Homelife Studio & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville(Evansville)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$139
  • Pool
US$155
US$122
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in this facility over Labor Day weekend, having stayed here five years ago and that visit being excellent. We were quickly disappointed this time. We had asked for a nonsmoking room, which we received, but upon entering the room we could definitely smell that someone had smoked in there. We brought our things in from the car, turned on the room air conditioner (the temperature outside was close to 100 degrees). The room was facing west, drapes open, and air conditioner had not been on all day. Room was almost as hot as outside. We left for dinner, to give the a/c ample time to start cooling down the room. We came back about 2 hours later and the room was still hot and extremely humid. Management allowed us to move to the room next door. The a/c worked very well in that room.

They do *not* have wifi in the rooms, but do provide ethernet cables. I plugged it in to my laptop computer and there was NO connection to the internet. I inquired of the front desk person who said no password was necessary. She also commented that the hotel's computer in the lobby was available for guests to use, or I could bring my laptop to the lobby and use wifi there. The lobby computer also would not connect to the internet, and she mentioned that even her laptop computer would not connect with the wifi and her work computer was 'slow.' We ended up going to Starbucks to use their wifi.

Around 12:30 a.m., a severe thunderstorm came through. The power in *half* our room went out. The a/c, vanity sink lights (outside of bathroom), and kitchen still had power. All other lights, including bathroom, and TV were not working. This remained an issue for our entire stay (2 nights). We inquired of management on day 2 about the status of electricity coming back on since it had come back on in the rest of Evansville. We were told that lightning had struck the building directly and parts for repair would not be available until Tuesday, after Labor Day.

We were out all day the second day of our stay there. When we returned to the room that night, housekeeping had not been in to service our room. I went over to the lobby to ask for clean towels and mentioned our room had not been serviced. The clerk said housekeeping only comes in every third day. I'm okay with this but it would have been nice to have been told this upon check in, or to have a sign in the room stating such.

The neighborhood is starting to deteriorate a little and as I was walking to the lobby to get the towels, a police officer walked into the lobby ahead of me. The clerk was reporting a domestic situation involving some guests.

This facility has so much potential. The rates are fantastic (as they were five years ago when we stayed there). I do not know, but it is my impression that the ownership of this location has changed. It is definitely not as nice or as clean as it was previously. It has not degraded so much that it cannot be brought back up. There are many restaurants nearby, it is convenient to the expressway and shopping.

The facility has a nice pool and patio area, but we did not use either.

They offer a continental breakfast in the lobby from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m., but not much variety from what hubby told me. I follow a gluten-free diet, so brought my own food.

Room Tip: In the summer time, you might ask for a room that faces east.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindeemc
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I am a platinum member and stay an average of 200 nights per year at Intercontinental properties.
This facility is old and far from Evansville. When I checked in the reception person was watching TV in the breakfast area and seemed not very happy to see us. He wasn't sure if there was an ice machine on the 2nd floor. I called to ask why the TV remote wasn't working and he wasn't sure of the problem which I finally figured out on my own. I wanted the latest possible checkout (day early because of noise) and latest they would give was 2:00pm. I have had managers extend courtesy late checkouts as late as 5:00pm but they would not bend here. Occupancy was quite low so that should not have been a problem. My main complaint with this property was management. They just don't seem to care. Never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank travelagent1015
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My family enjoyed the stay here. Our check-in process was fast and accurate. Friendly front desk staff that help with questions about local food, shopping and other events. The Suite was clean and in great shape; a great value for the price. Highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Janell-B82
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Has changed names to Homelife Suites or Home Suites in the last month. Its a 2 star motel and fair. It's an older property so shows a little wear on the carpet and furniture. Reasonably clean. Loud air conditioner but not much worse than the standard window units at this type of hotel. I unfortunately got the room in the middle which meant walking up the stairs on the far end and then back to my room but no big deal. The price was reasonable however and that is what gives it an average rating. Staff was friendly and they had a good layout for dinner (grilled chicken, baked beans, potato salad, chips and drinks. For a one night stay over and a single person it's okay wouldn't take the family there.

Room Tip: Get one close to the ends of the buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Was in town visiting friends and decided to stay at HomeLife because of its proximity to shops & restaurants. Room was very clean, bed very comfy, staff was very welcoming & nice. Best value for the money! Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends