“Good choice near dining, entertainment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Merigot at Tropicana

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Merigot at Tropicana
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Cooper City, Florida
“Good choice near dining, entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This hotel is by the river near the Tropicana casino and several restaurant/night clubs. We were here during the week on business so it was pretty quiet. I understand its very busy on weekends. The rooms are modern and nicely appointed. The showers are excellent with circular jets. Beds were comfortable with nice linens. They have a breakfast buffet that is just OK but it was free. Location is an attraction if you want to gamble on the stationary riverboat or hit the clubs. Convenient location downtown. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We appreciate the compliments as we strive to be the best hotel in the Tri-State. We are conveniently located downtown and offer several dining and entertainment options. We hope that when your travels bring you to Evansville, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Marion, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

If you have read any other reviews you know the showers are fantastic and they are but the towels are like sand paper. Also, I have stayed here for years and this will be my last time. Highest priced hotel by far in Evansville and you would think that when you leave in the morning they could at least have the rooms cleaned when you return at 3:30. "Manager" is in hallway with two cleaning staff, who have the hallway blocked with their carts, apparently having a disagreement about something. When they see me standing there trying to get to my room all of a sudden everything is fine. Well it wasn't. I told them to just forget about cleaning the room and at a high priced hotel like this you would think you could have the rooms cleaned by 3:30. At that point the "manager" glares at me and curtly informs me that cleaning crew is here until 4:00. Other than the showers and the convenience to the casino there is NOTHING to justify or command the prices that this hotel charges. For the money there are alot newer and nicer hotels on the east side.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Doug H
Thank you for your most recent review of LeMerigot. Again, we apologize for the poor service you received. As you mentioned, this was not your first stay with and you know that we are better than this. You are correct; we are the most expensive hotel in the area. We didn't live up to your expectations, or ours, and that's why we adjusted your account when the failure was discovered. We have shared your experience with our housekeeping team as an example of the importance of cleaning rooms in a timely manner. We appreciate you as a guest and hope to have the chance to welcome you back. I hope that you will take the opportunity to reach out to me so that I may assist you with your next visit to Evansville.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My hometown is Evansville, IN, but I never knew E-town had such a lovely boutique hotel with a gorgeous view of the Ohio River. In October, my family and I visited Evansville to enjoy the Westside's Fall Festival (which is the second largest street festival in the U.S.A.; Mardi Gras in New Orleans has the largest street festival.) My daughter booked Le Merigot for our family of ten. We LOVE this hotel. We could jog the paved paths along the river; sit by the fire pit outside and have a drink in the evening; enjoy a sunset over the Ohio; walk to the tour of the LST anchored just around the bend; ride the shuttle to and from the festival; and have the best shower and sleep ever when we returned to the hotel. The great showers in this hotel were a joke between us b/c the multiple jets/rain shower head and spaciousness of the showers were what we discussed most of the time. We said we'd return to Le Merigot - just to take another shower there. (-:

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end if you want a river view. We had four rooms (all in different locations) a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Beth E
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate the wonderful comments. We are perfectly located in downtown Evansville, across the street from the river and close to local attractions. We are glad that we were able to enhance your family reunion and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Evansville does not have that many quality hotels and for sure Le Merigot is then the best option. Lobby is good, breakfast is just oke, minor point is the limited number of "normal" tables to sit on.
The rooms are good, comfortable bed, the bathroom is nice. The only disadvantage is that the door does not isolate the sound coming from the hallway.
They offer a shuttle bus service, which is convenient, it takes you from and to the airport. Would be great if they also offer you to bring to the shopping mall as there are no stores in the direct area.
Staff is friendly, from bus driver, to cleaning lady to front desk.
I would recommend this hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback. We want to be the best hotel in Evansville. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Queretaro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I spent 7 days total at the hotel, checking in was "cold" no welcome, no smiles but went OK, the rooms offer lots of space, o plus is a really nice rain type shower, room was always clean, the bigger TV set though is not impressive as it is rather small. The hotel is very conveniently located and thought I was not attracted to the casino next to it, there are enough choices for restaurants or bars close by. I used room service once, it was quick and very good. The breakfast buffet is plentiful thought hot options are not, my only breakfast dislike is the fact that you seat to eat in a bar setting (couches, small tables, bar counter). Overall very nice hotel, will definitively consider it for a next stay

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us achieve our goal of making LeMerigot the best hotel in Evansville. Thank for your comments and please know that I will be sharing them with our team. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very enjoyable stay with a great location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was contemporary, bathroom amazing and the showers just as nice as everyone has written. Clever concealment of the toilet. HOwever, when sitting on that very toilet, I saw dental floss pics piled up under the sink which was a little troubling making me wonder how clean the rest of the room was. Included breakfast was nice as was the setting. Would have liked a swimming pool in a hotel of this stature.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for posting a review about LeMerigot at Tropicana. We appreciate the comments as it's truly the only way we can gauge our success. I have shared your experience with our housekeeping team as a reminder of the importance of our standards. We appreciate you as our guest and hope to welcome you back.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Initial impressions very good , they have the tripadvisor rating showing in reception which means they care , the room was as requested quiet and away from any noise . There were a few minor niggles I had as someone that travels a lot typically in big cities.
1. The bar and food closed at 11pm , I got in at 10.55pm which meant my evening meal was a twix and a bottle water . Have not stayed in a hotel for a long time where this occurred.
2. The pillows had a funny smell to them , damp like but I know the rooms were all full so cannot think the room had not been used ( and they were not the greatest pillows)
3. On the second day about 4pm i had to go and ask someone to come and make up my room as it had not been done . Someone did come but judging by the bed I assume it was a fast clean up . If the bed looks like I made it then I know there is room for improvement :-)
4. impossible to get hot water from the tap in the bathroom in the morning , first morning 6.30am freezing , second day 7.15am tepid ( i tried at 4pm in the afternoon it was hot , and the shower was always hot . Its not fun shaving in cold water.
5. The AC unit though better than most was still quite noisy for a quiet sleeper like me I was woken frequently in the night by the thump of this unit switching on and off.

A big positive was the buffet breakfast lots of choice , hot and professionally maintained byt the staff who overall were very friendly.

So minor niggles I am sure in Evansville this is one of the better hotels I can only provide my thoughts as a seasoned traveller that though good there is room for improvement

Room Tip: I think most of the roms wioll be good judt the normal request to have a quiet room if your a light...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience was. We truly appreciate your comments. We do care and want to make every guest feel welcomed and valued.
I have reminded our team that although Blush may close at 11pm on weeknights, we have several other options available for late night dining. I have shared your experience with our team as a reminder of the standards as service levels we strive to achieve. I will continue to use your experience as a training tool. Thank you again for being our guest and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.