“Convention Weekend”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I look forward to my stay next year. Sweetest little blond you'd ever met works nights and she stood around and talked to me just about life for awhile and did everything she could to make sure we were comfortable. She is a natural with the guests and I can only hope she is working there again this time next year although I'm sure she will be in charge by then. Thanks for your kindness Brittany. The breakfast was always stocked and the cinnamon rolls were to die for. They printed maps for us to get to the ford center and suggested great food. If you want hospitality this is definitely the place, feels like home

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jineyjon
Curt B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for the outstanding review. As you noted, taking care of people is what we do at every position in our hotel. We had a great time with your group and hope to see you all back. Eric was telling stories of the boys at the game for a week. All in All, its just a great example of why we are Great Hotels, Guests Love.

Curt Baker
GM - Holiday Inn Express and Suites Evansville East

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our baseball team from the Nashville, Tennessee, area of 13/14 year old boys, parents, and siblings came to Evansville for a regional tournament. Most of us stayed 4 nights. Having traveled extensively, I have to admit that I was apprehensive about staying so long in a Holiday Inn. In my experience, quality control is often an issue. Not with this property! The rooms and suites were exceptionally clean and modern...wonderful mattresses, crisp white sheets, lots of pillows, etc...which was a nice surprise after a long drive. However, the hotel staff was even better. Just the thought of teenage boys staying in a fully-booked hotel is enough to make most hotel staff members shake in their shoes. Our kids were polite, and the staff went above and beyond to take them under their wing and make sure they had a great time. For example... after the pool closed each night, they opened up the breakfast area and allowed them to play video games together til after midnight (sorry if the chocolate milk inventory was depleted!) They even provided a flat screen TV, Xbox, and board games for us. They also sectioned off an area for a birthday breakfast, housekeeping happily worked around a room full of boys having a video game tournament during the day, and...this one is so sweet...the maintenance man from the hotel who also works at the historic Bosse Field (where A League of Their Own was filmed), recognized the group and took the entire team to a reserved section behind the home dugout to watch the game. They were thrilled. Thanks to everyone for making this a trip such a memorable one. The Evansville Holiday Inn Select East should be used as an example of how all hotels should operate. Tather, Sarah, and Marlo, plus the maintenance staff and the wonderful night front desk staff (I regret that I didn't write down everyone's names) really made all the difference for us. Thanks also to Makenzie Dunn of Dunn Hospitality for handling our block of rooms. This is an exceptional property! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Suites are nice and have central HVAC.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TNJen

Oops, crossed my responses. The Convention Weekend response was to go here, lol.

So, I will reply to theirs on here. So sorry.

Brittany is indeed a great addition to our team and someday she will have my seat, I am certain. The entire staff here takes pride on the experience of each and every guest and we are glad you noticed.

Thanks for the great comments.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June. The hotel is conveniently located right off of the Interstate with many dining choices in the surrounding area. The hotel in clean and well maintained and the staff was friendly, and incredibly helpful. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, comfortable beds and pillows and an easily controlled thermostat.

Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn fare. What stood out was how clean the breakfast area was kept and how helpful and friendly the breakfast staff was. I have food allergies and I spoke with Marlo to see if there was something safe for me to eat. The next day, I was pleasantly surprised that to find that the staff had gone to the grocery store for items that I could have for breakfastt. I have never encountered this kind of personal service in a chain hotel.

Monday through Thursday (from 5:30 - 7 I think) there is a happy hour and each adult receives 2 drink coupons per day. They serve mixed drinks, wine and beer along with snacks (chips, chex mix, etc.). A welcome wind down to the day before heading to dinner!

If you are in this area, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank coffeegirl9
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our first time at this hotel. Our son in college at USI in Evansville broke his ankle and needed surgery. We came to Evansville for 2 nights to be there for the surgery and the first night of recovery. The staff was very friendly, the room was huge, and the breakfast was the best mid-priced hotel free breakfast we have ever had. The variety was amazing and the scrambled eggs were delicious - like homemade. Of course, their signature cinnamon rolls were also delicious. We wanted to have a little thank you pizza party for our son's friends who had been helping him out in various ways since he was on crutches and the staff allowed us to use the "breakfast area" one evening. The location was also excellent - close to shopping, eating, and USI.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom G
Curt B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Tom,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, We pride ourselves on the world class service that we provide to every guest every time. My personal favorite are the cinnamon rolls, and with the recent change (May 1st) we have even more great offerings at our breakfast.

I am glad that our staff was able to accomodate your needs for a pizza celebration. We also have a meeting area that can be rented for small fee should anyone wish to have a private party.

Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you on your next visit to Evansville.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express On Circle Front Drive when I was in town for business. After leaving in the morning to visit customers, I found that my car had a flat tire in the parking lot. I went back inside to call Triple A but the receptionist at the front desk suggested calling maintenance to see if they could help first. Jeff from maintenance quickly appeared and offered to help. He aired up my tire enough for me to drive it down the street to the Ford Dealership. The tire was not repairable so I had it replaced. Had Jeff not offered his assistance and I would have called AAA, I would have had to wait for them to arrive and then still had to go to a repair shop after they would have put on my spare. Jeff not only saved me a step and thus saved me valuable time but he was courteous and efficient, even checking to make sure everything went well after i returned with my car. Jeff is an valuable asset to the hotel and part of the reason that I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express on all future visits. Jeff made what could have been a very frustrating experience, a piece of cake!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth H

Thank you for the great review. We here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Evansville East pride ourselves on taking pride in our guest satisfaction. We are always here to extend a hand when a guest is in need, big or small.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and let us know when you will next be in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Courteous staff, large clean room. TV is medium sized, large bathroom, QUIET AIR CONDITIONER/HEATER, room decorated nicely and bed was comfortable. Two free complimentary drink tickets here. Breakfast was OK. Orange juice was out.
Lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M J
Reviewed 25 February 2014

8 of us stayed in two rooms, and we all thought the stay was great! The rooms were nice and clean, beds extremely comfortable (even the pull out bed!), and the free cookies in the lobby when we came in were a pleasant bonus! The morning breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends