“Awesome Experience!”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Effingham, Illinois
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Being a Hilton Honors member we prefer to stay at Hampton/Hilton properties more often. There are times when we avoid them due to cost or lacking closeness to where we would rather be. I used Hilton Honors points to redeem a reward stay for this location, to be in the Evansville area for shopping. We arrived a little early for the check in time. The desk clerk was friendly and greeted me, asked me how I was, and asking what I was in town for. I was promptly checked in and given my key, along with directions to the room. We grabbed our bags and walked the halls. The wife was especially impressed with this property. We both agreed that this hotel is more of Hilton style, than the plain Hampton look. The furnishings and quality are above the norm for Hampton Inn. The rooms are well furnished as well, including a microwave and mini fridge we did not know were going to be in the room. The bathroom actually had a walk in shower, so that is something to keep in mind if you have children or need/expect a bathtub. The bed was comfortable and quiet. We did notice the now and then plane take off and landing noise, which is to be expected. But we were able to sleep without being disturbed. The hotel has recycling and many energy and environmental programs in effect for those who worry about such. We enjoyed the buffet style breakfast which also is much better than a normal Hampton Inn, which has a small selection. The food ranged from eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, sausages, bagels, toast, juices, and several different types of coffee. The breakfast staff were friendly and very attentive. The checkout process was very easy as well. We enjoyed our stay and will put this on top when we visit the area again!

The only down is the access to and from the hotel. If you are leaving South on Highway 41 you have to cross the 2 Southbound lanes to the center median and merge in. If you are coming South on Highway 41 to the hotel you have to cross the two lanes going Northbound to get to the hotel. There are no traffic lights at the entrance. Its really a minor inconvenience but can be dangerous if you are not used to it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I travel a lot, always stay at Hilton properties and usually use HGI's but this Hampton Inn was VERY nice. It was either remodeled or just built, the lobby was very welcoming and the meeting and eating area was multifunctional with several TV's and places to sit and talk or work. Clean, Modern, Friendly atmosphere. I will stay at this one again.

Southeast WI
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This Hampton Inn was terrific. The front desk was phenomenal, the sheriff's deputy that ensured safety in the lobby for the weekend was polite and refreshing to chat with, and the atmosphere was perfect. We were in town for a soccer tournament and this location was nicely located near the fields. Breakfast was hot, fresh and always filled. The pool was terrific for the kids and the rooms were quiet.

There were many places to sit quietly other than the room or main lobby. The main lobby seemed like a great gathering place for the teams and others who just wanted to get out of the rooms.

Holland, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This room does not have all the amenities of the other rooms and that was not clearly communicated up front. When this was brought to the attention of the hotel staff, nothing was done to make this right. I would stay again if I had to, but was disappointed with the way this situation was handled. It's as if they this that hearing impaired people don't need fridges or microwave.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton-Mgmt-Team, General Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dale,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor impression we made during your recent stay with us. Please know that we value each of our guests and do our best to ensure a quality stay every time. We welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Laci Maldonado
812-464-1010
lmaldonado@dunnhospitality.com
New Albany, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our overall stay at the hotel was very good. I wasn't too thrilled at being so close to the airport and hearing a few aircraft take off and land, but it was very good overall. My daughter and I checked in and started a conversation with the young lady who checked us in. She attends the university that my daughter and I were going to visit the next day. She was open and honest about her experiences at school. Clearly going above and beyond her duties. Thank you!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a conference and could not believe that this was a Hampton Inn. It must have been recently redecorated, because the finishes were very attractive and there were numerous nice touches, like small artistic photos outside each room as a means to differentiate and to identify your room other than room number - very clever! The room was equally elegantly appointed and very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Enjoyed my stay very much and recommend this hotel highly!

Jersey Shore
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I'm a Diamond Member with Hilton Honors and I called to ask if I could get a little grace period to cancel my room since my flight was delayed coming out of Philly and wasn't sure I was going to make my connection in Chicago to get to Evansville. The clerk asked her General Manager who told her 'no'. I couldn't believe they wouldn't give me until 7:30 to cancel. Guess I shouldn't have canceled and dealt with it the next day if I got stuck in Chicago. I was just trying to do the right thing since I understand that they cannot hold rooms. I made my connection and searched high and low for a hotel when I got into Evansville, finally ending up at a Comfort Inn ($89 a night and clean). It looked like a nice property when I went in briefly to see if by chance they had any rooms. However, customer service is important to me and I'd rather stay at the Comfort Inn again before staying here.

1 Thank WaterfallsLover
Hampton-Mgmt-Team, General Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for being a Diamond Member and filling out a recent review about your experience with our location. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I personally understand how difficult travel becomes when flights are delayed. Our cancellation policy is 6PM day of arrival. When our hotel is sold out it does become difficult for us to sale the rooms that have been cancelled after 6PM. I am glad to hear our staff helped you find a hotel for the night, once you arrived in Evansville. I would be happy to disscuss a resolution with you to regain your loyalty. We would love to see you back for a second try. Please contact me via email.

Laci Maldonado