“Nice Dog Friendly Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Evansville
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was better than I had expected. I booked here because it's dog friendly. The hotel is kind of back in a business park, and has lots of grassy areas to walk the dog. The bathroom was clean, but on the small side. Bedding was clean, but the skirts had a couple tears in them and the plastic on the box spring was hanging out. Didn't really bother me because I assumed it's a "dog" room. Things happen. The only thing that actually bothered me is that as far as I could figure out, the TV did not have a guide, so you had to scroll old school.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Trying to be objective with this review will be difficult. We booked a Friday and Saturday stay. We were greeted warmly. The room was nice They had a good breakfast. The bed was comfortable. The shower was great. Unfortunately, on this stay, the motel was over run with young kids at a soccer tournament. Also, unfortunately, the coach's preschool kids were allowed to run up and down the halls and stairs, and all over the room above us late into the evening and it started up again in the morning. When I was told that the same family would be in the room above us Saturday, and that they did not have another room to move us to, we checked out. Fortunately, had a very good experience at another motel in the area that was also hosting soccer tournament players.

Room Tip: If you book on a weekend, call them to see if any youth groups are staying that weekend. If so, go s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We go away a lot of weekend soccer tournaments and we usually stay at HIE but this hotel had a better rating on Tripadvisor for Evansville hotels so decided to try it. I also liked the price - which was a lot lower. For the price, it was just okay - you get what you pay for. The rooms, while larger than average, are outdated and worn - missing tiles, peeling paint, etc. Very thin walls - we heard everything in the room next door through our bedroom wall. The sofa bed was way too thin and bumpy - I needed to use 3 blankets as a mattress cover for my kids. The main king bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was just okay. The blankets had old cigarette burn holes in them. The staff was polite although they make you go down to the check-in desk to get bed linens for the pull out sofa. I will definitely go back to staying at HIE - even if rated lower.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here one night and had overall good experience. Need to say first, that the hotel was a great deal. 2 room 2 queen suite (2 tvs) with sofa bed (very old) for right at $100. And on certain days for under. Space of room was excellent. Second room, however, was divided by glass french doors=not much extra privacy... if you care. Cleanliness was acceptable. Not dirty, but could be better. Could hear a little highway noise, but ended up having a great night sleep. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was typical, basic and free. Is this the best hotel I have ever stayed in? No, but for the price, I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked the room the morning of and really took it because the price was right on short notice. Upon arrival was promptly greeted by a great staff. We checked in early and were given a room immediately, which was a shock because we got there before 1pm. Room was great, staff was pleasant and breakfast hit the spot.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face the interstate but you couldn't hear it on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigMike_Da_Wineaux
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The experience with this property was a bit bizarre. It started with check-in: I was running late and needed to check in quickly so I could get ready for a dinner meeting. The desk clerk was just starting to check me in when he took a phone call from someone wanting rate information so I stood there and stood there... Finally, the clerk saw that I was getting agitated and put the caller on hold. He was nice enough through the rest of the check-in process...

I don't think the hotel was anywhere near full occupancy but I was assigned a "handicap" room. The bathroom had a tiny vanity and one dim fluorescent light. The room somewhat clean, I guess - but there were candy wrappers on the floor underneath the desk. The bizarre part was that most all of the lamps were unplugged. I also discovered that the in-room refrigerator was unplugged after I placed beverages in it to cool down for later -- needless to say I learned the hard way that the fridge was unplugged too. Even the phone cords to the in-room phones were unplugged. And, on top of it all -- the "sleep setting" for the TV didn't work and the in-room clock was about 80 minutes off from the actual time. All of this gave me an uneasy feeling.

Another bizarre thing: the second night, when I pulled back the bedsheets to cash out, I found a towel in the bed -- still damp from the morning shower.

Two other things: I could hear the footsteps from the people occupying the room above me -- all night long on the second night of my stay. And the 'free breakfast' was the standard fare of a one or two star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank indeaugie
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Checked out of La Quinta this morning after an extended stay. First, the staff was amazing! They were always smiling and friendly. Over the course of some time I came to know almost every staff member and they are all wonderful. As a hotel the rooms are spacious and clean, the internet is fast and reliable, and the breakfast offers a great variety. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay and I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. I want to thank the staff for such a great time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business