“Tiny outdated suites and way overpriced”

Residence Inn Evansville East
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Location was next to trashy apartments...shady characters walking around hotel. Appliances, furniture, and decor from the 70s or 80s...horrific pricing at $140/night

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for the night on a recent business trip to Evansville. It is pretty typical of most Residence Inn facilities which I consider the best value in the Marriott Family. They did have an excellent social hour with food catered by Cheeseburger Cheeseburger. The hotel is also close to numerous dining options as well as Bar Louie. In short, great location, great place to stay and a great value. This is a good hotel option for overnight travel to Evansville.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I recently re-located to the Evansville area and am now on night number 11 of 14 at the Residence Inn Evansville East due to the fact that my apartment is not yet available. I have no issues with the quality of the room and I have stayed in many Marriott hotels namely in Minneapolis, New York City, Colorado Springs, DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. Obviously, this is a Residence Inn and does not even come close to a Courtyard or the flagship JW, but I feel rather confident stating that the rooms are up to the standards of Marriott regardless; comfortable and clean. The positives about this hotel are the front desk staff (always very friendly and helpful) and complimentary breakfast (even though the food is sort of sub-par). The reason for the overall rating of average is because I have NEVER stayed in a noisier, more obnoxious place. I have travelled all over, domestically and internationally, and I am well aware of the fact that one has to contend with doors slamming, etc. That is sometimes life in a hotel. however, this place takes it to another level. There are rug rats everywhere and it repeatedly sounds like a heard of buffalo stampeding through the halls above me, causing everything to literally vibrate. The walls here are sooooo fricking thin I hear people flushing toilets, getting out of bed, walking around, slamming doors, running up and down the stairs, and making general amounts of noise at all hours of the day. This past week, it was 2:00 AM that someone was clomping around above me. I thought they were going to fall through the floor! Further, there is some general riff-raff present, smoking cigarettes wherever they please and knocking on doors that are not their own; namely, my door. At $199 per night I thought this wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, given the area, this really IS the best place to stay since some of the other extended stay options I investigated weren't really options at all. If you choose to stay here, I suggest you request a room on the third level and bring some ear plugs just in case.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I went here, never stayed in a residents Inn b4 we have stayed in many hotels across the nation and let me tell you this one for the price is nice I would stay there again It was clean and cozy If I owned one this is how I would want mine to be or better but over all it was great so anybody looking 4 a nice hotel stay here @ the Residents Inn by Marriott its behind Texas Roadhouse

Room Tip: The rooms have fire places that was cool I would get the cheapest room there all the same look
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Under the old management I was always welcome and the manager always accomadated my dates and rate throughout the entire year. Since new managment has taken over I can't even get a room there. In May 2011 I was told no rooms were available yet two fellow employees were accomodated. I am a Platinum Elite Marriot Rewards member! The two gentlemen who did get accomodations at this hotel, during this same time, were referred there by me!Platinum Elite is just a marketing scheme, right!? It means absolutely nothing.
I enjoy Marriot locations so well and will continue to stay with them whenever possible, this hotel included. I want to give credit also where due. The entire staff, management, front desk, maintenance and housekeeping are very pleasent and friendly and the evening social time is very well organized and planned. My stays here over the past 4 years have been excellent experiences overall. I can only guess, but I suppose the new management is setting the tone for the future. I want it to be clear that I am writing this review based on the fact that I could not get a room for a business trip earlier this year. The overall rating is from previous stays.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My girlfriend and I booked a room for Labor Day weekend through a rather well-known hotel reservation website. In that website's description of the location it noted they had jetted tubs in the rooms. Upon arrival we found that they didn't have spa tubs in any of the rooms. It was past time that we could cancel the reservation so we just decided to live with it and make use of the spa in the pool area. After we ventured out and purchased swimsuits we found out that the spa was out of order - the heater wasn't working, and there was no sign in the pool area indicating that it was out of order. We brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk who responded that they had been having problems with it all week and that they "had a work order in to get it fixed". One would have thought they would have had that repaired before a holiday weekend. We also later found that our room was less than clean. There was a layer of dust in the lesser-used areas of the room, the microwave hadn't been cleaned, and there were hairs in the tub from a previous occupant. The last straw was when we got back home we found that we had been double-charged for the room - once by the website and once by the property itself! Apparently the desk clerk that checked us in didn't know how to handle a pre-paid confirmation number from the website and ran the charges against our card a second time. The one shining light in all of this was that the free breakfast was good; everything was fresh and the hot foods were kept rotated so they didn't get stale. Unfortunately, one good thing doesn't make up for a stack of bad things. We have contacted the manager of the property and they have promised to refund our charges in light of the problems we had, but in the future I'll be looking for somewhere else when we go to Evansville for a weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We traveled to Evansville for an overnight stay before going to the LST Memorial the following morning. My wife and I, our 19-month-old daughter, and my 78-year-old dad (who served on an LST in the Korean War) shared a one-bedroom suite.

The hotel is bit tucked away, off the main exit behind some restaurants. We actually couldn't see it coming from the north on I-164. If this is your first visit to the hotel, I recommend taking directions.

We experienced a very warm welcome and quick check-in at the desk. I noticed right away it was a busy evening as people were using all the hotel's amenities - pool, fitness room, even the grill outside. We opted to settle in our room to let our daughter play and order in pizza. Had we wanted to venture out, it was a short walk to Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and a short drive to about anything else we might have wanted.

The room was what I've come to expect from this chain. Roomy, clean, and filled with features that help when traveling with a toddler. We were able to make her dinner with the in-room microwave and stored her milk in the full-size fridge. When it came time for her to go to bed, we put her in the bedroom in her crib and relaxed in the living area of the room.

We were among the first to breakfast the next morning. Again, it was what I've come to expect from the chain. All the standard continental breakfast options were present along with a small hot food selection (eggs, biscuits, sausage, gravy) and a waffle maker. After breakfast we took a walk around the small pond outside the hotel and let our daughter visit the ducks living there.

We took advantage of the noon checkout and got a quick nap before heading to the LST. Overall, another good experience from a reliable chain that suits our family needs better than other selections.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank desert_red
EVVRI, Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you so much for your comments! I am happy that you were able to see the LTS before it goes on tour. Please come back and stay with us again!

Kaylee Kuehnast