Le Merigot at Tropicana
US$74
Courtyard Evansville East(Evansville)
US$134
US$124
WoodSpring Suites Evansville(Evansville)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$64
US$98
US$91
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville(Evansville)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
Agoda.com
US$121
US$112
US$131
US$122
All reviewscontinental breakfastirish pubboutique hotelevery directiontropicana casinobeautiful hotelhard boiled eggsrestaurant choicesfourth floorflat screen tvfresh fruitlarge roomford centerup to datenon smokingstaff was friendlystayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

If you have read any other reviews you know the showers are fantastic and they are but the towels are like sand paper. Also, I have stayed here for years and this will be my last time. Highest priced hotel by far in Evansville and you would think that when you leave in the morning they could at least have the rooms cleaned when you return at 3:30. "Manager" is in hallway with two cleaning staff, who have the hallway blocked with their carts, apparently having a disagreement about something. When they see me standing there trying to get to my room all of a sudden everything is fine. Well it wasn't. I told them to just forget about cleaning the room and at a high priced hotel like this you would think you could have the rooms cleaned by 3:30. At that point the "manager" glares at me and curtly informs me that cleaning crew is here until 4:00. Other than the showers and the convenience to the casino there is NOTHING to justify or command the prices that this hotel charges. For the money there are alot newer and nicer hotels on the east side.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Doug H
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thank you for your most recent review of LeMerigot. Again, we apologize for the poor service you received. As you mentioned, this was not your first stay with and you know that we are better than this. You are correct; we are the most expensive hotel in the area. We didn't live up to your expectations, or ours, and that's why we adjusted your account when the failure was discovered. We have shared your experience with our housekeeping team as an example of the importance of cleaning rooms in a timely manner. We appreciate you as a guest and hope to have the chance to welcome you back. I hope that you will take the opportunity to reach out to me so that I may assist you with your next visit to Evansville.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My hometown is Evansville, IN, but I never knew E-town had such a lovely boutique hotel with a gorgeous view of the Ohio River. In October, my family and I visited Evansville to enjoy the Westside's Fall Festival (which is the second largest street festival in the U.S.A.; Mardi Gras in New Orleans has the largest street festival.) My daughter booked Le Merigot for our family of ten. We LOVE this hotel. We could jog the paved paths along the river; sit by the fire pit outside and have a drink in the evening; enjoy a sunset over the Ohio; walk to the tour of the LST anchored just around the bend; ride the shuttle to and from the festival; and have the best shower and sleep ever when we returned to the hotel. The great showers in this hotel were a joke between us b/c the multiple jets/rain shower head and spaciousness of the showers were what we discussed most of the time. We said we'd return to Le Merigot - just to take another shower there. (-:

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end if you want a river view. We had four rooms (all in different locations) and all of the rooms were quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beth E
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate the wonderful comments. We are perfectly located in downtown Evansville, across the street from the river and close to local attractions. We are glad that we were able to enhance your family reunion and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Evansville does not have that many quality hotels and for sure Le Merigot is then the best option. Lobby is good, breakfast is just oke, minor point is the limited number of "normal" tables to sit on.
The rooms are good, comfortable bed, the bathroom is nice. The only disadvantage is that the door does not isolate the sound coming from the hallway.
They offer a shuttle bus service, which is convenient, it takes you from and to the airport. Would be great if they also offer you to bring to the shopping mall as there are no stores in the direct area.
Staff is friendly, from bus driver, to cleaning lady to front desk.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback. We want to be the best hotel in Evansville. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I spent 7 days total at the hotel, checking in was "cold" no welcome, no smiles but went OK, the rooms offer lots of space, o plus is a really nice rain type shower, room was always clean, the bigger TV set though is not impressive as it is rather small. The hotel is very conveniently located and thought I was not attracted to the casino next to it, there are enough choices for restaurants or bars close by. I used room service once, it was quick and very good. The breakfast buffet is plentiful thought hot options are not, my only breakfast dislike is the fact that you seat to eat in a bar setting (couches, small tables, bar counter). Overall very nice hotel, will definitively consider it for a next stay

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us achieve our goal of making LeMerigot the best hotel in Evansville. Thank for your comments and please know that I will be sharing them with our team. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very enjoyable stay with a great location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was contemporary, bathroom amazing and the showers just as nice as everyone has written. Clever concealment of the toilet. HOwever, when sitting on that very toilet, I saw dental floss pics piled up under the sink which was a little troubling making me wonder how clean the rest of the room was. Included breakfast was nice as was the setting. Would have liked a swimming pool in a hotel of this stature.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for posting a review about LeMerigot at Tropicana. We appreciate the comments as it's truly the only way we can gauge our success. I have shared your experience with our housekeeping team as a reminder of the importance of our standards. We appreciate you as our guest and hope to welcome you back.