“Home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Sunnyvale, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

HGI is overall a terrific place to stay. The beds are some of the most comfortable in the industry. The Evansville staff made their management team proud. Not only were they courteous, pleasant and attentive, they took care of my mother's special needs when I had to check out a day early. Their people make the real difference.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
South Bend, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

From the appearance of the lobby, the front desk staff and nicely appointed, immaculate room, I would have to say this was among my top United States hotel experiences. I will be staying at the Evansville Hilton Garden Inn on my next visit to Evansville.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Judy G
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was a much needed weekend getaway for us. We arrived late Friday night and check in was smooth and efficient. As we headed up to our room, we noticed everything was so bright and clean. When we got in our room, it smelled “new”. The entire hotel is non-smoking, so there is a fresh smell to the room and halls! As we entered our room, we noticed it was HUGE! It was just the two of us, and we love the king size bed, that’s what we have at home, but the room was so spacious. Very nice! The bed was a type of memory foam mattress, so it was very firm. Not our favorite, but it wasn’t bad. The room was so clean…ever since I was small, I would never walk on hotel floors without socks and/or shoes; this was the very first hotel that I was comfortable walking on the floor with bare feet. We love the spacious rooms, the clean and completely non-smoking hotel. The staff was so very kind and courteous. The continental breakfast was fantastic. You could have fruit, grits, oatmeal, yogurt, danish, toast, waffles, biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns…OR the restaurant staff would make you something. You could get an omelet or French toast, there may have been other choices, but those were the ones that interested me the most. The staff was so cordial and fun and so personable. We were going to meet with friends for breakfast, but were happy when they canceled because we were able to go back to the restaurant and have our hotel breakfast with the staff, they were very sweet! We were put into a “handicapped” room, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, and that was probably why it was so spacious! Being a handicapped room, things were positioned lower than normal, but also had a ‘normal’ level as well. The bathroom door was very wide and had a hook about arm level to me, and I rammed it when I was going in the bathroom, leaving a bruise on my arm. You would think with so much space I would’ve been able to clear the hook…I guess not! Friday night was quiet and we crashed when we got in. There must have been something going on with pre-teens and teens on Saturday night. Our room had an adjoining room, and they must have put some kids in the next room. They were obnoxious and loud and the walls are super thin. I never really heard a ‘parental voice’ ever, but one call to the front desk and they were taken care of. We don’t know if they moved them to a different room, or if they were just told to be quiet, but we never heard them again. That was awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle L
New Harmony, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My family and I stayed overnight before a very important doctor's appointment. We had a great time. The experience was very relaxing for my wife and children. Just what we needed, before a stress-filled doctor's visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2014

In town to visit my son. The reviews are very accurate. Nice hotel, to say the least. Only complaint is the noise from the hallway, which is the case in any hotel. Other than that, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in, regardless of price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Carmel, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Upon arrival - the hotel lobby was quite impressive and the check-in staff was quite accommodating. The room was very up-to-date and clean. In the room there was a mini fridge, microwave and coffeemaker - all of which were very nice. The only disappointment was the giant indentation on my husband's side of the "sleep number" bed. Other than that - was quite nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

evansville, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had a great stay very clean! I came down for a Valentines day weekend and my two year anniversary it was great. I got the romance package that came with chilled wine and breakfast. It was a great experience and I will come back to this hotel whenever I'm in the Evansville area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple