“Great tenderloin sandwich !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Indiana
“Great tenderloin sandwich !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The food was great, the staff was freindly & made sure everything was satisfactory. Super neat to be in an old time resturant!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelinMan005

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent all the way around - worth the trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We love to travel around and check out new restaurants. This one sure didn't disappoint! It sits right on the Main Street in little Farmland. My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with the atmosphere, wait staff, food and friendliness. It is a busy little place but our waitress couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. She was extremely informative and aimed to please these first timers! One specialty that she explained right off was the flavored sodas and phosphates. They have much to try but she insisted that if we tried something we didn't like, she would bring us something else and we could always switch the drink when we got refills as well. We tried the blue moon (a blue raspberry phosphate), a marshmallow coke, a marshmallow root beer, a chocolate phosphate with marshmallow and a green river. We liked all of them except we weren't keen on the green river. My husband liked the blue moon and the marshmallow coke the best and I loved the marshmallow root beer. We had a great time trying these different drinks and they were very tasty. It was a unique experience.

For dinner I ordered the breaded tenderloin sandwich and my husband ordered the Big Pig which was a breaded tenderloin with two slices of ham, bacon, bbq sauce, and coleslaw. We both loved our sandwich. Their tenderloins are hand breaded and cooked on the grill rather than fried. I could only eat half of my food. I could have easily split a meal but my husband ate all of his food. We would have loved to have ordered some ice cream, a shake or a sundae but we just didn't have the room. Instead, the owner brought us samples of a couple different ice cream/yogurt flavors. They were very generous samples and it was much appreciated.

Since we were still there when they were closing, we had the opportunity to meet the owners, Cheryl and Bud! They were very friendly and they sat outside and talked with us for about 15-20 minutes.

We really enjoyed the experience, the food, the friendliness and being in this quaint little town. We will definitely go back!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank runner1975
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Breaded tenderloins and home made potato chips are always my order!! Delish and always made fresh when you order!

• Visited September 2013
Bluffton, Indiana
“I liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Went to the Chocolate Moose last week. I had the Double Bacon CheeseBurger and fries. It was great. The portions are big. You can split it and be full. The food was hot and fresh. It's worth the drive to Farmland. I agree the staff could be a little more pleasant but it's part of the charm. There is always a wait in good restaurants during the peak times. This is no exception.

• Visited July 2013
Rockton, Illinois
“Nice little place to unwind......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a very busy establishment and has a hard time dealing with our family when we arrive. We typically have 8 to 16 people so that is a load no matter where you go for a meal.

Great breaded tenderloin sandwiches. Great shakes, sodas. Nice steak cut fries. Good burgers. No complaints. Eat here often when we travel to the lake.

• Visited July 2013