“A nice finish to a long day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Cloverdale, Indiana
“A nice finish to a long day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

My business takes me regularly to six states and three nights a week in a motel. Believe me, I have seen it all! By far, the Comfort Inn is the hotel chain I frequent the most. Probably 85% of the nights. This is because of the reasonable price, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the amenities I like. One of my favorite Comfort Inn Hotels is the one in Evansville,IN on Elpers Rd. The close proximity to I-64 and the good eating places nearby are a big plus, but even more so is the friendly staff that will bend over backwards to help you and make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good.
I read reviews that are from somebody that has a bad experience from time to time and I realize that EVERY hotel has the potential for something to go wrong on any given day. But I stay at this particular hotel because consistently they offer the best service and clean comfortable rooms time after time. Yes, I have had a key that did not work or a light bulb burned out or something to that effect but nothing that the staff would not immediately fix if I ask them to. One thing good about staying at a particular hotel frequently is that you can get a good picture of the work ethic of that hotel and I can honestly say that theirs' is superb. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether just passing through for one night or an extended stay. Well done folks!

Room Tip: I don't have a favorite room. Most of them are suites and I have never had a bad one.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Topeka, KS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I should have followed my instincts about the Comfort Inns. This is very convenient to the I-64 (but so are all of the other hotels), and is inexpensive, but that's all it has going for it. The room was in need of updating, the bedspread had a burn hole on it, there were stains on the bedspread, and the furniture was scuffed, nicked, and otherwise beaten up. The corridors were smelly. The pool was green-colored and the pool area was dark. The pool also only had ladders to get into it, rather than steps, so we were unable to use it even if it had been more inviting. I was not offered an upgrade as a Choice Privileges member, even though the young lady at the desk was very helpful otherwise. The breakfast was the usual stuff at these places. Had we not arrived past the cancellation time, we would have gone to the Best Western next door (or the Holiday Inn Express). As it was, I looked out the window to see "Bar Open-Happy Hour 5-7 Free Food for Rewards Members," thought about the nice pool and newer rooms there, and reconsidered my trust in the Comfort Inns. Do not stay here unless you have to or you want to save just a few bucks.

Room Tip: Go to the Best Western or Holiday Inn Express.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Asheboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have been coming here for about 8 years now, and as always this is the best visit we have had. Our room was extremely clean,the staff go far above normal to make us feel comfortable,and Betty who prepairs the meals does an excellent job.we will be returning on our next trip to visit our family.
Thanks a lot Larry Moody

Room Tip: Keep up the good work
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was the only hotel we could find available for the Saturday night stay. Hotel is about 12 miles from Evansville. Very basic, but sufficient. Room was clean but furniture was in need of repair, there were stains on the ceiling and the bathtub had a constant drip. We decided not to eat there as the breakfast selection was very poor. The only bright spot was the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Topeka, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

The Comfort Inn is very convenient to I-64 and is a good value. Check in was very easy and quick. While there is a breakfast it was very limited. The biscuits were cold and the gravy was lumpy. Refrigerated items were a few hard boiled eggs. The king suite room was very nice... breakfast, much less so.

• Stayed May 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I was stuck with a broke car in Evansville Indiana for 3 days... The staff at this hotel was wonderful and very helpful.. They even drove me to the store.... The room was also very clean! Would defiantly stay there again. Pet friendly also.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked two rooms the night before the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon and were very pleased with our stay. We asked for two adjacent rooms--no problem; for a late check-out so the runner could shower after the race--no problem. When one of our rooms had a finicky air conditioner, the night clerk left the desk and came to show us how to make it work for the time being (I'm sure they'll repair it promptly). The lobby and halls were quiet from 10:30 p.m. on and there were no distracting doors slamming or lights streaming under doors or through inadequate curtains. The next morning the desk staff cheered the runners as they left, and cheered them as they returned from the race. Price was good, room was clean, Great Staff.

Room Tip: We were right off the lobby and were not disturbed by anything (and we are light sleepers and embarr...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family