Courtyard Evansville East
US$133
US$127
US$80
US$75
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville(Evansville)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$131
US$122
US$113
US$105
All reviewsfire pitmarriott hotelsfront deskexcellent place to staynice joblooked niceboth morningsadjoining roomslounge areaeasy accessstaff was friendly and helpfulbed was comfortablenice hotelrestaurants within walking distanceresidence inncomfortable staybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We like to have a get-away weekend in Evansville several times a year, so we have stayed in many different motels. This was our first stay, but we were impressed from the time we walked in the door with its décor and amenities, such as a mini "store" where alcoholic beverages are even available along with food to prepare in the provided microwave. There were numerous cozy gathering areas and several "tech" units available. I love a new motel, because you know the beds are great--and they were! The glass shower was awesome too. The room had everything you need (fridge, micro, coffeemaker, iron, etc.) and very clean. The Bistro food court had about anything you'd want and generous hours, but it is a separate charge. It would be nice, though, to have some kind of credit or food allowed with your room, for the price you pay. The fitness room looked like it had a good selection, but we didn't use it. The staff was very cheerful from placing the reservation on the phone to check-in and check-out. In fact, we encountered a problem with our reservation because I had mistakenly given the day before as our arrival, but management was very understanding and took care of it. He returned my call promptly, which impressed me. We loved the location being tucked back in where it's quiet with a pond out front. We plan to return to this property more frequently!

Room Tip: We were on the back and by the ice machine. I would ask to be on the front to have a view of the water, personally.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tommy S, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

JLR,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your positive review. We will celebrate your feedback with the team, and we are looking forward to your next getaway to Evansville.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am part of a team that travels +/- 35 weeks out of the year. Needless to say, that gives us an ample opportunity to see the strengths and weaknesses in hotels. In the 10 weeks we stayed at this property (off-and-on), we were extremely pleased with the service we received. Perhaps even more, were loved the fact that the staff was not a stand-off crew that simply exchanged "good mornings" or "good evenings". On many occasions, they would stop what they were doing to have casual conversation. While there were easily a dozen or more people who provided top-notch service, but my failing memory allows me to remember only three names. Kayle and Meredith at the front desk have smiles and personalities that that could melt away even Evansville winter weather. Amanda at The Bistro could not have started my day off any better. She made sure every detail of breakfast was great, and did it all with a very familiar, comfortable style.
Tommy (the GM) repeated to us several times that they focus on what they can control. They want the hotel to be clean and friendly. And they hit the bullseye on both!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Tommy S, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Warrior,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff during your stay. The team works hard to provide the best possible experience for our guests, and I am glad that we had to opportunity to serve you and your team. It was truly our pleasure, and we hope we get the chance to host you again if your travels bring you back to Evansville.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was staying here on business and part of the deal worked out with the hotel was prepaid breakfasts. They gave me a card that listed the number of breakfasts I had received (one for each night I stayed at the hotel).

Somehow, I was still charged for the first breakfast even though I was told it would be free with the card. I was not charged for the other breakfasts I had during my stay.

When I checked-out I saw the charge and told the clerk that it was not correct. She said she took it off my bill and printed out a new receipt for me that did not show it. I thought that was the end of it, but later I received an emailed bill in which the charge was still present.

I'm not sure if it was put in incorrectly by the cashier, or if I was charged for another guests meal, but it is really unacceptable to fraudulently charge people for services.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dashiell L
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Dashiell L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback with this review. I apologize for the confusion over your breakfast bill. The charge was indeed removed when you brought it to our attention, however the entire transaction (the charge and the subsequent credit) still appear on the bill. I am so sorry that this occured to you during your say. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Evansville and we hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

An unfortunate family crisis brought us to Evansville. We had. a family member at Deaconess Hospital. As a Marriott member I wanted to stay at a Marriott. We tried the Residence Inn first as we had children with us and wanted a kitchenette. That did not work. We first came to this Marriott on our first night and was not treated very well by the person at the desk that night so decided to go to Fairfield Inn. We came back to the Courtyard on our last night because we wanted to let our girls swim. They are ages 4 and 5. After a long ride from Chicago and many hours of just waiting at the hospital we felt they deserved a little fun. Unfortunately for us the pool was in very bad shape, not only was the heated pool cold, obviously there are no rules at this pool. That day there was a lot of older kids and adults at the pool. The kids were being way to wild for an indoor hotel pool. They were running, jumping, screaming, diving, running over the smaller children. The adults were no better. I have never seen anything like it. Needless to say we had to finally take our children and leave. When we complained at the front desk we were told "It does get a little rowdy on the weekends" really? I'm all for kids having fun but when the other guests are run over and run out then you've gone to far. Will hopefully never be back again and if so will not stay at any of these Marriott properties.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank franki w
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Franki,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. I am so sorry that your girls did not have a fun time in our pool, and I apologize that we did not monitor it closely enough to prevent that situation from occuring. We would like to make it up to you, so please contact me at (812) 424-4242 so we can make things right for you and your daughters.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel with a convenient location. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. In fact, every employee we met (from front desk to restaurant to housekeeping) were very friendly. The hotel was clean.

The rooms were comfortable with lots of outlets.They also have a small refrigerator which we found convenient. We had a great view over the small lake in from of the hotel. The bistro was perfect for our needs. We had wine one afternoon and a light late night sandwich. Despite the small wine list we thought it was decent and the sandwich was very good.

When we first arrived, we were helped by a nice man who paused when he was nearing the end of checking us in and explained that it was his first day and he wanted to make sure he got everything right. A woman helped him finish the process but I was very impressed with this. I had a similar experience about a year ago at a very expensive hotel on the west coast where the trainer didn't bother checking the new employees work and it caused all kinds of problems for us. To me this indicates very competent management.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SLM78, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.