“Very Good”

Hampton Inn Evansville Airport
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our overall stay at the hotel was very good. I wasn't too thrilled at being so close to the airport and hearing a few aircraft take off and land, but it was very good overall. My daughter and I checked in and started a conversation with the young lady who checked us in. She attends the university that my daughter and I were going to visit the next day. She was open and honest about her experiences at school. Clearly going above and beyond her duties. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a conference and could not believe that this was a Hampton Inn. It must have been recently redecorated, because the finishes were very attractive and there were numerous nice touches, like small artistic photos outside each room as a means to differentiate and to identify your room other than room number - very clever! The room was equally elegantly appointed and very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Enjoyed my stay very much and recommend this hotel highly!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I'm a Diamond Member with Hilton Honors and I called to ask if I could get a little grace period to cancel my room since my flight was delayed coming out of Philly and wasn't sure I was going to make my connection in Chicago to get to Evansville. The clerk asked her General Manager who told her 'no'. I couldn't believe they wouldn't give me until 7:30 to cancel. Guess I shouldn't have canceled and dealt with it the next day if I got stuck in Chicago. I was just trying to do the right thing since I understand that they cannot hold rooms. I made my connection and searched high and low for a hotel when I got into Evansville, finally ending up at a Comfort Inn ($89 a night and clean). It looked like a nice property when I went in briefly to see if by chance they had any rooms. However, customer service is important to me and I'd rather stay at the Comfort Inn again before staying here.

1  Thank WaterfallsLover
Hampton-Mgmt-Team, General Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for being a Diamond Member and filling out a recent review about your experience with our location. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I personally understand how difficult travel becomes when flights are delayed. Our cancellation policy is 6PM day of arrival. When our hotel is sold out it does become difficult for us to sale the rooms that have been cancelled after 6PM. I am glad to hear our staff helped you find a hotel for the night, once you arrived in Evansville. I would be happy to disscuss a resolution with you to regain your loyalty. We would love to see you back for a second try. Please contact me via email.

Laci Maldonado
lmaldonado@dunnhospitality.com

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spent the weekend there. Hotel was clean and I appreciated all the recycle bins. We were in town to visit the Mesker Zoo and a friend who works there. Hotel was close enough to the zoo, and not too far from the restaurants and mall. The desk clerk recommended a place to eat, but was not clear on the directions and we ended up in Henderson, Kentucky, but we found our way. My 11 year old really enjoyed the indoor pool, didn't have time to ask, but I don't think it was treated with chlorine, so we did not have the burning eyes or itchy skin like most pools. Will definitely stay if we visit Evansville again. Also the Halloween treat bags for the kids were a nice touch.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday night for one night. Very friendly helpful staff. Usual Hampton breakfast in a spacious breakfast room that was kept neat and clean. Comfortable beds. We stayed in room 119 right next to a rear side entrance. Easy to unload and access our room but a bit noisy if u r a early to bed person as late night party people came in 11ish and weren't too quiet. Sound seemed to come in our room from the hall easily...no bottom door seal to keep noise out. Otherwise good stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel was well maintained and exceeded my expectations. The employees were very pleasant and helpful. The happy hour and breakfast were great with a lot of choices. We will likely return again and would recommend the hotel to anyone in need of a quick stay.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was the first experience with Hampton Inn Evansville and I will return. The facilities were great, the layout added to my experience, and the little things meant alot. My first night I was in a room that was underneath the AC blower and it kept me up. I asked for a different room and was accommodated. Afterwards...very peaceful. The exercise room was great and the Welcome Hour was a nice touch. The rooms were a very nice size and the bedding was plush. The only thing missing was a small fridge in the room.