for the quality. Staff is efficient and friendly. We'd be pleased to stay here again.

All that being said, this is a hotel with a pool which means families with kids on weekends. I cannot fathom why people are so inconsiderate, but we saw soaking wet/dripping kids *with* parents sloshing down the hall and the odor left behind in the hall from carpeting was unmistakably of them needing to have gotten to the bathroom LONG before. The elevator (which my disability leaves me requiring) was dangerously wet floored. From the hall we could hear the racket in their room and were extremely grateful not to be next door. None of this is the property's fault, but again... keep it in mind when staying at hotels with pools. I notice that this particular property's management does not encourage the filling of rooms side by side, and I am EXTREMELY grateful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for responding about your stay at our hotel. That helps us stay on top of everything. We are having problems with Internet. We are in the middle of updating it so our guests do not have any problems. Hopefully, this problem will be solved on your next stay with us. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We just stayed at the Elkhart Hampton Inn and, once again, had a great visit. You have certain expectations because this is a Hampton Inn, and the staff here meets and exceeds those. The rooms are comfortable and recent renovations to the lobby and exercise room are very nice. The breakfast is included and offers a delicious variety of cereals, fruit, pastries and beverages. Because it was a football weekend, the staff decorated the lobby and had cookies and snacks available as soon as you came into the lobby. The front desk staff could not have been more welcoming. If you are looking for a comfortable, nice place to stay, give the Hampton Inn a try.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Sima P, Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Guest:

We are so glad that you had a nice stay at our hotel. We are going to update our internet and get more bandwidth very soon. Pelase bear with us until we are finished with this project. We appreciate your comments a lot. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

It is a bit below standards for what we would expect from the Hampton brand, however, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was comfortable and breakfast offerings are simply average, but there are nearby restaurants. I would suggest that their cleanliness could be improved upon, but it was still within acceptable standards. I think the carpets need to be swept a little better. It was peaceful and quiet even though so near the turnpike and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed two nights. Was upgraded to the jacuzzi suite. Room was clean and comfortable as usual. Breakfast was good and plentiful and well staffed. Did not use the pool but it looked nice and clean and uncrowded. Pleanty of eateries within walking distance. EZ ON/OFF from turnpike. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for a wonderful response. We truly appreciate your time. It is so nice to hear good things about your hotel and staff. That makes us all feel good about what we do. Thank you. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was able to shower without difficulty. I was able to enter the hotel room with no problem. I was able to sit and relax with a minimum of pain. I have arthritis in my hip and knees and this usually means that hotel rooms are a pain - can't shower or bathe, can't sit in the chairs without difficulties getting out again (hard to find a derrick when you are in a hotel room), sometimes there are door thresholds that are difficult to roll over - none of that tuff here - very well thought out. People went out of their way to help - one even made me my morning waffle (bless her)!
This is definitely going to be my come back again place - good people, good food, very comfortable sleep (and they even werfe able to recommend me a pedicure place - WOW)

Room Tip: My disbled room was on the firsts floor around the coorner from the front desk across from their one...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Sima P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Ms. Donna

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your time. Have a Great Fall and we hope to see you soon.