“Great Hotel/Wonderful, helpful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Lakewood Ranch, FL, United States
“Great Hotel/Wonderful, helpful staff”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We truly enjoyed our visit to the Hilton Garden Hotel in Evansville, IN. The staff is exceptional! We will always recommend this facility for business or leisure.The breakfast was fabulous. The workout room, pool and spa were very clean. We especially enjoyed the view of the lake with ducks outside our room. Third floor is the best for that.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank James S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a pleasant, comfortable representative of a quality chain. It also was one very bright spot in a mostly miserable day for me, yesterday. When I was preparing to leave my hotel that morning, it was sleeting, part of a continuing ice and snow storm, and my rental car was encased in a layer of ice about a quarter of an inch or more thick. I started to try to clear the windshield with the feeble scraper provided by Avis. When I looked up the proprietor of the hotel was standing on the other side of the car with a heavy duty scraper working on the windshield. He then said "go back inside and get a cup of coffee, I will take care of the ice." And, he did just that. When I tried to give him something for his trouble, he abjectly refused. He told me, "if you want to repay me, next time you visit, come back and stay with us again." I certainly willIf And, if you ever happen to be in that area, I encourage you to do so as well. I will also pp

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff B
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is my second stay at the Evansville HGI, and I don't know what happened between last year and now, but the hotel restaurant has really improved. Food was excellent, well priced, and the staff is fantastic. Overall, the hotel staff were hard-working and friendly, and the room was really nice. Not the cheapest hotel in Evansville, but a real treat and good for the value. Breakfast-- I've never seen a faster staff before, the omelets came out lighting quick, and they had a good selection of tea.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave C
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Most of the HGI properties doesn't disappoint and this one was a success once again. I loved my suite, enjoyed the nice view of the lake, anything and everything I wanted was close by and the freeway was right there for easy access. I really love how this chain has the adjustable beds, that is worth the price right there!

The only thing I disliked was during a morning breakfast, how a wait staff lady was rude to a gentleman (from China) who didn't speak English well and was confused over the morning breakfast price. He didn't mind paying it, but she walked away while he was trying his best to talk to her.

I had the same issue regarding a lower bill one morning and a higher bill the next day. That's my only knock. Other than her bad day on the job, another job well done!

Room Tip: Top floor, overlooking the lake
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When visiting Evansville, we genuinely look forward to our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is clean and bright next to a beautiful lake and conveniently located adjacent to great shopping and restaurants. The Hilton Garden staff is warm and friendly especially Norma and Jeremy, in the dining room. Norma is always welcoming and somehow remembers us and our family (even though we visit but twice a year!) Incredible, warm and super accommodating service is Norma's everyday work ethic. Do yourself a favor and book your next Evansville visit here. It is truly like home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SunnyDriver
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Evansville whenever I am there on business. It is a great location. Minutes from downtown and close to restaurants. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Prospect, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have visited Evansville once or twice a year over the last six years for soccer tournaments but this was my first stay at the HGI Evansville. I noticed that this HGI was consistently one of the first hotels to sell out over tournament weekend and we would always end up elsewhere. This year, we were able to secure a block of rooms here and it will likely be my first choice going forward. The hotel is very clean and modern, the staff very friendly and (mostly) accommodating, and the rooms were comfortable and fairly quiet considering the hotel was full of soccer teams that particular weekend. The fridge and microwave in each room were nice features as well. This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of several good restaurants which gives it a slight edge in my book over the newer Hampton Inn near the airport.

My only disappointment with our stay was that the hotel would not adjust its starting time for breakfast to accommodate teams that ended up with early morning games. Breakfast begins at 6am during the week but not until 7am on weekends. At least 3 teams at the hotel were leaving early for games scheduled at 730 and 8 each morning and were unable to take advantage of the breakfast that was included in their tournament rate. I have found other hotels to be very flexible in this respect so I'm not sure why the HGI chose not to stay on the 6am schedule for this special event weekend. Pay your kitchen staff for the extra hour and build it into the tournament rate. We stayed at another HGI several weeks ago for a tournament and they setup a separate buffet altogether just for the soccer teams that opened up earlier than the regular buffet.

HGI Evansville did prepare grab 'n go snack bags for the players with early games but this option left the parents without anything to eat. Their suggestion was to return to the hotel after the game and eat breakfast but when you have multiple games scheduled, or have checked out when departing in the morning, our group found it impractical. Breakfast is usually a pretty big deal for traveling teams and I came away a bit surprised that HGI Evansville fell short. However, I do not want to downgrade the rating because this is an excellent property and I heard from others that weekend that the breakfast received very high marks in selection and quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family