“The renovated Drury!”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
louisville
“The renovated Drury!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

I chose this hotel because of the location. It just a few blocks from the by-pass and I wanted my stay to be convenient for my trip. I was very surprised and very pleased with the completed renovations. Our room was clean and fresh. It had been completely updated, with new furniture, carpet, bathroom fixtures and flat screen televisions. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast and hospitality evening are still par for a Drury but very acceptable. I would recommend to anyone and would stay here again.

• Liked — new renovations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2008

We stayed there four nights in late February, 2008. The hotel is going through a MAJOR renovation. The breakfast area and lobby are completely closed off to guests. Breakfast and evening drinks are served in a conference room next to the indoor pool. Breakfast was hot, but nothing special. The food wasn't very good.
The third and fourth floors are closed during the renovation and the construction crews was always in the way. They used the guest elevator to haul building materials and left quite a mess.
The room we had on the fifth floor was newly renovated and very nice. It looked like everything was new and still smelled like fresh paint and new carpet. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The pillows are thick and the sheets are soft. The plasma TV have more cable channels than you would expect in a chain hotel. The free wireless internet was fast and reliable. The bath room was roomy, but lacked any name brand products. The only bath products they provided was a no-name shampoo and two bars of soap.
There are several other chain hotels in the area. I''ll probably stay somewhere else next time I visit Evansville.

• Liked — The beds are very comfortable. Newly renovated rooms.
  • Disliked — Cheap bath products. Free breakfast wasn't very good.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2007

This past weekend I stayed at the Drury Inn/Suites East on Crosspoint in Evansville, IN. My room was on the sixth floor and even though it stated it was a non-smoking room, it obviously had been at one time as it reaked of smoke. The carpet had stains everywhere and the wallpaper was coming off of the walls. Above our bed in the corners of the ceiling, it was flaking and looked like it could cave in at any time. The chairs were stained and very wore. And of cource the bedspread had stains all over it. The bathroom was tiny, you could barely turn around in it.
I expect much more from Drury as their rates are not cheap. I probably could have had a nicer room at a Super 8 or Days Inn. In the past year, I have stayed in 4 Drury Inn/Suites in different states. 3 out of 4 have been bad experienes. This was the final straw, I will be looking for a different hotel chain.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
Mt. Juliet, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2006

The irony is that I've earned enough Gold Key points for several free nights at Drury Inns, but in the meantime their standards have declined to the point that I don't want to stay there anymore. We should have known something was up when the free in-room Pepsi and popcorn disappeared. That's no big deal, but it indicates how the owners are cutting corners to save money. Now that's showing up in worn-out bedspreads, pillows, and mattresses.

My "non-smoking" room smelled so strongly of cigarette smoke that I woke up in the middle of the night with sinus trouble. I don't think it is coming from other rooms, as another reviewer suggested, but from previous guests who have smoked in disregard of the restriction.

Evansville had heavy rains on the first night of my most recent stay, which caused the adjacent man-made lakes to overflow and flood the parking lot. I had to wade through several inches of water to reach my car.

I've stayed at this location three or four times per year for the past three years or so, but I'll be looking for another hotel the next time I visit the area on business.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank lightbreadman
Southern Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2005

This is a nice hotel. Our room was big, clean & well-appointed. We stayed on the far end of the 3rd floor, and could hear a fan motor running all night below us. When I complained the next morning, the clerk told me it was probably the furnace/AC motor that was below our room. She said they would have it checked out because I was the 2nd person within a week to complain about that. Other than that, the stay was good. The free breakfast was worth it, sausage, eggs, biscuits, more than just a continental breakfast. I understand they have cocktails in the late afternoon, but we weren't there at that time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank gigatt
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2005

Drury has two locations in Evansville. I chose this location because it is within walking distance of a number of restaurant chains and, frankly, I believe it is a bit nicer than their north location. The North location is closer to the Evansville airport but is more "truck-stoppish" (if you know what I mean).

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip and I always look for hotels that offer free web access which this (and I believe all Drury's) does. Not only do they offer free DSL but free long distance (60 minutes per day). The room was clean and comfortable which is my main criteria. They offer free buffet breakfast with a reasonable selection of items. It's approximtely 10 to 15 minutes from downtown Evansville. For the cost and the free stuff, I would stay there again.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member