“Smaller casino but plenty to do. Great restaurants. Nice Venue”

Tropicana Evansville
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at the Tropicana while traveling for work. The casino is right on the river, Hotel is connected by walkway.
Its kind of an historic feel but up to date. This is a smaller boutique casino but will have to say was happy with the set up. Their main lobby offers a Louisiana style restaurant for cajun. Steak and burger places with a real nice sports bar. Near the casino within walking distance you have more restaurants to choose from and even a higher end hotel.
Casino is 3 floors. You can get your slots and poker room game going. I enjoyed my stay and the people were friendly and courteous.
Excellent room service at the hotel. I could fill out a form for what I wanted for breakfast and state a time. Leave it on the door before I went to bed and in the morning there was breakfast.
Outstanding service !!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Tropicana Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found plenty of amenities to keep you happy! If your business brings you back to the area, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Tropicana Evansville for one night during a business trip.
The rooms have updated contemporary decor and furnishings which I found to be tasteful. However I was disappointed on the second look. The carpet was dirty and not vacuumed properly. TV was flatscreen but too small for the room. The bathroom also was nicely updated with a large walk in shower and a vessel sink. The bathroom sink was dirty (contained old hair and toothpaste remains) and I later found out that it did not drain properly which explains the the collection of dirt.
Overall a nice idea but lack in details and I felt to be surrounded by 'dirt' from previous guests.
I paid $99/night so it was a rather inexpensive stay.
The breakfast buffet is ok. Average.
Wi-Fi is free but the connection is not stable.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our hotel. We are truly upset that you found it to be lacking and not up to par. The things that you found wrong with the room are not up to our standards and our Housekeeping Department has been made aware of this.
We do appreciate all feedback and hope that if your travels bring you to the area again, you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This Hotel is trying really hard to compete in a tough economy and I think they are doing a nice job. We had a comped room with a great view facing the river. The room was clean and comfortable with an updated bathroom. All of the staff greeted us with a smile and were very helpful. We met a casino host named Joanne and she was great. There are restaurants in and near the hotel with a great trail for walking right along the river.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river....they are nice and watching the barges go down the river is a trea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everyone you came in contact with friendly and hospitable. You mentioned that you met Joanne, one of our Executive Hosts. She is truly an asset to our team and our Players think highly of her. We hope to see you again on a return trip to Evansville.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked a room for our 4 year anniversary. The staff was very friendly and the check in was really quick. The room was really clean and nice but was dissappointed to find out that we didn't have a fridge in our room and the carpet was wet near the airconditioner which i got my socks wet that i just put on to go out for the night. The location is great for the casino there is a catwalk that takes you right into the casino where everything is at. Also we went to RI,RA a Irish Pub that was in walking distance and stayed there most of the night, would of went to Boogie Nights but it was the grand opening and the line was huge. We never used room service or anything so dont have a comment on that. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was huge. Only negative is that it was pretty expensive for a one night stay, no fridge in the room and our view was the city view was really hoping for a river view but guess thats my fault for not requesting it. Guess I expected a little more for a anniversary night out. Would come back again but only if I could get a discount on the room.

Room Tip: I would suggest to ask for a river view, city view isn't all that great, that is if you care abo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are honored that you did decide to spend such an occasion as your anniversary with us. At this time, we do not have refrigerators in all the rooms, but we do have several on hand. We do not charge for these, but will gladly put one in your room upon request and based on availability. Please check our website, we do offer specials on there most of the time. Since our remodel, we have received lots of comments on our new, bright bathrooms. We are glad that your check in went well and that our Team was nice and friendly. Things are fun and exciting around property and with the new Boogie Nights Night Club, you never know what "Celebrity" Entertainer will be here. Please come back and check us out and don't forget to mention that you would like a river view room. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Clean, neat, basic professional amenities. Was there to give a paper at USI. Didn't even step into the casino. It's a weird place in general, but this is what you get in that neck of the woods. The people who work there are very nice. Room service/food was mediocre, but at least it was available. Yogurt parfait was a cup of yoplait (didn't ask what flavor I wanted) and generic granola. Blah.

Room Tip: ask for a riverfront room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found our Team Members were nice and that you found your room clean and comfortable. We are sorry that the Room Service food was not up to your expectations. We hope that people do enjoy coming to the Property even if they do not go into the Casino. We offer a wide variety of Restaurants and something is going on in the Lounge every night. We hope that if you are in the area again, you do take the opportunity to visit with us again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have only been to the casino here once but got a free room offer for Sun-Friday so we decided to use it.

We had our day planned to do some site seeing of the Indian mounds nearby and a couple of other things on the river but it began raining right after we arrived in town.

We got to the hotel a couple of hours early since we could not do what we intended but the front desk was awesome and went ahead and gave us a room. check in was really quick and easy. I had requested a fridge and they had it to us in less than an hour along with extra coffee.

I booked a king smoking and it was really nice. the bed was a little hard but slept ok and there was a small couch and desk in the room. I thought the tv was sort of small but it was flatscreen and did ok.

the bathroom was amazing. It had this huge walk in shower with an awesome shower head.....the vanity was nice and there were plenty of towels and stuff. I really like the hair dryer provided and the makeup mirror too.

For the most part, the hotel was quiet but it did not seem to be that busy so we slept well.

As for the casino......it still sucks....you do not get free drinks and they do not comp food very easily like a lot of the places in Tunica do. No incentives really to spend time there.

We ate dinner at Max and Ermas and it was good....not the best steak I have ever had but good. I thought the price was reasonable since we paid 30 for two steak dinners and two coors lights.

The one thing I do have a problem with is that they put a 50 hold on your credit card and supposedly release it but it has been 3 business days and it is still there.

I think this is a good place to stay if you want to get out and see things but the casino is a huge waste of time really but it is the only game in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walker_sam
Lynn S, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Sorry that it rained and ruined your plans around town, but glad that you did stay with us and had a good time. We have had a lot of positive remarks about the bathroom and the fact that it is bright, making it easy to get ready for the day.
We have a lot of fun things going on in the Casino, but unfortunately the state of Indiana does not allow for alcohol to be comped at any of the Casinos. Please contact the Hotel and ask for either myself or the Front Desk Manager if your deposit has not been released back to you and we will look into it. We authorize for a deposit when you check in and we release that authorization back when you depart. Some banks do take a little longer than others in releasing the funds back to your card, but it is immediate on our part. If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. Hope you do return and visit with us again.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed at this property recently on a spur of the moment having been to the casino that night. Check-in was wonderful! We didn't have any kind of discount code and she voluntarily gave us the facebook discount. The room seemed to be new and fresh so I am guessing there has been a room renovation pretty recently. I would happily stay here again, especially if we were at the boat again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelmomof3Kentucky

We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our rooms have been recently renovated and we are ciontinually getting positive feedback on them. Since this was a last minute stay with us, we hope that you plan a return trip and spend time with us again.
We look forward to seeing you!