“Great value and a friendly stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Elkhart

Super 8 Elkhart
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Great value and a friendly stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

I regularly go out to South Bend for Notre Dame for football games and have stayed other places a few times. But for the price, being only 15 minutes away from the stadium, and all that is around in Elkhart, I don't think I can get any better. It may not be the biggest but the rooms ahave always been clean, hot water and plenty of pressure for a well deserved shower, and it is easy checking in and out.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I've stayed at a lot of Super 8's, and my expectations were appropriate. This was the worst room I've ever rented. It was dirty, there were beetles in the room, it had not been vacumned (I found bobby pins, a lighter and crumpled receipts under the bedskirt.) I could spit harder than the shower head, and you had your choice of hot or cold water in the shower. There was broken lamp, the desk was cracked, the carpet was stained... Bad place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank marchband

Travellers are raving about these Elkhart hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

After browsing the site for affordable hotels in Elkhart, I settled on the Super 8. For approximately $50 on a Sunday night, we got a clean room with a microwave, a refrigerator, and complimentary coffee. A wide variety of cable channels were available on the TV. WiFi was also available. The continental breakfast consisted of undersized pastries, doughnuts, and muffins, but who says you can't take more than one? All in all I thought this was a terrific deal for the money. It's just a few blocks south of the more expensive hotels at I80/90 exit 92.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

This was a terrible experience and this hotel should be condemned. Stay at your own risk. I have never written a review but this needs to be stated. I would expect better from a 1 star $50 a night room.. Anyway, we walked in the room and the light switch did not turn on the light. Finally got in and found a hole in the bathroom door; the carpet was sticky ; found hair on the sheets; the towels were extremely worn and faded, and the hotel smelled like stale cigarettes. The final straw was the knats in the room. When I complained to the front desk they listened but could care less. If you want to stay in a hotel that is filthy with fingerprints everywhere and every piece a furniture appears to be from the Salvation Army, this is your place, otherwise, please don't do it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything. It was horrible, filthy, and smelled bad
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank 7262
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Our stay went about as expected. Everything was average and pretty much met standards for an economy stay.

Pros:

Great AC for the very hot weather that we experienced during our stay. Good, hot water for the shower. Room seemed pretty clean, even the bathroom. There were plenty of room amenities for an economy stay. There was a microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, large office style work desk, arm chair, 2 queen beds, very ample TV, and so on.

Cons:

Continental breakfast was pretty meager but there was little wrong with what they did offer. They mainly just offered a couple types of cereal, a small variety of pastries, and toast. They offered 2 or 3 types of fruit juice though the machine didn't seem to work well if at all so we didn't even get to try any of that side of the offerings.

Overall we felt that we experienced about what we would have expected for an economy hotel if not even perhaps a little above average for that type of hotel.

• Stayed September 2008
Lake Mary, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2008

Stayed at Super 8 motel during the Jr Irish Soccer Tournament over Memorial Day weekend. Rest of team stayed at StudioPlus ($95+). Considering their experience, we got the better deal (at $60).

This Super 8 motel is right off turnpike, 20 minutes east of Norte Dame. on the plus side, wide variety of cable TV stations -- better than most medium priced hotels ($100/night), water for shower was plentiful and hot. Room had a small refrigerator and microwave (tiny). on the negative side: continental breakfast was so-so (two choices of cereal, no hot food), bathroom was small, a bit dirty, and towels were on the low quality end. Overall appearance of room was on the dingy side - dark colors, low lighting. Hard to tell if the dark carpeting was clean or not. Only needed to stay one night and so that all we did.

• Liked — inexpensive, good location
  • Disliked — dingy
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

Reading the other reviews of this place was confusing. It's almost like it was a different place. I found the rooms to be decorated quite well--fairly clean, yet not immaculate. But all the furniture in my room was new--and real wood, believe it or not--not presswood or chipboard. Very nice.
Unfortunately, the other clientele staying there was not so nice. After checking in, I had to pass by eight sordid-looking characters to get to my room. Three of them were half-dressed.
These same guys kept me up all night by going in and out, slamming doors, and shouting to their amigos, all night. I called the front desk, and she said she'd send the manager up to quiet them down. Didn't happen.
Night two: Now there are six different guys, literally laying in the hallway. TMany have their doors propped open, blaring their TVs full blast out into the hall. Two of the six guys appear to be taking a siesta--onthe floor in the hallway. How they slept through all the noise is a mystery. Four others are talking loudly, and singing along to the Spanish videos on Telemundo.
Same story, door slamming loudness all night. There must have been 60-70 guys in and out of maybe only four rooms all night.
I called the front desk again and told her that she and her manager were not doing their job, and that I was calling the Police. That didn't work either.
So, I had zero sleep for two nights.
On Sunday, I check out, and when I leave, I have to step over someone's vomit outside the doorway of the main entrance.
Think it couldn't get worse.
Then I got home, they had charged me twice. I stayed two nights, but there were two separate charges to my account. One for one night, one for two nights--I did not stay 3 nights, only 2.
When I called the Manager, he looked it up, and said "No, we only charged you once." and that was that. So now I have to protest the extra charge. Have you ever tried to disprove a charge when you really did stay there.? (Just one room, two nights, however.) It's a huge hassle.

• Liked — Furniture in room
  • Disliked — NOISE, unsafe enviroment in the hallways
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business