“Pleasant Surprise”

Le Merigot at Tropicana
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very enjoyable stay with a great location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was contemporary, bathroom amazing and the showers just as nice as everyone has written. Clever concealment of the toilet. HOwever, when sitting on that very toilet, I saw dental floss pics piled up under the sink which was a little troubling making me wonder how clean the rest of the room was. Included breakfast was nice as was the setting. Would have liked a swimming pool in a hotel of this stature.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for posting a review about LeMerigot at Tropicana. We appreciate the comments as it's truly the only way we can gauge our success. I have shared your experience with our housekeeping team as a reminder of the importance of our standards. We appreciate you as our guest and hope to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Le Merigot at Tropicana

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Initial impressions very good , they have the tripadvisor rating showing in reception which means they care , the room was as requested quiet and away from any noise . There were a few minor niggles I had as someone that travels a lot typically in big cities.
1. The bar and food closed at 11pm , I got in at 10.55pm which meant my evening meal was a twix and a bottle water . Have not stayed in a hotel for a long time where this occurred.
2. The pillows had a funny smell to them , damp like but I know the rooms were all full so cannot think the room had not been used ( and they were not the greatest pillows)
3. On the second day about 4pm i had to go and ask someone to come and make up my room as it had not been done . Someone did come but judging by the bed I assume it was a fast clean up . If the bed looks like I made it then I know there is room for improvement :-)
4. impossible to get hot water from the tap in the bathroom in the morning , first morning 6.30am freezing , second day 7.15am tepid ( i tried at 4pm in the afternoon it was hot , and the shower was always hot . Its not fun shaving in cold water.
5. The AC unit though better than most was still quite noisy for a quiet sleeper like me I was woken frequently in the night by the thump of this unit switching on and off.

A big positive was the buffet breakfast lots of choice , hot and professionally maintained byt the staff who overall were very friendly.

So minor niggles I am sure in Evansville this is one of the better hotels I can only provide my thoughts as a seasoned traveller that though good there is room for improvement

Room Tip: I think most of the roms wioll be good judt the normal request to have a quiet room if your a light...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience was. We truly appreciate your comments. We do care and want to make every guest feel welcomed and valued.
I have reminded our team that although Blush may close at 11pm on weeknights, we have several other options available for late night dining. I have shared your experience with our team as a reminder of the standards as service levels we strive to achieve. I will continue to use your experience as a training tool. Thank you again for being our guest and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

When I first saw the lobby, I was impressed by its elegance. I felt the same way about the room, though I had a moment of confusion when I walked into the bathroom and didn't see the toilet. It is tastefully hidden behind frosted glass doors, and there is a phone next to it just in case one can't possibly wait to make a phone call. The bathroom also contained the best shower I have ever used, great-smelling bath products, and flattering lighting. The bed was clean and comfy, and the room came equipped with the softest robe imaginable. My only complaints about the room are that the sheer curtain in front of the window was dirty, and I didn't like that the coffee service was in the bathroom and the paper cups were not wrapped in plastic. The staff was friendly and the hotel stay included a free adequate continental breakfast. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary W
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate guests taking the time to complete a survey/review. It helps us know what we are doing well and if there is something we can do better. I have shared your experience and comments with our team. Thank you again for being our guest, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights for business. Room and bathroom were clean. I would have preferred my water glasses and coffee cups had been sealed in plastic or covered, rather than turned upside down on a paper coaster. The shower was like a car wash for humans. Nice treat.

Despite the impressive decor of Blush, the bar and lounge visible from the lobby, the lobby itself is cold and unceremoniously appointed.

The staff was courteous. I asked for extra coffee and creamers for my room and it arrived immediately, so I cannot complain about service.

The breakfast included fresh cut melons, strawberries, and grapefruit, whole fruits, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, and typical mix of muffins, pastries, and bagels.

I did not go to the connecting casino. There is a Ri Ra's directly across the street with decent pub food and good beer.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank FoodTruthNow
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate the comments and I have shared them with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been to Evansville numerous times for business and in recent years, have opted to stay on the east side instead of downtown. After my last visit to the Aztar hotel and the lack of restaurant selections (that are open) in downtown, I just thought the short drive out east was worth it. This trip I decided to stay downtown at Le Merigot based on a coworker's recommendation and I was not disappointed. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff was professional and courteous. The room was pretty good size and had a large bath with the nice rainforest shower. I did not try the Blush restaurant, but probably would have if I were in town for more than one night. Since I was only there for one night, it really did not matter much, but it would have been nice if they would put a mini fridge in the rooms and the wall mounted flat screen seemed very far away from the bed and I had to keep turning the volume up. I was worried that the neighboring room would be disturbed by the noise. While I am not a casino gambler and I still do not think there are enough restaurant choices downtown, I will certainly consider staying at Le Merigot again on my next visit to Evansville.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cincytripper

Thank you for posting your review about LeMerigot. It is truly appreciated. Reviews are an additional way we learn how we are doing. I have shared you comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back. We are researching your idea of having refrigerators in all our rooms. In the meantime, we have them available on request. Just mention it the next you are making your reservation. Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed here for five nights on business trip. Was very impressed with this hotel! Rooms are spacious and updated. Bathrooms are large with nice, spa-like showers. Continental breakfast was nice, and staff did a nice job of keeping items stocked. Like other reviewers, adding one or two hot proteins would be a plus. Enjoyed the Blush bar for happy hour; bartenders were friendly. Beds are nice and very comfortable. Look forward to staying again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kathmeyer
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate guests taking the time to complete a survey or review. It helps us know what we are good at and what we could improve on. I have share your compliments about our Blush team with our Beverage Manager. Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Casino Aztar is a hole - it's not a great Casino and the Casino hotel is horrible and dated. But right next door is Le Merigot - great rooms, way nicer than you'd expect in Evansville. Nice bar, friendly front desk. Definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank TravelingFool67
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your loyalty and comments. I will make sure to share them with our team. You may not know that our Casino Aztar Hotel recently completed a multi-millikon dollar renovation. As you mentioned, the hotel needed it. Tropicana has made sure that all the rooms were completely renovated. New furniture, fixtures, bedding, and brand new bathrooms! We are in the process of re-branding Casino Aztar to Tropicana Evansville. Our Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is actually this Friday, June 14th. We are very excited about the changes with our sister hotel and look forward to an exciting future as Tropicana Evansville. Please check out our website. Thanks again. We look forward to welcoming you back.